Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,328 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,400
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
40 posts found
  Tierless

Apprentice Member

joie de vivre

OP  5/09/13 8:42:21 PM#21

This is the post I am referencing, it might not be true.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Gameplay/General-Discussion/Devs-16658945-1.html

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

sibs4455

Advanced Member

5/09/13 9:59:50 PM#22

I still think ea will make it f2p / cashshop ,just check out the Origin shop .. there has been no 3 / 6 months game cards etc for a few months now, you can only buy the 1 month one.

There are still plenty of battles every day in t4, mass running fights while trying to takes zones are always fun. But yes we do need more people back in the game for also there are days when you just take empty keeps which is no fun at all.

Tierless

Apprentice Member

joie de vivre

OP  5/09/13 11:02:29 PM#23

Originally posted by sibs4455
I still think ea will make it f2p / cashshop ,just check out the Origin shop .. there has been no 3 / 6 months game cards etc for a few months now, you can only buy the 1 month one.

There are still plenty of battles every day in t4, mass running fights while trying to takes zones are always fun. But yes we do need more people back in the game for also there are days when you just take empty keeps which is no fun at all.

Is keep trading still an issue?

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Sovrath

Elite Member

5/09/13 11:51:18 PM#24
Originally posted by Tierless

This is the post I am referencing, it might not be true.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Gameplay/General-Discussion/Devs-16658945-1.html

And the moderator says:

Kevin has not left the team.

and

Telenn you don't have access to such information as the number of team members working on WAR.

In any case there is too much "gossip" in game communities.

Nidwin

Novice Member

5/10/13 5:07:14 AM#25

Another doom and gloom thread.

Kevin is still here, it's Keaven that left the company and Tim got thanked.

Patch 1.4.9 has been pushed back because, understandable, of some reorganization at Mythic after the EA lay-offs. Same for the second part of the live event.

As for nobody to fight, game empty, blahblahblah. Or you guys are trying to log on old servers that have been closed or we're talking about two different games.

Eraserhead

Novice Member

5/10/13 6:04:20 AM#26

There are plenty of fights to be had on both the EU and US servers in T4. The Warhammer population will be around for some time because there just are no other games in existence that does what war does. Staff for the game has recently reduced to almost zero but the game has been in maintenance mode for what 2 years now? Play it as it is if you enjoy it because there is still the population there to make it fun but just don't expect any new stuff coz it aint coming whether we like it or not. For me I still have enough fun to pay a sub and I don't see that changing too soon.

wordiz

Advanced Member

5/10/13 6:08:34 AM#27
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Don't give ea your money

Play ps2 or DF or gw2 or moody daoc server or whatever until cu comes out.

Taking a pretty big stab there aren't you? I doubt I'm the only one that isn't interested in a single title you just mentioned (Cept DAoC, but it's time has passed.)

http://thewordiz.wordpress.com/

IsilithTehroth

Advanced Member

5/10/13 6:13:53 AM#28
I miss playing for 2 weeks and quitting because the game was a heaping pile of trash. Good riddance to bad rubbish in my opinion.

MurderHerd

User Deleted
5/11/13 12:29:13 PM#29
Originally posted by Tierless

I don't really play WAR anymore, but I liked the Orcs so much I occasionally stop by just to mess around with my orcs a bit. I was gering up for another stop by when I checked the forums to catch up on any news, I saw a thread saying the 1 dev the game had was just reassigned, so the game is in maintenance mode. 0 patches, 0 updates. I can't help but feel sad about this. 1 good expansion and this game could have been back on top again, instead it got closeted so EA could focus on the Star Wars IP.

I decided not to come back for a month, I just can't put my money into a game that is essentially frozen in time. Where is my money going if not into the game I like? Sad times are upon WAR. I feel for it. I miss my Orcs.

To be brutally honest, WAR was always in maintenance mode because the game was released far too early (2 years at least). With that line of logic everyone of their patches was fixing something or adding something that should have already been in the game. It may be a depressing way of looking at the game, but it's the right way.

While there aren't facts to support this theory, many speculated that WAR's subscription funds were being thrown at SWtOR's development. I personally wouldn't put EA past it and there were times when I wondered where my subscription money was headed too.

A F2P model would be a temporary fix for WAR at best. It would immediately boost the population in all the lakes, but it wouldn't be long before players begin getting frustrated with WAR's other problems. EA probably sees this and decides to put the game in a vegetable state rather than risk a financial lost trying to revive (what they see as) an already dead game. Quite ironic really, considering EA was the one that was so eager to take the risk and launch WAR early in the first place.

The potential in WAR is staggering (pun intended), but the likely-hood of anything happening with the game is almost 0%. Mythic is moving to mobile games and EA is caught up in it's FPS and Star War crazes at the moment. If you decide to fork over 15$/month to it that's fine, just remember fun will be all that you're getting from it.

SoulStain

Novice Member

5/11/13 12:45:57 PM#30
Likely that Warhammer Online  license between Games Workshop and Mythic/Bioware/whoever is 10yrs and seeing as its halfway through...EA doesn't see it as a profitable venture since they probably will not renew the license. Re-licensing is hefty I'd imagine . Pure opinion.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

5/11/13 1:04:38 PM#31
The problem war has, people stuck with it despite ea because it was the only rvr game going.

