Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,340 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,700
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » So open beta just ended , your verdict is ?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
94 posts found
  hercules

Advanced Member

9/14/08 5:47:34 AM#41

Ok i risk having egg in my face in the future but i have to say i think WAR will be the biggest thing since WoW.

Apart from fact that it is a fun mmorpg it has done something which no mmorpg since DAoC has done.Fun pvp!

Dyscal

Novice Member

9/14/08 5:56:40 AM#42

i hate to say it but yes i got caught up in the lack of pve ... then i decided to JUST pve a toon from 1-10. and it was about the same as wow.. i was pleasantly surprised... the PQs were probably my favourite part . if i have taken anything away from warhammer its that i hope new developers will implement PQs in there games. it added a lot of content. brought people together in a way they were like mini instances with phat loot and bosses at the end.. yes they got a little boring after a little while but lets be honest what dungeon doesnt. and theres tons and tons of PQs . ill be trying the game come preorder head start if anything... to just see what the game has to offer after 20.

Zoulz

Novice Member

9/14/08 6:00:29 AM#43
Originally posted by Dyscal

i hate to say it but yes i got caught up in the lack of pve ... then i decided to JUST pve a toon from 1-10. and it was about the same as wow.. i was pleasantly surprised... the PQs were probably my favourite part . if i have taken anything away from warhammer its that i hope new developers will implement PQs in there games. it added a lot of content. brought people together in a way they were like mini instances with phat loot and bosses at the end.. yes they got a little boring after a little while but lets be honest what dungeon doesnt. and theres tons and tons of PQs . ill be trying the game come preorder head start if anything... to just see what the game has to offer after 20.

I share your views on the game too. I will probably end up playing WotLK in the end anyway. Nothing wrong with that, but I do enjoy the warhammer universe more than warcraft. I hope blizzard steals the PQ idea and implements it into WoW.

maddbomber83

Novice Member

9/14/08 10:15:38 AM#44

I will be playing too!

I just wish they would add a NPC element to PQs.  I know that sounds stupid, but the thing I love about this game is how accessible everything is.  I mean, just hit a button ANYWHERE and you will be in RvR in no time.  Run up to a PQ spot and you have a group!

But. . .  Some of the out of way PQs did not have enough people in the area to do.  It would be nice if they either had NPCs on your side that would scale to the number of real players there, or if the PQ difficulty scaled to the number of players.

Either way or neither, I had fun and will be playing come SE HS.

Darkz0r

Novice Member

9/14/08 10:59:14 AM#45

I only got to rank 9 since it took me AGES to download from fileplanet (damn queues), but it's pretty cool.

If I was playing a more solo friendly class, I'd probably got to level 10 and died less...lol.

The game is pretty cool though, I give it 3-6 months of interesting things (casual play). WoW lasted less for me (but I played 24x7 on release, so...)

Soultice

Novice Member

9/14/08 11:26:10 AM#46

Being the pessimist that I am, after the first preview weekend and the post from Mark, I said no way they can deliver on the post.

Well I was surprised when I logged in the next week and the Dev's delivered.  True the "Cannot attack bug" was in game and fixed a couple of days later.

I will be there!  An engineer on Order side and DOK on Destruction. 

I would also like to thank all those closed beta testers that helped shape the game.  The Dev's and Mark for actualy delivering a great game.

I am no longer the pessimist with Mythic!!

Theocritus

Apprentice Member

9/14/08 11:28:49 AM#47
Originally posted by Darkz0r

I only got to rank 9 since it took me AGES to download from fileplanet (damn queues), but it's pretty cool.

If I was playing a more solo friendly class, I'd probably got to level 10 and died less...lol.

The game is pretty cool though, I give it 3-6 months of interesting things (casual play). WoW lasted less for me (but I played 24x7 on release, so...)

At least you got in...I waited 12 hours to get into the queue then got a corrupted file after the download finished...oh well I didnt want to play in beta anyway ;(

nightphantom

Novice Member

Bleh, MMORPG''s are getting bland, we need to liven them up.

