Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Hearthstone | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,880 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,445
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
86 posts found

Novice Member

9/14/08 3:08:37 AM#61

Haha I had so much fun in beta with my rune priest spam insta heal on my self, made so many tanks furious.

DAS1337

Advanced Member

9/14/08 3:36:12 AM#62
Originally posted by Kruniac2

8 Chosen against a 9 Healer, I had latest gear available, used taunt, teeth, etc.

...Spam healed himself. I didnt have a chance. Imbalanced.

So, you faught someone of a higher level?  Who's to say they didn't have good gear too? I know my 13 WP has 3 blues, and only renown rank 9 gear, actually all of my gear is better than the rank 10 and 11 stuff too.  I never die.  Not in a 1v1, not in open RvR.  The only time I ever die is in scenarios.. and scenarios are for the weak.

I guess I'm not making a good case for healers though.. hehe

Kailash

Novice Member

Anybody need a towel!?!

South Park, Mr.Towely

9/14/08 10:02:29 AM#63

8 Chosen against a 9 Healer, I had latest gear available, used taunt, teeth, etc.

How many freakin times this shit has to be said...THIS GAME IS BASED AROUND GROUP PVP NOT 1 vs 1 now stfu about nerfs. Half of the douche bags complaining are peeps that havent even got to freakin T2...jesus

O and besides NO tank should be able to kill a skilled healer. You are not suppose to do high DPS. So dont even think u can out DPS a healers heals.

Part of AOC's failing was because they listened to tards that called out nerfs WAY to much... So let the WAR team ((the professionals)) do there job.

charlizd

Novice Member

Live Life today, Because tomorrow is but a dream and yesterday only a
memory!

9/14/08 10:10:56 AM#64
Originally posted by Kailash

How many freakin times this shit has to be said...THIS GAME IS BASED AROUND GROUP PVP NOT 1 vs 1 now stfu about nerfs. Half of the douche bags complaining are peeps that havent even got to freakin T2...jesus

O and besides NO tank should be able to kill a skilled healer. You

So get a group of tanks against a group of squishy healers and they still get raped what is the difference, i can vouch for this as i had a lvl 13 Magus pitted against a lvl 9 healer and same thing got raped now i know how to play my character and yes i had T2 gear now i know that the healers need to be able to survive in game but  the healer class is a bit overpowered, im not too fussed as i decided to stay away from the Magus and roll Disciple but tat person is not the only person that has noticed it from a solo point of view and guess what when you are in an open RVR  you are not always in a group and may encounter an opposite faction along your travels so are you saying bad luck just suck it up? well i think that is a bit lame and yes A Tank should be able to kill a skilled healer and if not then what exactly is the point of the tank? A Tank is meant to be a Brickwall for all of the other squishy's and can roll pure DPS and still hold his own  we may aswell just all roll healers and master it O.o how boring. Im sorry but your 2nd last comment made me laugh hard.

Kailash

Novice Member

Anybody need a towel!?!

South Park, Mr.Towely

9/14/08 10:24:21 AM#65
Originally posted by charlizd
Originally posted by Kailash

O and besides NO tank should be able to kill a skilled healer. You

So get a group of tanks against a group of squishy healers and they still get raped what is the difference, i can vouch for this as i had a lvl 13 Magus pitted against a lvl 9 healer and same thing got raped now i know how to play my character and yes i had T2 gear now i know that the healers need to be able to survive in game but  the healer class is a bit overpowered, im not too fussed as i decided to stay away from the Magus and roll Disciple but tat person is not the only person that has noticed it from a solo point of view and guess what when you are in an open RVR  you are not always in a group and may encounter an opposite faction along your travels so are you saying bad luck just suck it up? well i think that is a bit lame and yes A Tank should be able to kill a skilled healer and if not then what exactly is the point of the tank? A Tank is meant to be a Brickwall for all of the other squishy's and can roll pure DPS and still hold his own  we may aswell just all roll healers and master it O.o how boring. Im sorry but your 2nd last comment made me laugh hard.

t3 and t4 is what counts the most and trust me healers are def not OP...there good at surviving...thats it...there damage SUCKS at higher lvls and even BWs and Sorc's out DPS there heals....also the point of a tank is to TAKE damage not give it. Its very rare to be soloing in RvR sorry dude unless your a lonewolf (which RvR doesnt catter to) why do u think all servers have RvR in the type name and not PvP...

