Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Swordsman | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,687 Users Online:0
Games:721  Posts:6,188,986
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » How many people thought order were more OP than Descruction?

11 posts found
  StandardPhil

Novice Member

OP  9/16/08 1:44:07 AM#1

in my view from playing open beta order had a slighty better advantage in the pvp zones. perhaps its because i was onnly lvl 7 and wasnt fighting with all my heart coz i was having so much fun.

what does everyone else reckon?!

Mors-Subita

Advanced Member

9/16/08 1:47:25 AM#2

Order is definitely overpowered. A good ironbreaker will outdamage every DPS class in the game. With a healer backing him he is also next to impossible to kill. Runepriests have such a stupid amount of survivability it is crazy.

Engineers are extremely powerful with all the changes that went in right before OB... And the shadow warrior is still the only class I can solo PQs with...

That being said, I AM playing a marauder on destruction. ;)

Arcken

Apprentice Member

Lets face it, MMOs today are turning into single player console games with a chat box included.

9/16/08 1:48:19 AM#3

I think the victories go to those guilds who have years of experience in other pvp venues. In OB, when I did random RvR we on the destruction team usually got hammered. However when my guildies and I formed our own group, we demolished Order with impunity.

Target calling and good leadership are key.

Kruniac2

Novice Member

9/16/08 7:51:18 AM#4
Originally posted by Mors-Subita

Order is definitely overpowered. A good ironbreaker will outdamage every DPS class in the game. With a healer backing him he is also next to impossible to kill. Runepriests have such a stupid amount of survivability it is crazy.

Engineers are extremely powerful with all the changes that went in right before OB... And the shadow warrior is still the only class I can solo PQs with...

Dont even get me started on F'ing Runepriests. Insanity.

Every time I RvRed (and I got a few kills, mind you, but still) it went like this...

-----------

I see an elf with a big fricken sword. Doesnt look too armored, thats a twohanded sword, must be some kind of DPS guy. Nuke/Tank him=he cant die.

Wow. Elves are beefy. Next lesson.

Oh look! A Dwarf with a stick! Surely he must be a healer, caster, or something without good armor! I'll just nuke/tank him. Oh wow! He cant die!

Yeah. Seeing a pattern.

Golly gee whiz! A Bright Wizard! I know he has to have low armor, and will fall in a few blows! He IS a caster, after all, with rather high nuking abilities! Hrm. I'm rooted with Circle, and I just got hit 3982 times without it breaker. I thought it was a 50% break chance?

Yeah. BW root is NOT a 50% chance, no matter what anyone tells you. That, and they have fricken obscene HP. Tanks should be able to handle a ranged DPS in melee, no questions. They cannot. They get massacred. In fact, Tanks (in PvP) seem to exist solely to sneak around and get in cheap shots, since the Chosen, at least, cannot tank for shit. Can I buff/debuff? Yes. Can I get some nice hits in? Yes. Can I take hits? Hell no.

Oh looky there! A Battle Priest. He looks scary, but he's a healer, and therefore cant take sustained blows from a tank! I'll get him. Oh wait! He cant die! He just soloed a tank, for no fucking reason! Golly..

Yep.

Order most certainly got a little bit of favor.

Plaidpants

Novice Member

9/16/08 12:01:54 PM#5

Well that's your fault for not realizing a swordmaster is a tank....

Also - all healers (both factions) are hard as crap to take down. I couldn't take down a DoK or shaman my level if my life depended on it on my SM. Healers > non super offensive tanks.

And BW aren't broken - I've fought sorc and owned them even when getting rooted - but I've also played a black orc and owned BW.

vala2008

Novice Member

Warhammer Offline: Age of Registration

9/16/08 1:35:11 PM#6

I played a gobbo shammy in ob and wasnt easily taken down. that is for all healers because they  can heal. I played a lot of empire in ob and was totally dominated by destrution most of the time. order, elven was fairly even.