9/14/08 11:34:57 AM#48

I didn't find the game enjoyable at all actually.

I found the combat dull and boring, while the PvP and RvR was the only thing that mildly entertained me. I still feel that the game is boring. Maybe I've been playing RTS's and FPS's for too long, and the slow combat of an MMORPG isn't for me anymore, but i still find it boring.

Now I get to watch as fanbois flame me. Fun.

User Deleted
9/14/08 12:17:26 PM#49
Originally posted by WOTDOUPLAY
Originally posted by solareus

Good production. Though as almost anyone knows , I'm a LotRO fan and WAR "for me" just doesnt compare to the story as well as the role I have in Middle Earth :)

Have fun dude !!!!!

i playd lotro, it was so boaring and empty.

Have fun killing npc's and good luck in PV[m]P

if lotro had real pvp, i would be all for it!!!! but yea....

I think when I played pvp games for  5 years prior to LotRO Launch, PVP is not  "new" and when I pick a pvp game I will pick one that truly represents the genre, like someone else said "Darkfall" does.For me, PVE content is new, and I was lucky enough to pick the greatest PVE game to introduce myself to the genre.

For people new to pvp arena , WAR is probably a good cushion game to get into it. HAve fun !

Most of mmorpg players are addicts, when anything new comes out people get addicted, it is a very fine line to realize if your addicted or actually like a game. Do you feel anxiety  when you aren't playing a game, that is a good sign your addicted.

Makurosu

Novice Member

9/14/08 2:32:43 PM#50

I'm not sure what the long term will be like for this game, but I'm having a lot of fun in it for the short term.  I'm probably going to be subscribing at least until WOTLK comes out.  I've had my fill of the Burning Crusade and will be taking a break until then.  If the game is still fun by then, I may just cancel my pre-order for WOTLK.  

With the limited time I've spent playing WAR, it's by far the most of the various new MMOs I've tried in the last couple of years.  And the first since subbing to WoW that I'm seriously considering making my new MMO home.  

gorecki

Novice Member

9/14/08 2:42:39 PM#51

As one of the posters on page 1 said...stale and boring.

Really crippled by boring "watch tv while you spam a button" combat, with poor animations and no real feeling of a fight.  Also, far too easy, no atmosphere of danger or challenge.  And, I really don't want to do a super-fast progression to 40 only to be stuck in battlegrounds (er, scenarios) and a few city raids.

WAR will hang on for quite a while though, because it really is the only major MMO since WoW to be reasonably attractive (largely b/c it borrows so much from WoW, though that may be unavoidable for any game now).  I think alot of these OMG BEST MMO EVER comments are a result of so many people being so starved for SOMETHING ELSE that doesn't suck completely.  I expect much of that to wear off in the coming year, since there is really little here to keep people around.

Overall, a 6/10 at best.  A good time-killer MMO for people who only have a few minutes a day to log on and beat on things.  A refinement of the "super-easy, super-fast" Western MMO paradigm.  It will be popular enough to ensure years of support and enhancements, so it is a good bet if you are really starved for something new.

Personally, I canceled my pre-order, as I had to really force myself to play it at all.

Grrl

Advanced Member

I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

9/14/08 2:45:46 PM#52
Originally posted by angelsfang
Originally posted by wh0astar
Originally posted by Warblaze

Unfortunately, i didn't like it at all.   I experienced a lot of animation glitches, the graphics didn't look good at all (even on highest settings), the combat was clunky and boring, and apart from the big sights the maps were nothing to write home about, boring even.   I encountered places with more then 5 different mobs all sharing a small location on the map, which made me feel as if i was playing one of those free asian grinders. It just felt so... random.   If i must describe my experience with warhammer in one word it would be:  annoying.

Ok, go back to Angels Online.

Nah, i'm just gonna continue what i'm doing now... waiting for a game that will actually bring us something new and original My hopes are on Fallen Earth and Darkfall, but only time will tell.   kkthxbb.

