Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | WildStar | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,904,970 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,291,663
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
54 posts found
  moosecatlol

Apprentice Member

12/27/12 8:00:44 PM#21
Are certain tanks impossible to 1v1 when they're geared? I hated that land of the dead update, giving everyone massive health regen was a huge mistake in terms of gear balance. Balance in Warhammer Online made me quit too many times, I think the first huge hit that made me quit was the first Archmage nerf.
  VassagoMael

Hard Core Member

12/27/12 8:03:35 PM#22
Nope. Never going back to that game.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

Fearum

Apprentice Member

12/27/12 8:05:09 PM#23
The game was huge disappointment and I would never go back even if they paid me money.
  Nidwin

Novice Member

12/28/12 7:43:52 AM#24

The question isn't if people will come back, but how long do they think they'll stay.

I can already see the picture.

They come back playing their crappy low rr level 40 toons in T4 with the idea they're RvR Gods and they're going to rule. Going to get stomped over and over and over again. Going to whine about this and this and this. Quit and tell everyone how much War still sucks.

When you see the boys and gals coming back, more and more, from GW2 because GW2's RvR is way too casual and it already bored the hell out of them,  and that the sPvP is freaking boring too, I can't see or imagine anything good coming out of a F2P or B2P model with all the JoeSixPacks coming back or trying it again.

My 2 cents.

piquet

Novice Member

12/28/12 8:02:18 AM#25
Originally posted by Nidwin

The question isn't if people will come back, but how long do they think they'll stay.

I can already see the picture.

They come back playing their crappy low rr level 40 toons in T4 with the idea they're RvR Gods and they're going to rule. Going to get stomped over and over and over again. Going to whine about this and this and this. Quit and tell everyone how much War still sucks.

I really wish Warhammer were a lot more like DAoC. In its current state people will not last long. I tried to go back and play my RR51 marauder, but the gap to RR100 players is just too big. I couldn't find motivation to keep going. Also, the community has become very elitist and it's hard to get a group let alone a warband for RvR and people are generally rude.

Also for some reason most people on Karak-Norn seem to be Russian now, making it even harder to come back. I enjoyed the first few months of Warhammer a lot, but now it's pretty much dead to me. Big changes need to be made to get me interested again.

Nidwin

Novice Member

12/28/12 8:19:29 AM#26

Exactly my point Piquet and F2P or B2P isn't going to make it better. Badlands isn't as bad as Norn but it's still very "core" in it's actual playerbase.

I don't think we, the oldies/vets, want to show off or whatever or are here for an elitist attitude. But you've to understand that after more than 4 years of War our expectations and gameplay has become hardcore. We don't need to pug up or form pug warbands and we all have our warhammer buddies to group up with when needed or if we want too. A lot of us are even solo half of the time but after those 4 years we know very well what to do, when to do, and how to try to do it. It's just the nature of the beast and a very hard time for newcomers and worse for returning low rr level 40's in T4. The learning curve has become "steep" hard but once done Warhammer is the PvP/RvR that was promised at launch, Today. Not that garbage it was at launch, thanks God.

Yamota

Elite Member

Gaming should be about fun, not gender equality.

12/28/12 8:21:16 AM#27
I will try it out, probably, as it is a quite good ThemePark PvP MMO. But what drove me away was the anti-climactic end-game which was quite lacking.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/28/12 8:44:28 AM#28
Was buggy at launch

Was quite good fun around 1.3

Bioware completely broke it with 1.4 and the "expansion"
  erictlewis

Novice Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

12/28/12 8:49:14 AM#29

If it goes buy to play yes, but if those idiots put the same sort of free to play restrictions in like they dis swtor, I could care less.

dinams

Novice Member

12/28/12 8:53:54 AM#30
I would if they had some benefits for prior subscribers, very good pvp

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Gorwe

Elite Member

12/28/12 8:14:43 PM#31
@Nidwin:

But what if they corrected their mistake and put ads in White Dwarf/etc...?