I really dont think you can say anything is over powered or underpowered after seven levels of an open beta. I played many classes up to level 10 and found the sides to be fairly even and equal with destruction putting out more damage overal than order (30% damage from shaman over the Archmage and 30% damage from the Black Orc of the swordmaster...although this damage was off set with more survival on order side).

In fact i really dont think any of us can say speak of OP of UP as we couldnt level past 20 in ob and you cant really see the classes until end lvl.

Its my opinion that no matter what class you play you should have equal change against any type of opponent is not paper- scissor - stone where tankers always should win agains mages or dpers always should win agains a healer class...everyone should have the abiliy to defeat their opponent if they pull out the right amount of skill and use the right abilities at the right time.

If your relying on your class to win then thats just pathetic really.

Douhk

Novice Member

9/16/08 1:39:37 PM#7

I am wanting to play a marauder as well, but I need to see some fixes on the power of tanks (especially the ironbreaker, geesh, I could kill anything I saw without getting a dent with that thing) and healers (archmage seems way too powerful and the zealot, for the most part, seems ok).

Warrior Priests, Archmages, Bright Wizards, Ironbreakers... I'm finding all these guys ridiculously OP compared to their mirror classes. Then again, playing Order has to deal with the bs that is 1 vs. 2 so at least it isn't absolutely dreadful. Maybe helps control allegiances a little bit, not much, but at least it has a pro to classes being OP or UP.

If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

darkraptor

Novice Member

9/17/08 12:06:42 AM#8
Originally posted by Plaidpants

Well that's your fault for not realizing a swordmaster is a tank....

Also - all healers (both factions) are hard as crap to take down. I couldn't take down a DoK or shaman my level if my life depended on it on my SM. Healers > non super offensive tanks.

And BW aren't broken - I've fought sorc and owned them even when getting rooted - but I've also played a black orc and owned BW.

Just wondering, what level are you guys that it's hard to take down healers?

I'm wondering how the game will flesh out at max level.

/rant

Plaidpants

Novice Member

9/17/08 9:10:40 AM#9
Originally posted by Douhk

I am wanting to play a marauder as well, but I need to see some fixes on the power of tanks (especially the ironbreaker, geesh, I could kill anything I saw without getting a dent with that thing) and healers (archmage seems way too powerful and the zealot, for the most part, seems ok).

Warrior Priests, Archmages, Bright Wizards, Ironbreakers... I'm finding all these guys ridiculously OP compared to their mirror classes. Then again, playing Order has to deal with the bs that is 1 vs. 2 so at least it isn't absolutely dreadful. Maybe helps control allegiances a little bit, not much, but at least it has a pro to classes being OP or UP.

No not at all - zealots are hard as crap to take down... as hard as any order - you just haven't played played both sides.

Ironbreakers don't have a mirror class in the game.

Warrior Priest is more defensive than DoK that's why it may seem OP'd - but DoK can hit harder.

BW/sorc? Not sure how you can say that since they're the most identical mirror classes in the game. I got torched by sorcs as hard as I did BW.

And Archmage/shaman - pretty equal. You can't take down a decent level 9-11 shaman in tier 1 alone usually.

Soki123

Hard Core Member

9/17/08 9:15:10 AM#10

Just curios , i play a Marauder as well and i ve met a RP and IB by myself. Why would anyone fight the IB with a healer backing him up. Switch to monst mutation, silence healer, then to brutality and you can kill and even RP in no time. Sure the IB will be there waiting but then hit charge and bail :)

Cloudink

Novice Member

WAAAAAAGH!

9/17/08 9:21:44 AM#11

This is pretty pathetic, Order is not OP neither is Destruction. It is about how you play the game. I Played a DoK and people thought i was OP, i played a WP and people thought i was op, Sorc OP, BW OP, WE OP, WH,OP, AM OP,Mar OP.....  Train your RVR Points buy the armor and know how to use your skills right it is as simple as that. 

"It''s like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
--Exar_Kun on SWG''s NGE

I once prayed to God for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

"Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul."
-Tycho