Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Age of Wushu

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,795,302 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,130
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
86 posts found
  User Deleted
9/12/08 12:40:24 PM#21

player A: "whine" healers overpowered;

player B: "whine" tanks overpowered; - smiles

player C; Shakira is overpowered; - giggles

bleh all that are not me but have sucess are overpowered stuff is old.

Dreamion

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:42:02 PM#22

AGREED, I fought as a black orc the other day and i met a what do they call them rune priest or something, i hitted him for around 3 minutes and all he had to do was 1 heal himself at 50% .. nerf!. Btw i think this should be in warhammer forms, if not already in there, this is too overpower.

demented669

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:42:52 PM#23
Originally posted by Saekora

I want the game to be about skill, not inherent differences that make it impossible to kill someone if you are a certain class. That just reeks of bad design.

if you want a game that is totaly based on player skill only then sorry to tell you most MMO are not made that way, tank healer dps they have a role to play like in a team, say soccer the goal tender does not run up the field to try and score cause that is not his role, you can be the most skilled goal tender ever but if you do not play your role you are no good to anyone. you want a  player skill only game go make one or hope one gets made some day or just go play FPS there design around player skill.

twhint

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:46:51 PM#24
Originally posted by Cotillion99

I want the game to be about skill, not inherent differences that make it impossible to kill someone if you are a certain class. That just reeks of bad design.

It is.  So far I have thought that every class i have played is overpowered until i have realized that most people just don't know how to play and that the game is actually reallllly balanced.  Except for the squig herder apparently (haven't tried that one yet and have heard some depressing things)

I'm playing the squig herder right now and am absolutely having a blast. He doesn't have a lot of hit points, but he's a ranged dps anyway. If you go melee, you'll want to use the squig armor. It's just a matter of using the right pet with the right skills really, as the pets buff up certain portions, such as increased crit chance, increased armor, increased hate generation, etc. He's great in PvP simply because he can do a lot of dmg and cause confusion. The squig can explode in the middle of a group, damaging everyone. He's got a morale ability that knocks enemy players back, which is great when you want to knock the healers away, or if someone is perched high on a cliff and you blast them backwards off of it. I'm loving it so far at lvl 14. He does an incredible amount of dmg even though it doesn't seem like he does, which makes it better because people don't view you as a threat.

Cotillion99

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:47:32 PM#25
Originally posted by Dreamion

AGREED, I fought as a black orc the other day and i met a what do they call them rune priest or something, i hitted him for around 3 minutes and all he had to do was 1 heal himself at 50% .. nerf!. Btw i think this should be in warhammer forms, if not already in there, this is too overpower.

Ha!  He's bad at rvr.  Really if you need help ask someone.  If you don't have an interrupt or a silence or a healing modifier yet, especially if you are a NON-DPS class it is going to take a while to kill a class that can heal himself.   Seriously, before you do something, just take a second and THINK.  This is why PUGs make me sad.

MaxCRNAGE

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:40:47 PM#26
Originally posted by Dreamion

What lvl were you, and what lvl was the rp?  I had an orc (rank5) come up with a group and peel off on me (RP rank10 rr10).  After hitting me like a sissy for a few minutes, I was still healing my friends, shielding myself, and when I got to 50% used my level1 morale heal.  It's an 500hp instant heal with 60 sec. cooldown.

He just ran off at that point.  It's not overpowered.  It's called lowbeeitis.  He didn't have the skills to inturrupt me consistantly, nor enough dps output to go through my shield and both my HoT spells.  /assist and calling targets is your friend.  When an equal rank pain train comes up and starts beating on me, I die.

But perception is reality, so I can see where it would be perceived as 'overpowered'.  Don't ask for nerfs, ask for balances.  Nerf is for kids.

