Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,776,884 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,191,739
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » So open beta just ended , your verdict is ?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
94 posts found
  Tokken

Advanced Member

"Game making is a business not a charity."

9/15/08 9:04:24 PM#81

fresh game. same ole song and dance.... the melting pot of new games.

Tambourine

Novice Member

9/16/08 12:55:31 AM#82

I have fun playing it.

Maulzu

Novice Member

9/16/08 1:00:35 AM#83
Originally posted by Pludd

WAR is the game that every other PVP game from the past few years wanted to be - high pressure PVP action at its very finest.  It is a lot more besides but that is just icing on the cake.  Congrats Mythic on a superb game!

I had to login just to LOL. This is priceless!!!!

Lewkas

Novice Member

9/16/08 1:44:14 AM#84

Love the game so far. Sad to leave DAoC, but way excited for WAR. Open Beta was great.

Lewk- Healer of Legacy Gareth
McDee- Spiritmaster of Maelstrom Percival
Murgu- Skald of Mordred

User Deleted
9/16/08 6:39:46 AM#85

The game sucks, I would have more fun playing a super nintendo game and have better graphics then

This piece of crap. 

War may of been a good game 7 years ago. its really behind time.

darkraptor

Novice Member

9/17/08 12:27:53 AM#86
Originally posted by angelsfang
Originally posted by wh0astar
Originally posted by Warblaze
Originally posted by wh0astar
Originally posted by Warblaze

Unfortunately, i didn't like it at all.   I experienced a lot of animation glitches, the graphics didn't look good at all (even on highest settings), the combat was clunky and boring, and apart from the big sights the maps were nothing to write home about, boring even.   I encountered places with more then 5 different mobs all sharing a small location on the map, which made me feel as if i was playing one of those free asian grinders. It just felt so... random.   If i must describe my experience with warhammer in one word it would be:  annoying.

Ok, go back to Angels Online.

Nah, i'm just gonna continue what i'm doing now... waiting for a game that will actually bring us something new and original My hopes are on Fallen Earth and Darkfall, but only time will tell.   kkthxbb.

Actually I find you annoying.  Having a go at someone because ... *gasp*...  he posted his opinion on a message board.  Ironically you can't find the conscience badmouthing a game, but you have no problem badmouthing a person who dislikes a game you enjoy. 

And I find you ignorant. Go wait for Darkfall like the china guy (fyi he gives it away because nobody other than wow players and china grind players will type kkthxbb...it's a dead giveaway). This is coming from someone who has done so, as you note I played a ridiculous amount of Flyff back in the day as a break from Wow.

The guy posted basically saying "this is like a Chinese mmo" with little to no explanation as to why. Saying the graphics are blocky means either a: he was playing on linux (which has known animation problems), or b: he's expecting to watch the game play out in FMV. I was just waiting for him to go as far as bias such as "it's too much like world of warcraft" just because it's a fantasy game.

Reasonable comments, complaints that are well thought out and explained we would all welcome and accept as "okay, maybe this game isn't so great". You know, this board is watched by people from warhammer and if someone had a well reasoned complaint of a problem I wouldn't be surprised if the devs actually listened.

So far, all I see on the negatives are the "OMFG MY CLASS CANNOT PWN EVERYONE" and "I hate this" (with no logical explanation).  I would not even remotely consider those opinions as valid. As noted by our Mandy above us who felt the need to post it in purple, in addition.

/rant

darkraptor

Novice Member

9/17/08 12:32:11 AM#87
Originally posted by Thillian

I say the game is a mess. Open RvR will be entertaining for only a short time. There's no thrill of the battle, because players have nothing to lose. It's a mindless grind of scenerios and public quests. There's no freedom of choice, there's no dynamic settings except for the resettable keeps.

So are you saying you even played the game, or just saying you don't like it? Public quests sound awesome, and what about just "normal" quests, you seemed to miss that too. That, and crafts, and I don't know, the whole game?