Kailash

Novice Member

Anybody need a towel!?!

South Park, Mr.Towely

9/14/08 10:36:12 AM#66

O and BTW. The best soloing class will always naturally be DoK and WP

JonnyBigBoss

Novice Member

9/14/08 11:06:25 AM#67

You are judging an entire MMO based on the first 10 levels. Yes... that's invalid.

The fact of the matter is that melee absolutely destroy healers. Witch Hunters and Witch Elves can tear them to shreds.

Bart3054

Apprentice Member

"My name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father...prepare to die!"

9/14/08 11:10:55 AM#68

I dont know about this Healer OP belief. Pistols and raipiers made short order of the heathens. I sent thier souls back to the foul deamons that they prostituted themsleves to for the little power they have. So they can delay thier death, they cant prevent it.  -Dembers

Bah holy men not gods, have no to true power. They take much time to kill, but weapons hit like blades of grass and magicks tickle but not hurts me. Squigs bite em in arse i sticks em with pointies they dies like others just take more time, see fear in der eyes longer so its ok. -Raigar

gjsfaun

Novice Member

9/14/08 11:11:39 AM#69

I'm trying to find out how to better play the tank role in warhammer on different forums, but just haven't found the right information yet.

I'm not an expert, but did some research into this myself as I was wondering the same thing.

I've been playing a Swordmaster, so may be different for the other tanks, but some of the more experienced SMs say that our roles are to disrupt the enemy ranks.

Instead of a tank, be a wrecking ball. Toss people around with knockbacks (particularly around cliffs), get to the healers or mages or archers and harass them / take them out.

As far as staying in the back and protecting the healers - when the enemy team can just focus fire on the healer and you have no way of protecting or stopping it from happening, it's just a waste of time and ends up being a poor tactic.

Maybe counter the other tanks that are trying to roll through your ranks but it'll probably be too late to do anything about that either.

Theocritus

Apprentice Member

9/15/08 10:30:26 PM#70
Originally posted by Saekora

Even while raining utter hell down upon healers in the game with my Bright Wizard, it can be nigh impossible to kill them unless they become distracted or I get lucky and crit on all of my shots; otherwise, they simply heal themselves up fully. And the warrior priest is the worst. You can be a full-blown tank and get your ass kicked by one because they can repeatedly heal themselves.

Im sure many have al;ready pointed this out but Warhammer is not balanced for 1v1 pvp but for RVR PVP.......Youre fighting a war not a one on one encounter........Also if you truly feel one class is heavily favored then roll that class and enjoy the ride.....Just remember alot of players often go after the healer first.......

Kruniac2

Novice Member

9/16/08 8:44:22 AM#71

You guys dont get it.

TANKS are for taking damage.

Right now, a healer can take more damage than anyone, ever, period. They can spam heal themselves ftw. There is NO tank that can take more damage than a healer. That isnt balanced at ALL.

People will stop "crying" about "balance" the same day that the roles are fixed to be what they should be. Tanks might not be a DPS class, but they should simply tear up a ranged DPS or Healer in melee. They dont. The former can nuke the "damage absorber" down IN MELEE, the latter can chain heal ftw.

In other words, tanks dont have a place, just a melee DPS with less damage, more HP. A lukewarm class.

Like I said - Healers are imbalanced, because they dont keep the TEAM alive, they keep the TEAM and THEMSELVES alive, which isnt the way the game is supposed to work. Shit, if I want to make a tank, I'll make a healer. If I want to make a suicide-charger who will last a mere five seconds more than a melee DPS, I'll make a tank. That's the current situation.

Lynxeyed

Novice Member

9/16/08 8:50:26 AM#72

You guys obviously havnt played a higher level Melee DPS where you just wreck healers in under 10 seconds.

Kruniac2

Novice Member

9/16/08 8:53:31 AM#73
Originally posted by Lynxeyed

You guys obviously havnt played a higher level Melee DPS where you just wreck healers in under 10 seconds.

That has nothing to do with the fact that a TANK cannot kill a HEALER. Its a fucking HEALER. Its supposed to heal its teammates, and keep them from dying. Not SOLO a class designed to stand up to omfgwtfownage DPS classes.