Locklain

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:49:13 PM#27

WAR has a serious issue with "Lone Warriors".  If you run off on your own, your going to die.  This is not a dueling game get up there with the group and coordinate with them.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
_______
|___|
\_______/
= ||||||
=
|X| \*........*/ |X|
|X|_________|X|
You wouldn't understand

Haelix

Novice Member

''Wisest is he who knows he does not know''

EQ DAoC AC EQ2 DDO V HL GW LoTRO AoC WoW WAR(beta)

9/12/08 2:54:31 PM#28

Here's the thing that you REALLY need to remember. Healers are annoying cause you can't kill them, but your actually ARE killing someone when you nuke the healer, just not the healer. The more time you keep a healer focused on keeping himself alive the less he's healing his teammates. You may not drop the healer but I guarantee his will friends start dropping pretty quick if you keep him occupied. You can either keep a healer focused on keeping himself alive, or focused on keeping his entire group alive. I'd say that even though your not killing the healer your still providing a valuable service to your team. 

Example, I was playing a IB in a scenario, came flying up behind the enemy line and assaulted their two healers,just annoying them really. But both healers, sensing an easy kill, chased me down, took em a minute to kill me since I was running to beat hell by that time. Sounds like I accomplished nothing right? By the time the two healers got back to healing their teammates the entire team was dead, and the healers got swamped. So I was, IN FACT, directly responsible for getting the entire enemy team wiped.

I get so tired of people playing the scenarios like the only point of it is to get to the top of the Total Damage done list. It's objective based gameplay yet too many people play it like its a simple deathmatch game, ignoring objectives to go play chase the squishy.

Yamota

Elite Member

"I fight so you don't have to."

9/12/08 2:59:19 PM#29

Healers must have high survivability otherwise any team, with half a brain, would just kill them quickly in the beginning of the battle and then noone would want to play them.

So it is quite smart to allow them to heal themselves efficiently because then they wont be able to heal others but still they will be able to survive.

Douhk

Novice Member

9/12/08 3:04:26 PM#30

Even while raining utter hell down upon healers in the game with my Bright Wizard, it can be nigh impossible to kill them unless they become distracted or I get lucky and crit on all of my shots; otherwise, they simply heal themselves up fully. And the warrior priest is the worst. You can be a full-blown tank and get your ass kicked by one because they can repeatedly heal themselves.

Warrior priests, I can understand.

Traditional ranged healers, however, that is exactly how they should be played. They should not be killable unless they're being overcome by more then one player. A ranged healer's heals should always be able to heal more damage then what is done to them, otherwise what is the point of the priest. It's easier to think about it as if the bright wizard is beating the living crap out of your melee dps. Your heals should be enough to outdo their damage and then some, given you can maintain a proper energy supply. Otherwise, you are useless, considering a ranged healer isn't supposed to do anything other than heal.

The warrior priests, on the other hand, I have a problem with in this game. Their damaging, defensive, and healing abilities from what I've played are far too great compared to other classes. They should be toned down quite a bit. However, the ranged traditional healers such as the zealot and runepriest, I feel, are fine as they are currently.

If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

xfrozenx

Novice Member

Lockdown 2012

9/12/08 3:05:44 PM#31

and...the overpowered threads begin...how did I not notice this topic about "OMGZOVERPOWEREDHEALERS"....wow...to be expected in any game...but in beta? and healers? and really? zealots aren't overpowered....so...guess it isn't us. =)

onlinenow225

Novice Member

9/12/08 3:09:30 PM#32

As many have said.  Later on all class' have a silence/healing debuff.  (Mortal strikeish)

So yea, healers especially rune priests are pretty damn op at the start of the game.   But later on its not like that.

Because if that healer cant heal, hes fuxzord.

onlinenow225

Novice Member

9/12/08 3:12:17 PM#33
Originally posted by xfrozenx

and...the overpowered threads begin...how did I not notice this topic about "OMGZOVERPOWEREDHEALERS"....wow...to be expected in any game...but in beta? and healers? and really? zealots aren't overpowered....so...guess it isn't us. =)

Nah not destruction healers.  They squish like mofos.  But for some reason order healers namly rune priests are just incredibly indestructable against most class.

Maybe they do need a nerf.  But i havent fought one while i had a healer debuff on them.

O and the "DPS" tanks are very viable at attacking healers/ranged dps with a healer behind them.  They are able to make the healer take less damage, as well as do more damage to the healers/dps.  Causing all other DPS to focus on them.  And if a healers behind them then that tank is still going to tank.  While the other people the other DPS were attacking now focus on a tank.  Weather its squishier than that other tank dosnt matter.  Hes distracted the team and now being focused fired while the other side is focus fireing their healers/dps more.

