Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,088 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,565
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Where have the people from WAR went?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  goldtoof

Novice Member

10/26/13 5:02:57 PM#21
Originally posted by Lustmord
Originally posted by ringdany

Alternatives to DAOC for f2P RvR open PvP combat are :-

Shadowbane emu

Champions of Regnum

Aika

Aion

All of these are outlasting Warhammer... poor Warhammer :/ I didn't include Lineage 2 style mmos in this list because L2 pvp is flag based - you get some sort of karma penalty if you kill the wrong enemy player.

WAR is 1000x better than all those games listed.

Even DAOC, imo.. it's just too dated and sluggish.

Darkfall:Unholy Wars is the ONLY alternative to WAR if your looking for sieging, open pvp, and RvR.

The only differance between Darkfall and traditional RvR, is that the players create alliances that serve as Realms, and there's more than 3 player created factions in the game.

well i'd say war was better than aion, I think daoc in its day was better than war, but tis UI is really anoying compared to modern games

Darkfall  IS NOT A REALM VS REALM game.  There's no REALMS in it for a start.  It may be a fun game with big PVP, but its not a RVR game its a FFA game.

There's only been a handful of RVR games - namely DAOC, Planetside, Warhammer, Aion & Planetside 2 (probably some Asian titles I've never heard of too).

Lustmord

Hard Core Member

10/26/13 5:14:26 PM#22
The only difference between Darkfall and an RvR game is that the realms are not hard coded.
But players create large alliances that serve as realms. There is still the sense of realm pride.
  nickelsig229

Novice Member

10/26/13 5:21:37 PM#23

I loved warhammer. 

But you say it was better then shadowbane? c'mon man....

goldtoof

Novice Member

10/26/13 5:39:00 PM#24
Lustmord
It's not nearly the same though is it.

With a rvr game you can enter as a noob and know you are safe with 50% or 33% of the players depending on the game.

With a ffa game like eve or darkfall you can't trust anyone. Now that's an attraction for some as it gives more believabilty, suspense and politics. But its not the same as a rvr game, some war players may like the additional factor of having to watch your back and manage your risk, but quite a lot of others won't.
  MrBoots

Novice Member

10/27/13 4:57:38 AM#25

[mod edit]

It's not sunshine and roses in darkfall. One of the devs recently admitted they are having financial difficulties, and the server population has declined so much that players have to make posts in the forums to agree on which area to meet up in for pvp. Global chat is mostly a few guys whining about how few people still play.

About the corruption rumor: It was rumored that AV is selling game currency and items through a certain Auction website. All bans of sellers on that site so far have been the main competitors for the guy that is rumored to be AV's seller. After people started talking about AV's association with that seller on the forums, AV banned every poster and deleted every post about it. Talking about it is the quickest way to get banned now.

Buyer Beware!

[Mr Boots Edit]

Mr Mod I just thought it was unfair that this person comes to this forum and poses as a satisfied player of another game.

Wyrdfell

Hard Core Member

In the abyss you make your own light.

10/27/13 6:35:08 AM#26

I played Warhammer like 4,5 years. And I loved it. There is no other game like Warhammer right now. Maybe Daoc... For me, I'm playing Guild Wars 2 right now. WvW nothing like RvR in Warhammer. But it is not bad at all. I'm playin Guild Wars 2 more then one year right now. And I think I'll play it till Warhammer 40k release. Now the new WvW map is on the way, I'm more excited than ever...

Playing : Guild Wars 2 - Destiny - Perpetuum

Waiting for : The Division - H1Z1 - Elite Dangerous - Warhammer 40K

Lustmord

Hard Core Member

10/27/13 1:19:34 PM#27
Originally posted by goldtoof
Lustmord
It's not nearly the same though is it.

With a rvr game you can enter as a noob and know you are safe with 50% or 33% of the players depending on the game.

With a ffa game like eve or darkfall you can't trust anyone. Now that's an attraction for some as it gives more believabilty, suspense and politics. But its not the same as a rvr game, some war players may like the additional factor of having to watch your back and manage your risk, but quite a lot of others won't.

This is what I'm trying to say.

You can join an alliance and be safe from 33% of the players, if you join a large alliance.

Or you can join a smaller clan/alliance and be safe from less.

It's really up to you, and your comfort level. It's up to the players though, it's not hard coded.

The real benefit of this, because it's not hard coded, is the majority of players won't choose one side because it looks cool (Destruction), leaving the other side constantly zerged (Order).

ringdany

Apprentice Member

10/30/13 6:44:05 PM#28

Originally posted by goldtoof There's only been a handful of RVR games - namely DAOC, Planetside, Warhammer, Aion & Planetside 2 (probably some Asian titles I've never heard of too).

Just wanted to point out that Champions of Regnum is another very capable RvR open PvP game.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search