Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Star Trek Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,562 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,772
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
34 posts found
  DrDream

Novice Member

"Hey...... look a dragon!!"

OP  9/26/13 8:43:20 PM#1

Mythic doesn't wanna renew its license, and sega owns it now help to try to save this awesome game! Sign for love and F2P conversion!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-warhammer-online/

timeleaper Xfire Miniprofile
  marz.at.play

Apprentice Member

nanu nanu

9/26/13 8:53:00 PM#2
Done! If it goes F2P I'll be back.

Kazuhiro

Advanced Member

9/27/13 12:09:35 AM#3

Honestly the game doesn't deserve to be saved, if the developers didn't care to save it, why should I?

Honestly I loved the IP, and to date still think the chaos chosen is the best looking character model ever put in a game. (Played like shit though, horrible class mechanics.) But those arn't enough to save what is arguably one of the most expensive mmo flops to ever occur in history.

JeroKane: In TSW your gear has NO stats whatsoever! But only via trinkets and talismans.

Myself: Please, stop posting, I can't breath I'm laughing so hard at that statement.

BMBender

Advanced Member

9/27/13 12:16:46 AM#4
welcome to free enterprise witch also includes the freedom to fail spectacularly.

Dauntis

Spotlight Poster

9/27/13 12:54:47 AM#5

So lemme get this straight, you want them to pay the licensing fee and make it F2P for a game that pretty spectacularly failed?

How about we let it die so the IP can be resurrected with some more compretent handling?

I would like to give an opinion on this post, but if I agree I will offend people who disagree. While if I disagree my comment will be seen as inflammatory. Either way I will get banned by this site full of the most delicate flowers in online gaming. Ban people for giving honest opinions... beautiful. Unfortunately I still like the articles.

DrDream

Novice Member

"Hey...... look a dragon!!"

OP  9/28/13 5:22:17 PM#6
Originally posted by Dauntis

So lemme get this straight, you want them to pay the licensing fee and make it F2P for a game that pretty spectacularly failed?

How about we let it die so the IP can be resurrected with some more compretent handling?

I doubt anyone would re-pick up a warhammer mmo since Sega owns it now, i know they were talking about making a total war out of it which would be cool but i love the feel of this game. i doubt anyone remembers The Chronicles of spellborn but that never got picked up and i have been waiting for a while on that too.

timeleaper Xfire Miniprofile
  Gorwe

Elite Member

9/28/13 5:54:46 PM#7
Let it rest in peace!

You DAoC heads can get your RvR fix elsewhere.
We Warhammer fans get the possibility of a better Warhammer (MMO)RPG.

You get what you want. We get what we want. Everyone stays happy. The cost? A meaningless game. Not a great loss tbh and we should be able to live with the consenquences of this decision.

But if it goes f2p anywhere(Public, private or otherwise), which I highly doubt btw, I'll be back. It's not like I have a lot of Warhammer Fantasy games to choose from anyhow. That decision came out of pure necessity, not out of love, desire or anything like it. Because, sad and tragic as it may be, it still is the best Warhammer Fantasy game out there...
  Biskop

Novice Member

9/29/13 4:08:06 PM#8
Not much to save, I'm afraid. WAR was great in some ways but in the end, the bad outweighed the good.

It was just a very incomplete and not very well designed game that also utterly failed to capture the awesomeness of one of the world's greatest fantasy IPs. I prefer to just let it rest and hope for a better Warhammer Fantasy game some time in the future.

tawess

Elite Member

9/29/13 4:12:39 PM#9
Not worth saving. Even a F2P conversion would not bring in enough money for them to fix all the issues it has.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

manowar88

Advanced Member

9/29/13 4:18:55 PM#10
Done!

x1muft.png

Boneserino

Elite Member

9/29/13 4:21:41 PM#11

I am still waiting for Earth and Beyond

Fastest shutdown of an MMO in history I believe.

I wish you luck.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

Zinzan

Advanced Member

9/29/13 4:36:18 PM#12
No way, there is a special place reserved in mmo hell for this game, burn!! 

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

hikaru77

Advanced Member

9/29/13 5:13:05 PM#13
Originally posted by tawess
Not worth saving. Even a F2P conversion would not bring in enough money for them to fix all the issues it has.

Even that is still the best PvP MMO out there. 

daemon

Advanced Member

From all the things I''ve lost I miss my mind the most.

9/29/13 5:14:57 PM#14
It failed and they had plenty of time to save it. rip.
  furbans

Elite Member

9/29/13 6:40:31 PM#15
Originally posted by hikaru77
Originally posted by tawess

Even that is still the best PvP MMO out there. 

If it was SOOOOOOO great then why are they shutting the game down?  There is a reason, whether you like the reason or not it's because it has greatly underperformed to their expectations.

Hatefull

Hard Core Member

Your tears make my gun work better.

9/29/13 6:46:57 PM#16

let it die. There is nothing here but hope for the IP to be given (sold, rented to, w/e) better hands and maybe it can come back worthy of the name WarHammer. Seriously so much lore, so many references, so much opportunity, wasted. Let it go.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

DocBrody

Advanced Member

9/29/13 6:53:36 PM#17

It's dead Jim.

And I'd rather sign a bring back SWG petition

DamonVile

Elite Member

9/29/13 7:07:53 PM#18
Originally posted by Boneserino

I wish you luck.

EA was expecting another EQ and wasn't willing to even let it grow.

on topic the license has already been passed on. No petition is going to save this game.

There's a saying about evolution and why we have two eyes and two ears but only one mouth. Clearly it didn't see the internet coming or it never would have given us ten fingers to type with.

Sciva

Advanced Member

9/29/13 7:11:27 PM#19
Having WAR go F2P would mean someone actually having to work on it, which i doubt will happen. Sorry.
  BMBender

Advanced Member

9/29/13 7:16:02 PM#20
Originally posted by Boneserino

I wish you luck.

No I think Jump gate evolution might have that beat never even made it through alpha :D if your talking post release then yea prob

2 Pages 1 2 » Search