Lynxeyed

Novice Member

9/16/08 8:57:16 AM#74

Tanks kill melee dps and Casters should they kill everyone?

Locklain

Novice Member

9/16/08 8:57:39 AM#75

Even at rank 12 I can destroy a healer my level or higher as a Witch Elf.  The only one that gives me a hard time are Warrior Priests, but thats because they only ever focus heal themselves anyway.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
_______
|___|
\_______/
= ||||||
=
|X| \*........*/ |X|
|X|_________|X|
You wouldn't understand

Locklain

Novice Member

9/16/08 8:59:32 AM#76

That has nothing to do with the fact that a TANK cannot kill a HEALER. Its a fucking HEALER. Its supposed to heal its teammates, and keep them from dying. Not SOLO a class designed to stand up to omfgwtfownage DPS classes.

The point is your a TANK, stay with your healer and you will be fine.  If someone even as much as aggravates the main healer they can't focus on healing their group, thus others start to die off.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
_______
|___|
\_______/
= ||||||
=
|X| \*........*/ |X|
|X|_________|X|
You wouldn't understand

Jetrpg

Novice Member

9/16/08 9:00:02 AM#77

You guys dont get it.

TANKS are for taking damage.

Right now, a healer can take more damage than anyone, ever, period. They can spam heal themselves ftw. There is NO tank that can take more damage than a healer. That isnt balanced at ALL.

People will stop "crying" about "balance" the same day that the roles are fixed to be what they should be. Tanks might not be a DPS class, but they should simply tear up a ranged DPS or Healer in melee. They dont. The former can nuke the "damage absorber" down IN MELEE, the latter can chain heal ftw.

In other words, tanks dont have a place, just a melee DPS with less damage, more HP. A lukewarm class.

Like I said - Healers are imbalanced, because they dont keep the TEAM alive, they keep the TEAM and THEMSELVES alive, which isnt the way the game is supposed to work. Shit, if I want to make a tank, I'll make a healer. If I want to make a suicide-charger who will last a mere five seconds more than a melee DPS, I'll make a tank. That's the current situation.

What you don't get is that a tank can get heals also. A tank does take a ton more damage than a healer does. You can dot , heal, group heal more than one target.

Tanks rape melee classes , as they are supposted to. Tanks>melee>healer>ranged>tanks. (even then ranged kick the .. out of healers later on).

Yeah tanks are usually the last standing in rvr, and they often get top dps (this is due to healers not healign the squishys and is not an awful idea). They suck ...  Not they rule.

"they keep the TEAM and THEMSELVES alive" , what would be the point of them if they couldn't heal. Really look at what you are saying , 'they can heal the groupz omg op'. Sorry to point out how crazy this is but really thats their job ... to heal. I will add some equally inteligent comments Its unfair that tanks can do damage and take hits; they should have no attack abilities just taunt abilities, Casters can cast nukes and buffs , why can they buff thats op and while we are at it aoes are op too you should only be able to damage one thing at a time.  There now that we have taken all abilities from each class away save one tanking ability to taunt, one dd to nuke, and one single heal to heal we have your perfect game.

Utterly boring.

Seriously man you just need l2play.

And honestly healer surviablity need help in the higher ranks.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Jupsto

Apprentice Member

9/16/08 11:36:28 AM#78

healers are always overpowered. waiting a mmo without healers. FFS games manage fine, just add very high out of combat health regen and your sorted.

My blog:

Phus

Novice Member

9/16/08 11:46:57 AM#79

Honestly, I don't have too many issues with my Black Orc. Considering they have a self heal 25% of the time they successfully hit an opponent, I couldn't complain at all. The problem with people who complain about the classes is that they want to associate WAR with WoW, even though WAR is all about group tactics and based around their table top strategy game. Your "warbands" need to stick together, form tactics, and use them to counter the opposing team; this isn't a game where one class trumps all.

When you learn to deal with that, then you'll be up for some actual combat: Realm versus Realm. Be smart about your decisions in combat and scenarios.

And if you don't take any of this to heart at all, go play a PS3. They really have a fantastic assortment of single player games in which you can smother your complaints with.

Soki123

Elite Member

9/16/08 11:51:19 AM#80

My maurader uses a short term silence in one stance, i switch stances after silencing to dps stance and boom dead healer. It s really not that hard to take one down if played right.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search