Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,339 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,974
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » So what class do you think is underpowered then?

14 posts found
  syntax.error

Advanced Member

C64 Cracked Warez Intros FTW

OP  9/14/08 10:51:26 AM#1

With all this talk about overpowered classes, what classes do you think that are underpowered?

Pludd

Novice Member

9/14/08 8:30:11 PM#2

I thought the cultivator was a bit underpowered.  Might just be me, though.

Jetrpg

Novice Member

9/14/08 8:33:37 PM#3

Archmage , they heal ok but their dps is weaks.

chosen could use a boost , they had a few abilities that were broke and op (for a patch or two) for they got rid of them and now they seem a bit weak.

Squig hunters can be strong or weak it all depends but they dps is a bit low (i think they pick up later but off the bat).

engi/magus are sad i feel. Problem get better at high level again but it kinda sucks getting there.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

butters88

Novice Member

9/14/08 8:48:30 PM#4

Judging by what I experienced, I'd say the Squig Herder and the Magus were probably the most underpowered. Not that they weren't fun to play, they just did not do very much dmg at all. Survivability wasn't very good either on both of them. But there's alot of complaints being made about these 2 classes so we'll see what happens.

Douhk

Novice Member

9/14/08 8:55:32 PM#5

Sadly, the swordmaster. I say "sadly" in my circumstance because that seemed like the one tank class I could actually enjoy. But when testing out an ironbreaker and then the chosen, it was very clear that the swordmaster is in very bad shape compared to the other tanks (or better worded, the two tanks are far too powerful and the swordmaster is far too underpowered).

I'd also say the shadow warrior is, again, sadly underpowered. Yet another class I wanted to play that seems to not really function well at all. Compared to a bright wizard there really is no point in playing the sw other then because they look kickass.

If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

cooms

Novice Member

9/14/08 8:57:53 PM#6

I LOVED THE SWORD MASTER!!!

they are just like black orcs! i destroy people with the DoT sword attacks they have. I love the balance/perfect balance stuff. Ill be playing one on live.

EDIT: also Order ftw

link35

Novice Member

9/14/08 9:17:32 PM#7
Originally posted by Jetrpg

Archmage , they heal ok but their dps is weaks.

chosen could use a boost , they had a few abilities that were broke and op (for a patch or two) for they got rid of them and now they seem a bit weak.

Squig hunters can be strong or weak it all depends but they dps is a bit low (i think they pick up later but off the bat).

engi/magus are sad i feel. Problem get better at high level again but it kinda sucks getting there.

I don't know what you're talking about I thought the archmage was awsome on both healing and dps specially in pve, I would actually sometimes end up tanking the Hero monsters from PQs instead of actual tanks and would live because of my heals with almost no problem.  And also I tried the engineer and I thought it was ok, didn't have much dps compared to say the BW but that's because the engineer is supposed to be a deffensive/utility range dps class unlike the BW which is supposed to just straight up dps.

Senjinn

Novice Member

9/14/08 9:19:14 PM#8

Shadow warrior and Magus were the 2 i played that seemed really underpowered. I didn't get to try Squig herder but heard they were bad and didn't see many people playing them.

Theutus

Apprentice Member

Achiever 33.33%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 80.00%, Socializer 13.33%

9/14/08 9:21:59 PM#9

As a solo R10 Archmage I could take RvR points ... as long as no real players showed, dunno about other classes doing that since I didn't try...

Hokuspokus

Novice Member

Madness has no purpose or reason but it may have a goal ~ Spock, The Alternative Factor

9/16/08 6:30:11 AM#10

I've tried mostly all of the class'es.. I dont agree on the engi.. It's one of the class'es i got most kills with RvR. I'ts all about what gameplay you like ~ assault, ranged etc. Hard part is to place one self in the RvR situations.. RvR i had to say --> Archmage for me as well, tho heals = counts as points if i remember correctly.

star

Guild Wars 2 Guild Leader

Deliciously Trashy

9/16/08 6:31:51 AM#11

Magus.

They're in a really sorry state right now :(

Ghist

Novice Member

Paid MMORPG subscriptions are the ONLY valid rating meters because people have to pay to vote."

9/16/08 11:09:28 AM#12

As weird as this sounds, the Engineer is in good shape.  The Squig Herder is a bit underpowered.

Waiting for the next thing

Dhaeman

Advanced Member

9/16/08 10:05:02 PM#13

Isn't it a little too early to tell though? Things will likely change by rank 40 as classes earn new skills...

Adnox

Warhammer Online Correspondent

Don't worry they will stop attacking when you die.

10/26/08 12:10:10 AM#14

I think at higher ranks the Sword Master is rather underpowered. It is ok for dealing damage until about rank 28 then the only thing they are good for is taking damage. I have heard a lot of complaints from the other 32+ SM that ended up re-rolling to an Iron Breaker because the SM was useless against Destruction.