Also what about the fact that you get kill/quest credit even when you don't currently have the quest? Thus you can talk to the questgiver later and just turn it in?

I'd like you to note games like eve, where nonstop PVP is basically the entire game, and yet they have probably the most loyal fanbase I have ever seen.

Clearly you represent the pinnacle in well detailed and thought out reviews for games.

/rant

IIRL

Novice Member

9/18/08 6:30:56 AM#88
Originally posted by darkraptor

And I find you ignorant. Go wait for Darkfall like the china guy (fyi he gives it away because nobody other than wow players and china grind players will type kkthxbb...it's a dead giveaway). This is coming from someone who has done so, as you note I played a ridiculous amount of Flyff back in the day as a break from Wow.

The guy posted basically saying "this is like a Chinese mmo" with little to no explanation as to why. Saying the graphics are blocky means either a: he was playing on linux (which has known animation problems), or b: he's expecting to watch the game play out in FMV. I was just waiting for him to go as far as bias such as "it's too much like world of warcraft" just because it's a fantasy game.

Reasonable comments, complaints that are well thought out and explained we would all welcome and accept as "okay, maybe this game isn't so great". You know, this board is watched by people from warhammer and if someone had a well reasoned complaint of a problem I wouldn't be surprised if the devs actually listened.

So far, all I see on the negatives are the "OMFG MY CLASS CANNOT PWN EVERYONE" and "I hate this" (with no logical explanation).  I would not even remotely consider those opinions as valid. As noted by our Mandy above us who felt the need to post it in purple, in addition.

i've seen many valid posts here pointing in the direction of War being not so good.

I know you don't have any high expectations/standards of games, given you've been playing Flyff for over 300 hours, so War might just be an awesome game for you.

There's really no hope for MMORPG's anymore, Darkfall will probaly be released but in the same state as DnL (hopes not though). Asian grindfests keeps on being cloned over and over. And instanced, linear, multi-player games qualifying as MMORPG's becoming the mold.

I CREATED MYSELF!
<3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

dippitydodah

Novice Member

9/18/08 2:52:49 PM#89
Originally posted by IIRL

i've seen many valid posts here pointing in the direction of War being not so good.

I know you don't have any high expectations/standards of games, given you've been playing Flyff for over 300 hours, so War might just be an awesome game for you.

There's really no hope for MMORPG's anymore, Darkfall will probaly be released but in the same state as DnL (hopes not though). Asian grindfests keeps on being cloned over and over. And instanced, linear, multi-player games qualifying as MMORPG's becoming the mold.

Truth right here.  

I honestly don't believe games were meant to work this way, it would be like a movie that never ends and you expect it to always be good.  The entire human condition is based off of overcoming adversity, and evolution of a person or character through that triumph.  A story has a begining, rising action, climax , falling action and end.   Long running TV series's run into the problem of stretching a plotline out over years as well, which is why all older shows were episodic with a completeness to each episode.

An mmo of any sort, has a snapshot in time where nothing can change,  the hook is that they keep resetting the bar of power so your character becomes weak over and over through xpacks and new gear updates so that you get the feeling of accomplishment. 

In the end a story without an end, and a story without a character's true impact on the world lacks any value whatsoever, and there in lies why it's so hard to develop a good game for.  Because in the end a neverending story is not a story at all and a character's life that has no impact upon it's world (such ass killing a huge boss and having it appear in the world again an hour later for someone else to kill ect) is no life at all as well.  

The model doesn't fit into the human dynamic, but our need to escape from the boring mundaneness of the modern world has created a market for another world,  one way or another sometime along the line that world might get created, but prolly not any time in the next 20 years.

User Deleted
4/10/11 12:47:09 AM#90

I firmly believe deep down in my heart of hearts that Warhammer Online will kill the World...of Warcraft.

twodayslate

Apprentice Member

4/10/11 12:49:07 AM#91

Comedy!

lethys

Novice Member

4/10/11 12:53:27 AM#92

Amazing.

pupurun

Advanced Member

4/10/11 10:58:49 AM#93

Grand!