Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,609 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,419
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
40 posts found
  Tierless

Advanced Member

joie de vivre

OP  5/09/13 10:22:21 AM#1

I don't really play WAR anymore, but I liked the Orcs so much I occasionally stop by just to mess around with my orcs a bit. I was gering up for another stop by when I checked the forums to catch up on any news, I saw a thread saying the 1 dev the game had was just reassigned, so the game is in maintenance mode. 0 patches, 0 updates. I can't help but feel sad about this. 1 good expansion and this game could have been back on top again, instead it got closeted so EA could focus on the Star Wars IP.

I decided not to come back for a month, I just can't put my money into a game that is essentially frozen in time. Where is my money going if not into the game I like? Sad times are upon WAR. I feel for it. I miss my Orcs.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

fanglo

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 10:33:42 AM#2

EA should release the WoH classes to be played on the live servers. They could even throw them in the cash shop for players to buy.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

5/09/13 10:38:30 AM#3
Don't give ea your money

Play ps2 or DF or gw2 or moody daoc server or whatever until cu comes out.
  senti02

Novice Member

5/09/13 10:38:35 AM#4
i miss my BO and choppa..but i dont want to sub to a pvp game without any player to fight againts..sigh
  BlueTiger33

Novice Member

5/09/13 10:42:41 AM#5

I miss my squig. :(

I would gladly sub again if they could figure out how to market this game once again.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
My Blog

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

5/09/13 10:46:11 AM#6
I miss WAR ,too...many nice  memories,epic battles , I miss many nice players... too

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Tierless

Advanced Member

joie de vivre

OP  5/09/13 10:48:00 AM#7

I dont even think it would take much. Maybe 1 Xpac removing some restrictions and opening up the game making it a bit more lawless and vicious in the process. From their perspective Im sure the idea of putting money into an Xpac for a game with 2k players is just silly.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

5/09/13 10:48:33 AM#8
Sadly WAR is what happens when you get a big company like EA wanting some of the WOW pie..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

5/09/13 10:57:31 AM#9

If EA did anything it would be a F2P transition. I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. The game has been declining for a long time, but it's still been profitable as far as I know. I can't imagine they would lose money on the deal. Maybe it really is because WAR will not reach WoW's sub numbers.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

Tierless

Advanced Member

joie de vivre

OP  5/09/13 1:40:49 PM#10

Originally posted by lizardbones
If EA did anything it would be a F2P transition. I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. The game has been declining for a long time, but it's still been profitable as far as I know. I can't imagine they would lose money on the deal. Maybe it really is because WAR will not reach WoW's sub numbers.

I thought, could be wrong, they were working on it, but then decided it wasn't worth the work and ended it half way through.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Zinzan

Advanced Member

5/09/13 2:31:51 PM#11
Originally posted by lizardbones

Yeah, just like they did with DAoC, right?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

MadDemon64

Hard Core Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

5/09/13 2:35:37 PM#12
Look on the bright side: this increases the chances of the game becoming f2p.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Tierless

Advanced Member

joie de vivre

OP  5/09/13 7:36:01 PM#13

From what I understand it was going FTP, then they pulled back on that so this might be a very very bad sign for WAR. They should sell it for Cheep to MJ so we can play it until CU comes out lol.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

thecapitaine

Advanced Member

5/09/13 7:43:37 PM#14
It's possible I'm getting this confused with another game but wasn't there a stream of WAR just last week with Grakulen and the developer?  I've never seen the game so I spent a couple minutes watching a bit of the PvP but none of it resonated with me.  Is this the same game and the same dev or is that another WAR game?
  Mtibbs1989

Elite Member

5/09/13 7:51:20 PM#15
 EA loves money F2P makes tones of money and there's plenty of people waiting to see this happen; I just don't understand why EA hasn't done this yet.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Rohn

Advanced Member

5/09/13 8:03:32 PM#16

With a few very small exceptions, the game has been in maintenance mode for almost 4 years.  Nothing significant has come out since Land of the Dead, despite their best attempts to string people along.

Unfortunately, it costs money, and requires developers, to "re-develop" a game to the free to play model.  They've proven that they will not spend one more penny on this game than they have to, so I do not think a conversion is likely.

Anyone know when the license for the IP expires?

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

jusomdude

Spotlight Poster

5/09/13 8:09:37 PM#17
Well that sucks, I was thinking about checking the game out again. I had a lot of fun around release, but it looks like it's not worth playing atm.
  Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

5/09/13 8:13:28 PM#18
Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
 EA loves money F2P makes tones of money and there's plenty of people waiting to see this happen; I just don't understand why EA hasn't done this yet.

they're not willing to suffer the cost of converting it to F2P.

they MUST know that F2P not done right can go very wrong ... punish players too much and they don't stay. punish them too little and they don't pay.

I'd hate to be the one designing a F2P system...because I know crap will fall on me by the shit-ton when things don't go how some guy in the office thought they will...no matter how unrealistic that was.

LordSneerg

Novice Member

5/09/13 8:22:48 PM#19
Sad state of affairs for a game that could have been so much more.  Sigh was hoping the ce for this game would have been  the last one I had to buy for a while.   Back to DCUO until aa or Tesoro release. Sigh. 
  DamonVile

Hard Core Member

5/09/13 8:30:45 PM#20
EA would go f2p with WAR but they can't really wrap their head around the word free. Look at their "free " version of swtor.

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search