Yes, only time will tell, indeed. But I can guarantee you that you are one of the posters who always find something negative in each mmorg - especially Darkfall and Fallen Earth after you give it a try ;] I don't like people like you.

I couldn't have that on my conscience badmouthing a game. I always enjoy a game that I find the most pros against cons.. The cons itself can be merely fixed, so it's a win-win situation, you know? Did it make you feel cool badmouthing a game that developers have invested their time, their lives, their money, their creativity, their humor into these games and people like you have to say something moronic about it? Why can't you appreciate games? If you find something wrong with it; send a note to a bug report or feedback. Simple, no? If you wanted to write a review on this game then do it in proper grammar, mannerism and maturity.

You know what? I find you in one word too: Annoying.

Actually I find you annoying.  Having a go at someone because ... *gasp*...  he posted his opinion on a message board.  Ironically you can't find the conscience badmouthing a game, but you have no problem badmouthing a person who dislikes a game you enjoy. 

No, he thought he posted a fact. You can't read his words, can you? Figures.

No problem badmouthing  a PERSON indeed. I didn't make him, thank goodness. LOL

User Deleted
9/14/08 5:03:01 PM#53
Originally posted by angelsfang

Unfortunately, i didn't like it at all.   I experienced a lot of animation glitches, the graphics didn't look good at all (even on highest settings), the combat was clunky and boring, and apart from the big sights the maps were nothing to write home about, boring even.   I encountered places with more then 5 different mobs all sharing a small location on the map, which made me feel as if i was playing one of those free asian grinders. It just felt so... random.   If i must describe my experience with warhammer in one word it would be:  annoying.

Ok, go back to Angels Online.

Nah, i'm just gonna continue what i'm doing now... waiting for a game that will actually bring us something new and original My hopes are on Fallen Earth and Darkfall, but only time will tell.   kkthxbb.

Yes, only time will tell, indeed. But I can guarantee you that you are one of the posters who always find something negative in each mmorg - especially Darkfall and Fallen Earth after you give it a try ;] I don't like people like you.

I couldn't have that on my conscience badmouthing a game. I always enjoy a game that I find the most pros against cons.. The cons itself can be merely fixed, so it's a win-win situation, you know? Did it make you feel cool badmouthing a game that developers have invested their time, their lives, their money, their creativity, their humor into these games and people like you have to say something moronic about it? Why can't you appreciate games? If you find something wrong with it; send a note to a bug report or feedback. Simple, no? If you wanted to write a review on this game then do it in proper grammar, mannerism and maturity.

You know what? I find you in one word too: Annoying.

Actually I find you annoying.  Having a go at someone because ... *gasp*...  he posted his opinion on a message board.  Ironically you can't find the conscience badmouthing a game, but you have no problem badmouthing a person who dislikes a game you enjoy. 

No, he thought he posted a fact. You can't read his words, can you? Figures.

No problem badmouthing  a PERSON indeed. I didn't make him, thank goodness. LOL

This thread was created so that people could voice their opinion about the current state of the game. I posted mine and that's it. Somehow you just can't seem to grasp the idea that it's all through the eye of the beholder, and that all statements being made here should be viewed from that perspective. 

Instead, you just go arround attacking people on a personal level because they don't agree with your views. It's just so childish.  If you can't stand to read the opinion of other people... please, do us all a favor and get the f*ck out of here. Stop de-railing this thread and let people have their say.

ceejever

Novice Member

9/14/08 5:11:19 PM#54

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. The public quests always lured me in, I loved the pvp which I normally don't. I enjoyed being able to jump in for 10-15 mins for a break from questing and enjoy myself . Only one major flaw as far as I can see it, I enjoyed all the classes way too much, picking my main is going to be very difficult. Looks like be playing order though to avoid some queue time lol. See you all in game!

butters88

Novice Member

9/14/08 7:42:03 PM#55

I loved it! I spent a year waiting for this game and feels great knowing that it was worth it. Cannot wait until Thursday!