I think that many Warhammer fans would come(and stay, idk that) just for ability to play Warhammer RPG on their computers. Which would say PvE(in whatever shape it may be). Even more would stay because RvR, which is downright awesome, but it does need some purpose to it(Like doing WvW in GW2 gives your server points and yadda yadda). You can't deny that. Perhaps if they connected PvE and RvR somehow(not that they can't-they share the same map ffs, it's not Like in GW2), it would be rad :).

Pure PvP-Scenarios, were/are/will be bad. They have no connections to the world, no consenquences and they still pit pugs vs Pres(do they still?). I never found them fun.

The biggest liability of WAR? Well there are actually two. The first would be the engine(OMG it sucks!). I'd die and go to heaven if they were to port WAR on modern engine with full world being encompassed(PQs+DEs+RvR+Warhamer+ULTHUAN=OH MY!).
The second liability is the very source of Chaos itself. Humans. Yes, we humans. Or as Sartre said "There is no exit!". You can't predict how someone will react and if he will badmouth your game for the silliest reasons...

Anyhow, are Engis still gimp? And what do you think became of Kalvix(:D)? Someone Beat him and washed his head in toillet(!)? I can't forget that line of his: "I am British and we must certainly say AMASING" and his reply later "You all suck". Well maybe Sean Connery says Amasing but it is AmUsing to me...
  Rayshe

Novice Member

12/28/12 8:19:33 PM#32

I dont think it would come back. I am a Warhammer player too (Wood Elf Pride) however i dont feel that the game is Warhammer. This is a IP that could become one hell of a Sandbox title. If you actually made the races with their own home cities and no alliances unless things naturally go that way. i would like to play a Wood Elf as they are written, Leave us alone we will leave you alone. Not Wait they are human/elf we must run to their beck and call.

In short, No unless the game is released as a sandbox with me  being able to scream at people to stay out of my forest.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Dony07

Advanced Member

12/28/12 8:26:58 PM#33

Yes i would certainly come back to WAR if they switch to B2P or F2P.

I loved the PVP in WAR and had lots of fun at keeps sieges.

Gorwe

Elite Member

12/28/12 8:50:51 PM#34
Originally posted by Rayshe

I dont think it would come back. I am a Warhammer player too (Wood Elf Pride) however i dont feel that the game is Warhammer. This is a IP that could become one hell of a Sandbox title. If you actually made the races with their own home cities and no alliances unless things naturally go that way. i would like to play a Wood Elf as they are written, Leave us alone we will leave you alone. Not Wait they are human/elf we must run to their beck and call.

In short, No unless the game is released as a sandbox with me  being able to scream at people to stay out of my forest.

Well yes. Although your and our nations share common ancestry those days are long gone. You stayed in Elthin Arvan(I think it is Elthin...-and don't say Athel!) and we stayed on Ulthuan. Unfortunately, you become far too savage. Shame. :D :P

Really now, it really has awesome sandbox values. That's why I am advocating TES Like Warhammer game(or sandbox MMO). Imagine being a lowly stable boy in Ellyrion for a year in game. Then, idk-let's be generic, Druchii come. Lord is killed and someone must Rally the troops/citizens. You, seeing how you Already lost your job(not working for someone who prays to Khaine tyvm!), figure that you have nothing to lose and you take that mantle upon yourself. After a month(?) fighting the Druchii, you emerge victorious with, let's say, 37% casualties(Druchii had 82%). You are then promoted to the Lord of your county and can begin training for elite Ellyrian Reaver(!). Of course, you could've just easily hid in the City and let someone else take the mantle. You could become then-a Spearman! Lol!

There are countless such stories in Warhammer. TES Like Warhammer or Sandbox Warhammer would be awesome I tell you that...

