Trending Games | EverQuest Next | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,716 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,370
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

10/21/13 9:32:32 PM#21

The game died because of what it was

and what it was not

the market spoke and delivered a verdict

Thank goodness we still have the freedom to choose the games we will, and wont play.

gamekid2k

Novice Member

10/22/13 1:03:02 AM#22
Originally posted by tawess
Originally posted by Lustmord
That's an awesome video.

If that is the best DF have to offer... .. .

Holy mother of buggy glitchy messes.

Good to see the game has not really improved since the old days.

Is that really the best you have for criticism?  You understand that they video that glitch on purpose for this video right? 

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Lustmord

Advanced Member

OP  10/25/13 1:20:30 AM#23
Originally posted by The1ceQueen
Originally posted by Lustmord
Originally posted by Shadanwolf
Looting of all your items means I will NEVER play this game.

jeeze.. So you lose a sword and some armor.

What's the big deal if you have 20 more sets in the bank?

People have been asking for meaningful pvp for years. Well, here it is- reward and consequence.

If it's shouldn't be such a big deal to the person losing their gear because it's just crap...Why should it matter if you get to loot it or not?  I mean it's nothing gear because you have more in your bank, so what's the point in being able to loot it, if it's kinda worthless?

losing your gear can sting.. I ain't gonna lie.

But it doesn't hurt. It isn't crippling.

Sometimes you win a little, sometimes you lose a little.

Sometimes you win big, sometimes you lose big.

It's part of the game, and it creates the same kind of meaninful pvp that people have been begging for since UO.

Lustmord

Advanced Member

OP  10/25/13 1:24:17 AM#24
Originally posted by Mardukk

I recommend the game to old school MMO players that are looking for that sense of danger and risk vs reward.  It actually reminds me a lot of EQ1 even though this is PvP danger not PvE danger.  Also Crafting and gathering are important unlike most other MMO's out there.   Even as a PvE person I'm having fun sneaking around solo or small group PvEing and gathering/crafting.

Yes, I often think if UO and EQ1 had a baby, they would name it Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search