Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Destiny | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,406 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,247,199
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
86 posts found
  Saekora

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 12:17:09 PM#1

Even while raining utter hell down upon healers in the game with my Bright Wizard, it can be nigh impossible to kill them unless they become distracted or I get lucky and crit on all of my shots; otherwise, they simply heal themselves up fully. And the warrior priest is the worst. You can be a full-blown tank and get your ass kicked by one because they can repeatedly heal themselves.

bbmcnair

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:21:49 PM#2
Originally posted by Saekora

Even while raining utter hell down upon healers in the game with my Bright Wizard, it can be nigh impossible to kill them unless they become distracted or I get lucky and crit on all of my shots; otherwise, they simply heal themselves up fully. And the warrior priest is the worst. You can be a full-blown tank and get your ass kicked by one because they can repeatedly heal themselves.

AGREED! BLOODY SHAMANS!

twhint

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:22:34 PM#3

That's simply because your team isn't concentrating it's fire. This isn't a 1v1. But even if it was, a witch, witch hunter, or even marauder could tear a healer to shreds.

Saekora

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 12:23:45 PM#4

It is utter bullshit. There is no reason for them to be that powerful. It simply destroys the balance of the game and robs any enjoyment out of the PvP.

Saekora

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 12:24:51 PM#5

So the game should be strict rock-paper-scissors where no matter how skilled you are, you will always lose to a certain class? Yeah, they won't get my subscription if that remains the case.

Pyrostasis

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:25:32 PM#6

It is utter bullshit. There is no reason for them to be that powerful. It simply destroys the balance of the game and robs any enjoyment out of the PvP.

Is he killing you?

No.

He is countering your damage....and thats his design. Healers are the exact inverse to BW's and Sorcs. Get a friend or two, learn to assist, and your problem is over...

FatGamer

Novice Member

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/FatGamer

9/12/08 12:28:58 PM#7

I play a Shaman. Witch Hunters and sword masters destroy me. However, I can destroy every other class order has to offer. I always avoid the sword masters and witch hunters and peck off the fire wizards and anything dwarven.

The Adventures of Fat Gamer - http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/FatGamer

twhint

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:29:47 PM#8

Nothing is ever certain, but yes, your class will be more vulnerable to others. I'm sure you won't be missed that much if you don't like the mechanics of the game.

Tanks are weak vs. ranged dps.

Healers/ranged dps are weak against melee dps.

Melee DPS are weak against tanks.

It's a simple mechanic and it follows logic. But in a large scale battle, these can be tipped by several different factors, such as being healed, being blasted by numerous people, etc. Just use your head and organize. Concentrate fire on targets with healers being the prime target. Let the ranged dps root the tanks, while the melee dps rushes past to clear out the ranged dps and healers. The tanks should be protecting their own healers.

Right now people are in the wrong mindset with the tanks leading the charge. They really shouldn't as that simply allows the enemy to wreak havoc in their own ranks of ranged dps and healers. But this isn't a 1v1 game, so I'm not sure why you're so upset that you, by yourself, can't kill x class. Be a part of the damn team.

Note - Tanks are not DPS. They are hit points and defense. They always have been. Their role is purely defensive.

Saekora

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 12:29:50 PM#9

Yes, they do kill me. I can remmeber a specific instance in which a warrior priest killed my tank because they could consistently heal more than I could do in damage even though he was a level below me. That's just ridiculous, and there's no excuse for that.

demented669

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:31:45 PM#10

i think there just right. if you want to kill every one with 1 hit go play a FSP and be a sniper, i have jumped on healers and they would not go down i was black orc but if 2 of us did he would die fast. this is a team pvp game not solo pvp this is a well balanced game people that call one class over powered are just crying cause there is no GOD class that will own all the other ones here, if that is not balanced what is ?

you want to have the best class that will kill all and be no challage to you? go play solo games and use the God cheats there in a good MMO there are no cheaters

FatGamer

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:33:07 PM#11

Yes, they do kill me. I can remmeber a specific instance in which a warrior priest killed my tank because they could consistently heal more than I could do in damage even though he was a level below me. That's just ridiculous, and there's no excuse for that.

Um, tanks are not made to win battles, they are made to absorb hits and keep the focus on them so that SUPPORTING classes can win the fight. Sounds to me like tank is not your class, seriously.

cukimunga

Apprentice Member

Ah I'm drunk and I'm in the street like a vagabond.

9/12/08 12:33:10 PM#12
Originally posted by twhint

That's simply because your team isn't concentrating it's fire. This isn't a 1v1. But even if it was, a witch, witch hunter, or even marauder could tear a healer to shreds.

Yeah same with a White Lion with against my Shaman, they always kick my ass. 

The classes are made the way they are for group battles.  Certain classes do better against others.  Some classes are for taking out healers and other magic users. Some are used to sit there and soak up damage and so on.  Each class does what they are supposed to do well and everything else is just alright.

Saekora

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 12:35:34 PM#13

I want the game to be about skill, not inherent differences that make it impossible to kill someone if you are a certain class. That just reeks of bad design.

FatGamer

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:36:04 PM#14
Originally posted by cukimunga

Yeah same with a White Lion with against my Shaman, they always kick my ass. 

The classes are made the way they are for group battles.  Certain classes do better against others.  Some classes are for taking out healers and other magic users. Some are used to sit there and soak up damage and so on.  Each class does what they are supposed to do well and everything else is just alright.

Greetings, fellow Shaman!

To kill White Lions is easy! Kill the lion. Once it drops WAAAAGH! them to death. I rarely lose to them once I figured out this strat. Good luck!

Cotillion99

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:36:05 PM#15

LOL.  MAYBE you should work as a team.  MAYBE you should throw some dots on the WP, and wait for the Marauder to silence him before nuking him instead of just wasting your mana and potentially hurting yourself.  MAYBE you should shoot at the other dps classes that probably aren't getting heals.  MAYBE you should realize that this is a game that you actually have to think about what you are doing to be effective.

Aethios

Novice Member

I come here
because I care.

9/12/08 12:37:01 PM#16

I'm sure you won't be missed that much if you don't like the mechanics of the game.

I seem to recall a certain group of AoC fans saying something similar a few months ago.

FatGamer

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:37:30 PM#17

I want the game to be about skill, not inherent differences that make it impossible to kill someone if you are a certain class. That just reeks of bad design.

It's the way it's always been, Saekora. You need to know your role of your class and choose what fits your playstyle. Tanks are to manage hate and absorb damage, period.

pslydel

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:38:12 PM#18

So make it so your class wins every fight 1v1, and then you will be happy? 

Retreat is a viable means of survival.  If you know you cannot win, make a run for it, lead him to guards or other players. 

Cotillion99

Novice Member

9/12/08 12:38:33 PM#19

It is.  So far I have thought that every class i have played is overpowered until i have realized that most people just don't know how to play and that the game is actually reallllly balanced.  Except for the squig herder apparently (haven't tried that one yet and have heard some depressing things)

EDIT: Just found out who the source was on the squig herder... I semi- retract my statement on them sucking until i try it myself.

Hazmal

Novice Member

If you can read this post, it means admins didn''t rickroll me again.

9/12/08 12:38:58 PM#20

I think someone misread the pre-order...it didn't say Wrath of the Lich King, it said Warhammer Online...if you want classes "balanced" against each other so that you can go be da internet Rambo you dream of go with the aforementioned product.  Leave the rest of us and our tactic-driven RvR alone.

------------------
Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search