But now there are alternatives with gw2 & ps2 and soon TESO. There's no reason to stay and line eas greedy pockets.
  redcapp

Novice Member

5/11/13 1:11:00 PM#32

Good. EA doesn't deserve your money.

The problem war has, people stuck with it despite ea because it was the only rvr game going.

But now there are alternatives with gw2 & ps2 and soon TESO. There's no reason to stay and line eas greedy pockets.

NCSoft is definitely no better.  Sony is up in the air I guess.  TESO is wait and see (imo).

User Deleted
5/14/13 2:26:57 AM#33

WAR had a lot of problems across the board. People stuck with it though because it filled a niche extremely well, fantasy-RvR/PvP. DAoC players were just starting to get bored and WoW PvP junkies needed something more and Warhammer supplied it to both groups. Despite all it's flaws, the RvR/PvP at the center of the game was always enjoyable and people ultimately stayed for that.

WAR also had the setting of Warhammer fantasy with it, which can't be discredited. The RvR concept fit right into the Warhammer world and made players who enjoy the tabletop experience love the game for it's massive battles.

I agree with you that there are other games trying to fill the same niche WAR did, but you won't get one that did it as well as WAR. The GW franchise is very hit/miss in terms of which players like it, PS2 is a sci-fi setting with almost no story, and TESO seems to just be relying on it's setting/story to win players over to it (with little attention given to creating revolutionary game mechanics or concepts).

I don't mean to sound depressing or overly critical, but (both) Warhammer settings have a prestige about them that just works perfectly with RvR. For example, imagine a PS2-like (an already great title) game in the 40k setting. Suddenly it just got a hell of a cooler right?

krage

Apprentice Member

5/14/13 3:18:05 AM#34

I loved this game, me and my old Army buds used to play this alottttttttt but we suddenly all stopped playing it...not because it was boring or bad but because we had alot of other friends who dragged us back to World of Warcraft for launch of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

We never went back either unfortunately. Talking with most of them we were all missing the game but were too invested with WoW: WotLK and didnt want to throw down for two subscription games that require alot of time.

IMO Warhammer online was a great themepark game with fun RvR but just had bad timing and management to compete with WoW, that at the time was still on the rise to its peak. Not to mention to most WAR's game design (minus RvR) was a WoW themepark clone...its near impossible to compete with the industries #1 while having launch issues, less polish and less content plus a subscription on top of being the "lesser" product in terms of progress.

Surprisingly developers and publishers still havent learned lol they cant directly compete with or chase WoWs golden goose success. 

Reizla

Elite Member

MMORPGs are no longer about the mass multi-user anymore *sadly*

5/14/13 3:20:30 AM#35
Don't give ea your money

Play ps2 or DF or gw2 or moody daoc server or whatever until cu comes out.

Uhm... Isn't DoaC an EA title as well? :D

Anyway, sad to hear that WAR (as bad as it is) is on maintenance mode only now. They should have made it 100% F2P instead of this weird Freemium they've made of it. Perhaps then the game would be more alive then it is now...

Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
GTX660 (ASUS/EVGA) 3x HD monitor spanned 5760x1080
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

Nikopol

Apprentice Member

Brought to you by... The Spirit of Nikopol.

5/14/13 3:43:24 AM#36

On the one hand... I'd be sad to see WAR go, as I enjoyed quite a bit of my time in there. Hey, WAR's got the best Goblins and the best Orcs in any online game out there. :)

On the other hand... It does feel like a dead end, doesn't it? And it's a pity we probably won't have another Warhammer MMO for quite a while. I can't help but dream of a new Warhammer MMO with a bigger world, more substantial PVE, open world PVP and some sandbox elements to go along with that.

The material is just too good to be left to be forgotten..

Vapors

Hard Core Member

5/14/13 3:48:29 AM#37

True but, sadly GW2 WvWvW is so badly copied and bad done, it makes you feel useless and it actually does no fun after 15 minutes.

In warhammer times ago it forced you to play for hoouuuurs over the whole day long.

Methos12

Hard Core Member

Its better to be quiet and perceived as stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

5/14/13 3:58:43 AM#38
I just wish EA gave WAR a fair shake at proper F2P. Now it's probably too late and they couldn't justify the conversion financially. Not to mention the game's basically been on life support for years now and whatever manpower they had they put to cannibalizing WAR's assets to create that MOBA abomination that got shut down anyway.

Nature without Technology is little more than animals running about.
Nature without Magic is without wonder or miracle.
Magic without Technology is fantasy.
Magic without Nature is formless and useless.
Technology without Nature is application without understanding.
Technology without Magic is repetitious and uninventive.

Grailer

Advanced Member

5/14/13 4:02:28 AM#39

amazing I forgot I even played this game . The pvp was kinda wacky and fun at low levels I remember .

User Deleted
5/14/13 6:38:15 PM#40
Originally posted by Nikopol

On the one hand... I'd be sad to see WAR go, as I enjoyed quite a bit of my time in there. Hey, WAR's got the best Goblins and the best Orcs in any online game out there. :)

Goblin Shaman healing an ally:

Gork'll fix it!!, Gork'll fix it!!, Gork'll fix it!!, Gork'll fix it!!, ...... *ally dies*......Gork didn't fix it.  :(

We need moar boyz!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search