Or as I put it once, by paraphrasing another Game's catchphrase(you'll recognise it in a giffy!):

"The greatest Warhammer story never told! Yours..."->one hell of a catchphrase!

anthonypena

Novice Member

12/28/12 8:59:56 PM#35
Hell yeah!  somthing about war is just epic fun especially when it did have a pop, and the pvp omg  love it(:! their is so much lore with warhammer allot more can be done content wise game cant die know! o no :(
  TheCrow2k

Novice Member

12/28/12 9:14:57 PM#36
Originally posted by PsyMike3d

If Warhammer Online goes f2p or b2p will you come back? 

I have to say that the only reason i stopped playing was the low population! I still hope they will follow the common sense....

No thanks. Low population is what turned me away after I went back but developer lies and denials are what drove me away initially and  their attitudes have not really changed at all in that regard.

Saying game mechanics are working as intended when the community clearly proves they are not working at all with evidence repeatedly and then locking threads and threatening people is a great way to drive your game into the toilet which is exactly what they did.

ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

Zombie - Dead but still moving.

12/28/12 9:25:15 PM#37
Originally posted by TheCrow2k

Saying game mechanics are working as intended when the community clearly proves they are not working at all with evidence repeatedly and then locking threads and threatening people is a great way to drive your game into the toilet which is exactly what they did.

The dreaded "working as intended" scenario.  I didn't know WAR had that happen, but I never followed it that closely.

MSOTSG with PPE : Massively Single-player Online Task-driven Storyline Game with Purchasable Performance Enhancements *grin*

Foncl

Apprentice Member

12/28/12 9:46:05 PM#38

No, but if they made the game run as smooth as WoW I would pay a subscription to play it. Warhammer was alot of fun for awhile but the awful performance of the game with desynching etc made me leave.

I get sad thinking about it because I'm convinced WAR with a great game engine would have held alot of subscribers. With those resources, years of development and some big budget expansions the game could have been awesome right now.

Hokie

Hard Core Member

Hey Devs, just so you know. The more you give us to play with, the more we play.

12/28/12 9:49:27 PM#39

B2P Absolutley 100% without a doubt. Like others have said, "This games holds some of my fondest memories of PvP ever." I'd want my old account back though. Only game Ive ever played and had my account deleted to save/make space. Only collecters edition of any game that I truely cherish too.

As F2P I doubt it. It already had this kind of f'd up cash shop. And I'd doubt they'd make it better.

I kept this games 20ish gigs on my hard drive for 3+ years hoping beyond hope they would clean it up. And they did, came back and thats when I found out about my account.

I miss my Sorc and Blorc, my Zealot (1st and only healer that I enjoyed playing), I miss the Dark Elf story line. God these guys are fucking evil. I miss the Tome of Knowladge, I miss all the funky titles you could earn, I miss the plungers, I miss the hidden unlocks, I miss my engineer, and my White Lion, I miss morales, and slotting tactics, (this game still has more depth than any new MMO released), I miss my guild, and the friends I made.

I could go on, and I would except Im getting sad.

To put it in perpective, this is what I miss from WoW.

I miss my friends, I miss when the game was fun and not a progression-bar grind.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

lindhsky

Novice Member

12/28/12 10:01:53 PM#40

If they do the following and more people came back I would:

- Give renown only if you kill other players. Don't give it to players taking empty keeps and objectives. The more keeps one side have the more renown they get. Just to make sure people take the keeps. Give the same bonus to players defending or taking a keep if they kill opponents.  

- Gear balance. Don't let it be too huge difference in the different tiers of gear. New players won't stay if the highranked can kill them easily without tactic just because they are geared well.  

- Not sure if they did this, but balance the guard/brightwizard AOE combo, with a warriorpriest healing the whole group like crazy standing out of sight. Same goes with the chaos version of it of course. It was ridocolous how fast masses of enemies went down when you had a few of that combos in a group/raid.

- A third faction would be cool, but quite hard to achieve now I assume.

- Lower the number of frontiers. We want war and the fewer frontiers the more action.

- Put in a few more classes so that old and new players have something to look forward to leveling up. And while doing this don't go the DAOC-way of overpowering new classes to make more people want to play them.  

My Own Browsergame:

http://www.heroesoftheclan.com/

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search