Distractions in this game are key to everything.

So they sacrifce some tanking abilities to do more damage.  Thus being a dps/tank.  They have their place, they are just played differently than say a Sword and Board tank.

spikers14

Novice Member

9/12/08 3:12:39 PM#34

As any arguement of this type -- If they seem so overpowered to you...go play one and see if that doesn't change your mind. What do you have to lose? You will either be OP or prove yourself wrong.

Knowledge is power 

demented669

Novice Member

9/12/08 3:14:44 PM#35

a good healer can be the thing that will help you win and i say more power to them i want healers to have masive amounts of healing power why is that so bad?

ranged healers vs melee healer well ranged ones are ment to stay behind the lines and pop heals out to hold the line and that helps to push the line forward simple yes?

now melee healers are in the mix and would need fast healing skils that they can spam out cause there are not just trying to heal the tanks and dps but need to pop alot of heals to save there own life cause if i am in the line and i see a melee healer around there target #1 and i hope my ranged DPS see him and take them down fast so i can break the line and rush there ranged healer, the more i talk about this game the more i see how well made and balanced it really is good stuff even if there is no gore i am starting to really like this game.

Daffid011

Old School

9/12/08 3:23:43 PM#36
Originally posted by FatGamer

Yes, they do kill me. I can remmeber a specific instance in which a warrior priest killed my tank because they could consistently heal more than I could do in damage even though he was a level below me. That's just ridiculous, and there's no excuse for that.

Um, tanks are not made to win battles, they are made to absorb hits and keep the focus on them so that SUPPORTING classes can win the fight. Sounds to me like tank is not your class, seriously.

I have serious trouble with healers on my ironbreaker [IE can't kill them in single combat], but I can be also be very hard to kill and annoy the enemy ranks.  However I feel that I can be safely ignored for bigger threats as I don't do nearly as much damage as other classes.  I just don;t think people have caught onto that yet.

I do so enjoy running into the middle of enemies with some good support to back me up.  Despite my feelings of how the ironbreaker should be ignored, I usually do very well damage, kill and most importantly survivability wise.  For example, if I charge through to the shaman healers they tend to run away or panic when they get beat on a bit.  This makes killing the opposition very easy when their support goes away. 

It could be that I primarily see lots of greenskins who lack casters to really put the hurt on me which allows me to run around unchecked so to speak. 

Black_Elvis

Apprentice Member

To be frank they are just hotdogs, their girls are relish, and they need to ketchup on their pimpin.

9/12/08 3:45:19 PM#37

Nearly every DPS class in this game gets some kind of interupt and/or  - healing effect actions later in the game.

Open beta lets you try things out.  Open beta lets Devs test servers.  Open Beta does NOT reflect how the game will be at max level/max gear  a few months from now.

Chill.

Spaceweed10

Apprentice Member

Where do we go from here?

9/12/08 4:00:24 PM#38

So the game should be strict rock-paper-scissors where no matter how skilled you are, you will always lose to a certain class? Yeah, they won't get my subscription if that remains the case.

Whine, whine, whine.

Good luck with whatever you play - see ya!

Saekora

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 4:05:53 PM#39

I love how damn belligerent people are. If you say something that upsets them about a game, they fly into a rage and fling their shit at you.

I'm such a bad guy because I expect for classes to be balanced and for player skill to be the dominant factor in PvP. Oh, man, we wouldn't want for a person's ability to play the game well decide who wins. No, let's just compare spreadsheets and determine who wins statistically. No need for pesky players to muck it up with their skills. 

Hazmal

Novice Member

If you can read this post, it means admins didn''t rickroll me again.

9/12/08 4:20:44 PM#40

I love how damn belligerent people are. If you say something that upsets them about a game, they fly into a rage and fling their shit at you.

I'm such a bad guy because I expect for classes to be balanced and for player skill to be the dominant factor in PvP. Oh, man, we wouldn't want for a person's ability to play the game well decide who wins. No, let's just compare spreadsheets and determine who wins statistically. No need for pesky players to muck it up with their skills. 

------------------
Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search