Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,644 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,455
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Warhammer SHUTDOWN in December.

11 posts found
  xpowderx

Apprentice Member

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
Richard Feynman, Nobel-prize-winning physicist

OP  9/21/13 1:07:19 AM#1

Thanks EA!!! :-/

Yes that is right, Warhammer's final day will be  gone December 18th. As it is past Sept 18 you can no longer buy 3 month passes. Here is the link from the Dev's.  http://www.warhammeronline.com/article/Warhammer-Notice-Shutdown

Best wishes to those who still like this game!

Success is your proof;
courage is your armour;
go on, go on, in my strength;
& ye shall turn not back for any!
— Liber AL III:46

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

9/21/13 6:18:06 AM#2
You're late...... but this is no real loss, EA killed it long ago.

"The discrepancy between what we know is possible and what we currently have to choose from is beyond disappointing" - GeezerGamer
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

9/21/13 6:19:30 AM#3
Am I the only one amazed they didn't do this years ago?

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

IridescentOrk

Novice Member

9/21/13 6:29:59 AM#4
ya, I am surprised it lasted this far; now if you wanna play a goblo then /back to WoW

gameplay > graphics

Loktofeit

Hard Core Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ESO, and Combat Arms

9/21/13 10:56:32 AM#5
Originally posted by xpowderx

Are you suggesting they should have kept it open longer even without enough playing it to meet its numbers?

Torvaldr

Elite Member

Opportunist

9/21/13 12:40:01 PM#6
Originally posted by Loktofeit
Originally posted by xpowderx

Are you suggesting they should have kept it open longer even without enough playing it to meet its numbers?

EA could be blamed for not putting enough effort into the game, but I think Games Workshop isn't renewing the license so it's not just EA. GW and EA don't appear to have a very good relationship.

Karteli

Elite Member

9/21/13 12:52:41 PM#7

There was great disappointment with WAR's handling by EA, so much so that it seems the next license publishing is being granted to Activision ... WAR40k (Dev = Behaviour)

I'm sure the non-renewal wasn't an oversight .. rather a calculated rejection from GW against EA's botch job

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

freakishbean

Apprentice Member

9/21/13 6:53:11 PM#8

Let's see here...

No expansions? As in, actual new content expansions? Check.

12 races/Factions in the world, and WAR only uses half? Check

"Tiered" levels, no exploring the WAR world? Check

Constantly breaking the game with failed patches? Check

In 5 years, WAR got 3 good updates - Slayers and Choppas, Knights of the Sun and the DE Tank class, and Khemri, which was pretty awesome. But no Bretonnia, No Sylvania, no New World or far east - it's as if they didn't even try developing a Warhammer world, aside from the Tomb of Knowledge. 

Hopefully, one day, a developer will put out a Warhmamer Fantasy game that the IP deserves. 

Needing is Wanting...
Wanting is Coveting...
Coveting is Sinning...
I am SO going to Hell.

kartool

Advanced Member

9/21/13 7:01:45 PM#9
Someone else is working on a new Warhammer MMO, that's probably why WAR is getting shutdown. Same thing happened when TOR came out - SWG got shuttered.
  Gorwe

Elite Member

9/22/13 4:09:03 AM#10
Or the IP ran out.

Occam's razor my friend. Occam's razor.

(Tho I would kill for a quality Warhammer Fantasy {MMO}RPG )

gervaise1

Elite Member

9/22/13 4:53:26 AM#11

Non-renewal of the IP might have been mutual - 40K has always been a different part of the IP so it could have been renewed.

Renewing the IP would have cost money. If the offer had been high enough GW would surely have said yes. But with relatively few players EA wont have wanted to pay a great deal - if anything. At which point GW will have decided they might get more in the future.