Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,868 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,085,142
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Warhammer Online growing?

19 posts found
  marsmercer

Apprentice Member

OP  9/09/13 10:08:41 AM#1

Warhammer Online has been one of those fickle romances that I can't seem to end. I tend to check in every three-six months to assess population and to justify the subscription. The 14 day Return to War promotion facilitates these returns. Returning and checking things out couldn't be cheaper.

Oddly, I have found upon my latest return that there seemed to be more folks in game, in each Tier, trying things out and finding themselves pleased. In casually speaking with folks, many are trickling in from WoW (they want a more serious approach to this similar mythology). What better way to make large companies take notice than to vote with you dollar! Again, oddly, WAR seems to be growing!

Amjoco

Elite Member

9/09/13 10:18:59 AM#2

It was a good game for me, not the greatest, but good. I had some wonderful times in PvP!  I'm glad it seems to be growing though, at least to you perspective OP.  For me, it has been on my hard drive for years gathering cyber dust.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

manowar88

Novice Member

9/09/13 10:19:41 AM#3
Originally posted by marsmercer

Warhammer Online has been one of those fickle romances that I can't seem to end. I tend to check in every three-six months to assess population and to justify the subscription. The 14 day Return to War promotion facilitates these returns. Returning and checking things out couldn't be cheaper.

Oddly, I have found upon my latest return that there seemed to be more folks in game, in each Tier, trying things out and finding themselves pleased. In casually speaking with folks, many are trickling in from WoW (they want a more serious approach to this similar mythology). What better way to make large companies take notice than to vote with you dollar! Again, oddly, WAR seems to be growing!

Iam one of the returning players !    I have bine playing for one mont now . and this time i relly enjoy warhammer.  yes it healty populated atlest what i can see in tier 4 =)

x1muft.png

Wyrdfell

Hard Core Member

In the abyss you make your own light.

9/09/13 10:28:09 AM#4

I returned 2 months ago and I'm still playing. This game still got very good population and still p2p. This is really something. They fixed the renown balance. And renown balance was the only problem about this game. Still best pvp around there. And still growing.

Diablo 3 - Guild Wars 2 - Heartstone

marsmercer

Apprentice Member

OP  9/09/13 11:31:53 AM#5
Perhaps Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade is renewing interest? Loving PvP! We had one hell of a comeback in T2 last night. Order kicked their collective asses! 
  Nidwin

Novice Member

9/10/13 5:16:09 AM#6

Yep.

It's picking up a bit, population wise.

gremlinmaster

Apprentice Member

9/10/13 5:57:53 AM#7

Hello, i would love to play it again. Does anyone of you have one BUDDY KEY , to let me proof the game again?

Thank you.

Amjoco

Elite Member

9/10/13 5:59:37 AM#8
Originally posted by gremlinmaster

Hello, i would love to play it again. Does anyone of you have one BUDDY KEY , to let me proof the game again?

Thank you.

I haven't played in a long time, but I think it is free up to level XX.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Snoepie

Apprentice Member

9/10/13 6:00:21 AM#9

i would like to try is again..

Still have the account.. i tried to buy a gamecard.. but somehow you cant buy them anymore.. except amazon..

I would like to check the game out again.. is there any other option.. like a  buddy key orso?

thanks

Elevenb4

Hard Core Member

9/10/13 6:01:22 AM#10
I wouldn't mind trying it again either. I played it when it first came out for 2 months. I have to agree, best PvP fun I've ever had in an MMO. Quit for the same reasons everyone else did. I wouldn't mind coming to try it out again. Buddy key or anything like that, if it exists would be great.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

User Deleted
9/10/13 6:04:52 AM#11
Sometimes I think the game is only still open due to some legal contract somewhere. I just have seen zero evidence that they are trying to make that game grow.
  Nidwin

Novice Member

9/10/13 7:00:45 AM#12
Amazon is your best bet for cards, till they fix the origin bullcrap that none seems to care about for Warhammer online AoR. As I already mentioned the situation is starting to get "pathetic" from Mythic/Origin/EA side, especially to us, paying playerbase. The only ones seemingly alive and still around are the CSR's.
  Shorun

Novice Member

9/10/13 7:08:34 AM#13

The first 1-2 months of WAR were the best times I ever had in an MMO. I only left it because the playerbase dropped and everything was empty. This game really needs masses of players to be good. Sadly, those masses will never return - even if the playerbase is on the rise again.

That's why I play GW2 now. It's always more fun if the world is packed with players.

rodingo

Elite Member

9/10/13 7:13:54 AM#14

Quick question:

Is the sub for this game still  $15 a month?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Margrave

Advanced Member

9/10/13 7:20:18 AM#15
They should do a free weekend for old accounts...
  hikaru77

Hard Core Member

9/10/13 7:23:38 AM#16
Is the best PvP MMO on the market, A F2P option will bring the game back to the top. sadly EA is still around and dont care about the game. 
  HEKKRA

Apprentice Member

9/10/13 7:25:28 AM#17
Originally posted by Margrave
They should do a free weekend for old accounts...

You can get a free 14 day trial if you have an old account.

Atleast i did. But the EU server is pretty empty. I just logged in. Nothing to brag about.

And lol at the guy saying this is the best pvp mmo on the market.

Nidwin

Novice Member

9/10/13 8:10:08 AM#18

It's a bit early for the EU server, population wise.

15:00 here, 14:00 in the UK so most of us are still at work. From what I'm told Prime-time, evenings is where the server gets quite interresting on Norn (EU-server)

As for the best PvP game it's always a personal matter. Some like it, some love it, some hate it.

Just a warning before anyone tries to resub.

PVE is dead in warhammer. It's still there but nobody does it so no PQ's, quest, whatever PVErs enjoy. Warhammer is all about PvP/RvR and as there seems to be something fishy with the scenario pops, since they ended the live event,  it's mostly RvR in the lakes.

Amjoco

Elite Member

9/10/13 9:35:30 AM#19
For those just wanting to check it out again, or for the first time. Forever Free Trial.