Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,530 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,018
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » What's with the poor gameplay?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
54 posts found
  elondor

Novice Member

9/13/08 8:12:25 PM#41

No offense to you fanbois and all, but in fact you CAN tell how the game is in the first 20 levels, because, as you may know, at least i frikken hope you do, that mmo's are built from the ground up.

The most polished areas of the game are going to be the starting areas and the following areas after that, so don't give me this only level 5 bullshit, because level 5 is where the most polish is at.

If the game-play and starting areas are not satisfactory, then there is not a chance in hell the high level areas and content is.

The problem here is, most mmo' addicts are from 2 generations. UO / EQ era, in which case it was not about money.  It was about innovation and an experience you couldn't forget.  Slowly but surely, subscriber bases climbed until finally, the second generation came along - World of Warcraft.  In which it was an extremely polished game, a grand experience (until raiding took precedence). So now you have companies, who are not about innovation, and are not about a grand experience.  They have a head producer who is looking for 8 million subscribers at 15 dollars a month so he can buy 10,000$ a night hookers and ferrari's.

so, there is the state of MMO's as it stands today.

trevornor

Novice Member

No, Imperial commander, Nair does not come in wookie size. We do have an ewok 6 pack though

9/13/08 11:52:26 PM#42
Originally posted by elondor

No offense to you fanbois and all, but in fact you CAN tell how the game is in the first 20 levels, because, as you may know, at least i frikken hope you do, that mmo's are built from the ground up.

The most polished areas of the game are going to be the starting areas and the following areas after that, so don't give me this only level 5 bullshit, because level 5 is where the most polish is at.

If the game-play and starting areas are not satisfactory, then there is not a chance in hell the high level areas and content is.

The problem here is, most mmo' addicts are from 2 generations. UO / EQ era, in which case it was not about money.  It was about innovation and an experience you couldn't forget.  Slowly but surely, subscriber bases climbed until finally, the second generation came along - World of Warcraft.  In which it was an extremely polished game, a grand experience (until raiding took precedence). So now you have companies, who are not about innovation, and are not about a grand experience.  They have a head producer who is looking for 8 million subscribers at 15 dollars a month so he can buy 10,000$ a night hookers and ferrari's.

I will respectfully disagree when WAR is concerned. The longer you go, the more complex and enjoyable this game seems to become. The "sweet point" in my personal opinion is between 8-11 to get a full feel for the game. This makes you competitive in Tier 1 PvP. At the 11 level is when some of the other mechanics kick in, like tactics and moral skills. The other point where something overly new is the keep seiges then the end game city sacking happens.

If you are open to suggestion, get to level 11, try out some of the final "toys" and take a peek at Tier 2 to see how well the "polish" continues (or even check out a few of the other pairings)

Thank you for your time

elondor

Novice Member

9/14/08 12:54:20 AM#43
Originally posted by trevornor

I will respectfully disagree when WAR is concerned. The longer you go, the more complex and enjoyable this game seems to become. The "sweet point" in my personal opinion is between 8-11 to get a full feel for the game. This makes you competitive in Tier 1 PvP. At the 11 level is when some of the other mechanics kick in, like tactics and moral skills. The other point where something overly new is the keep seiges then the end game city sacking happens.

If you are open to suggestion, get to level 11, try out some of the final "toys" and take a peek at Tier 2 to see how well the "polish" continues (or even check out a few of the other pairings)

Thank you for your time

i wasn't directly pointing this at WAR, this is for all mmo's ;)

runlikehell

Novice Member

9/14/08 1:05:46 AM#44

well being a person who played EQ,EVE,GuildWars,ACE,PerfectWorld and more my take on warhammer is it sucks the game was a cheap rip off of GuildWars and the hype was undeserving. i canceled my pre-order and will not play it. it also Lacked in other areas like smoothe graphics, lac of race or classes and it made me feel while playing closterphobic like it was all packed in too close. this is my opinion and hopefully it will save somone else 45$

markoraos

Novice Member

My dog ate your homework.

9/14/08 1:12:05 AM#45
Originally posted by runlikehell

well being a person who played EQ,EVE,GuildWars,ACE,PerfectWorld and more my take on warhammer is it sucks the game was a cheap rip off of GuildWars and the hype was undeserving. i canceled my pre-order and will not play it. it also Lacked in other areas like smoothe graphics, lac of race or classes and it made me feel while playing closterphobic like it was all packed in too close. this is my opinion and hopefully it will save somone else 45$

Guild Wars!