For some reason my xfire sig didn't calculate my time played but don't worry, I assure you I was there!

eric_w66

Apprentice Member

9/14/08 9:46:34 PM#56

DAOC with a Warhammer skin.

Still a ton of bugs too, more than AoC imho at release.  Servers still going down like nobody's business, and the mail system and talisman stuff are hosed up all the time.

PvP, fun for a while, but like DAOC and Planetside, after you've retaken the keep for the 20,000th time, what's the point? WoW's BG's are the same as this, with more polish.

The Public Quests? Good fun if you have a bunch of people around. Suck when you're the only one (or one of two or three) people doing them. In other words, if you play at off times, you're hosed when it comes to getting the rewards for PQ's (sure you can grind them and get the Rally quest awards, but you're still missing a bunch of loot.

Graphics. A step backwards really. Some things look ok, some are horrible. Lack of customization is frustrating (The Clone Army effect).

Unbalanced servers: Seems like most servers are going to be Destruction dominated, and the rest Order... DAOC's RvR problems all over again. People will move from their server to one their side does better on, thus making imbalances that much worse.

If it was free, I'd play it as a diversion. At 15+ bucks a month +50 for an account, no thanks.

cynshane

Novice Member

9/14/08 9:52:31 PM#57
LOL what Open Beta did you play in, cause it wasnt the one i played in.

Originally posted by eric_w66

DAOC with a Warhammer skin.

Still a ton of bugs too, more than AoC imho at release.  Servers still going down like nobody's business, and the mail system and talisman stuff are hosed up all the time.

PvP, fun for a while, but like DAOC and Planetside, after you've retaken the keep for the 20,000th time, what's the point? WoW's BG's are the same as this, with more polish.

The Public Quests? Good fun if you have a bunch of people around. Suck when you're the only one (or one of two or three) people doing them. In other words, if you play at off times, you're hosed when it comes to getting the rewards for PQ's (sure you can grind them and get the Rally quest awards, but you're still missing a bunch of loot.

Graphics. A step backwards really. Some things look ok, some are horrible. Lack of customization is frustrating (The Clone Army effect).

Unbalanced servers: Seems like most servers are going to be Destruction dominated, and the rest Order... DAOC's RvR problems all over again. People will move from their server to one their side does better on, thus making imbalances that much worse.

If it was free, I'd play it as a diversion. At 15+ bucks a month +50 for an account, no thanks.

eric_w66

Apprentice Member

9/14/08 9:57:21 PM#58

Cynshane, refute my arguments please. Tell me where I'm wrong. Explain why.

Some are opinions, sure, some people love to retake a keep for 20,001 times, but they are a tiny minority (See DAOC's subscription numbers).

Etc...

Mombo

Novice Member

9/14/08 10:01:07 PM#59

Well I have been looking forward to this and AoC for well over a year and now that I have been able to test both of them a bit.  I think I prefer AoC a whole lot more for pvp and just all around playing.  My favorite thing of course being pvp through out the entire game. 

Some how the RvR system seemed to much more glorious then it really was and was left wanting on that.  Where as AoC is just pure destruction all the time which can be annoying but keeps me playing because you never know what the hell is gonna happen.

So for me I think I am gonna play my head start as one of the races I didnt get up to 20 and give it one more go and prob head back over to AoC which seems to be much more fun..... Even with the $hit ton of bugs and nerfs that come and go and come and go....really for my class :(

Abrahmm

Novice Member

9/14/08 10:10:53 PM#60
Originally posted by gan3f

all these people complaing about PVE and havnt got their toon past 20.........................

name a game at lvl 5-10 that you had super awsome PVE content/dungeons. 

nothing more really needs to be said about those people. Also iam guessing most of you havn't even checked out the 15+ dungeon or even tried to check the pve content out.  Just blindly posting what you have seen at lvl 1-10.

Much like the "OMG BEST MMO EVA!" people i'd bet.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search