So it's a Guild Wars clone now innit? Make up your mind you 1-post trolls, is it a WoW or a GW clone? Cannot be both... or can it?

runlikehell

Novice Member

9/14/08 1:18:36 AM#46

def. a clone of GW. the movement  same the enviroment same the turn type action same.

i just think it could have been great and the next king of mmo's but they totaly droped the ball and no vision in the game development. it like the programers got lazy and said okay we will change the interface and the outfits and ...hurm i am hungry that will have to do noone will notice.........FAIL

remusus03

Novice Member

9/14/08 1:30:00 AM#47

one thing i can understand from ur post is ur a retardo ....the best example i can give is EVE-Online  try that   u will figure each MMO is very different  as wat it has to offer at different stages ...its more like comparing to a old nursery story..."Ugly Duckling" hope u rembr,.  that in ur noob RL days

ThomasN7

Novice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

9/14/08 1:40:14 AM#48

Can the gameplay be better ? I am sure it can be no mmo has ever been 100% perfect. The majority of the game plays pretty well and a ton of people will be playing at launch.  WAR is going to be a good mmo.

runlikehell

Novice Member

9/14/08 1:47:31 AM#49

i agree no mmo is perfect but is it too much to expect  that they dont do whats already been done or try to push a cheap clone. next generation is what were all looking for and i think its why were on mmorpg to post our experiences. there are some people who are here to Quote others and spell check others post and try to make them feel bad about posting there thoughts. i ignore those people and listen to others. if your out there and playing a game and think its a good game let me know.

angelsfang

Novice Member

9/14/08 5:16:53 AM#50
Originally posted by theCandle

Most of the posts complaining about the mmo's being released just seem to be about the person posting as much as the game itself, if you can't find an mmo to play that makes you even somewhat happy then maybe you're setting your standards too high and just on that bandwagon that seems to enjoy bashing stuff and doesn't seem to be happy with anything.

Warhammer is a really solid game that's improving everyday as release closes in, i'm glad i like it.

I'd sort of hate to be in the group of players out there that can't seem to find a game to play, what the heck are you guys playing then ?  Cabal online or some other FTP crap that you can justifiably complain about?

you're glad you like it?  wtf is that supposed to mean

"i'm glad I like WAR, the current in-thing of mmorpgs.  it feels nice to be cool"

Hegron

Apprentice Member

9/14/08 9:37:02 AM#51

another saviour of the gameing community, so glad you are hear to make my mind up for me.

Tambourine

Novice Member

9/14/08 3:57:53 PM#52
Originally posted by angelsfang
Originally posted by theCandle

Most of the posts complaining about the mmo's being released just seem to be about the person posting as much as the game itself, if you can't find an mmo to play that makes you even somewhat happy then maybe you're setting your standards too high and just on that bandwagon that seems to enjoy bashing stuff and doesn't seem to be happy with anything.

Warhammer is a really solid game that's improving everyday as release closes in, i'm glad i like it.

I'd sort of hate to be in the group of players out there that can't seem to find a game to play, what the heck are you guys playing then ?  Cabal online or some other FTP crap that you can justifiably complain about?

you're glad you like it?  wtf is that supposed to mean

"i'm glad I like WAR, the current in-thing of mmorpgs.  it feels nice to be cool"

Wow, the dude is happy he's enjoying a video game... do you find belittling people enjoyable? I think I'll try. You are such a fucking tool it's unbelievable, a true messiah of ignorance, and a testament to the pitiful state of degradation society is trapped in.

Crazy00Eyes

Novice Member

OP  9/15/08 7:20:26 PM#53
Originally posted by Hegron

another saviour of the gameing community, so glad you are hear to make my mind up for me.

That's his personal opinion of the game which he makes very clear.  Learn to think for yourself and learn to spell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Played: Clan Lord, WoW, Matrix Online, LOTR:O, EVE, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Rift
Playing: Starcraft 2, Battlefield 3

achesoma

Apprentice Member

9/16/08 12:08:18 PM#54

Ok, so I've seen people say that WAR is a clone of WoW, GW, and CoH.  How can it be a clone of all three?  lol  I've played all three of those games and WAR plays nothing like any of them. 

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search