Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,273 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,712
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » What's with the poor gameplay?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
54 posts found
  Fensus

Novice Member

9/11/08 12:59:49 PM#21
Originally posted by miagisan

my only gripe with the gameplay is that the animations sometimes get of osync...but it's purely cosmetic, and seems to have been fixed today

uhhhhhh..... you forgot to laugh at the OP...

I'll let it slide...

This time.

musicmann

Novice Member

9/11/08 1:10:16 PM#22

This is my opinion on this whole subject and also from someone that is all about open, free sandbox mmo's. Started with SWG pre-cu, when that went downhill, jumped over to WOW. Played it on and off for yrs. and lvled two toons to 70.  After seeing how stupid and grindy the game really is, i had to quit.

Pretty much tried all other major mmo's and all have failed in comparison to my SWG. Signed up for POTBS, AOC closed beta's, was accepted and in the first 10 minutes knew those two games were full of crap and was gonna draw a lot of heat when released.

Now i am in a certain mmo that is not released yet and is considered sandbox. I can't say this more louder and clearly. Since joining the WAR open beta i have yet to log back into the other mmo. Like i said before, i am all about skill systems, sanbox gameplay and even though WAR is not that, it is a solid game that is fun from the very first time you log on.

I went through a small period of trying to figure out which class i truly liked the best, but came away knowing that on the 18th, i will be making a BW all the way. Scenario's are a blast as well as the PQ's. For all the people that say PVE is non existent, they know they are full of it.

I have done quest's and RVR, and actually lvled more from quest's. The coolest part is that you can explore any part of the zone, if you can survive and not one time as a lvl 11 BW has it felt like i have been grinding.

So for all the people that are constantly posting that WAR is a WOW copy or the graphics are like WOW's or all that other crap. They need to get a grip, grow up and head straight over to the eye doctor, because if you are seeing WOW when playing WAR you must have an eyesight problem.

Crazy00Eyes

Novice Member

OP  9/11/08 4:30:52 PM#23
Originally posted by DrDwarf

First off.

This is not a WOW clone.

Wow based on quest, grind and instances till you get to max level.    They threw in BGs as an afterthought and Bgs do not give you XP/are not an alternative to PVE levelling.

Okay, WAR differs from WoW significantly in one way - it is primarily a PvP oriented game and WoW is much more oriented towards PvE.  This may not hold true for long, however, as WoW has implented daily PvP quests to battleground and world PvP objectives that offer honor, gold, and XP rewards.  Not to mention the entire zone that will be dedicated to PvP come WotLK.

If you start wow now you on your journey to 70 you will likely stuggle to play that part of the game as it was designed becasue 1/ you wont find groups to do the instances (sure you can effectively cheat by getting boosts but that is not how the game was designed)  2/ use the Recruit a a friend which is in place to boost numbers and get those new players upto 60/70 easily and quickly so  they are going to buy the WoTLK.  

The LFG system has improved the ability to find groups on any populated WoW server.  I am not a fan of recruit-a-friend but I can see how it's in their best interest to get more subscribers this way.  I've never struggled with leveling except by being repetively ganked on PvP servers by higher level characters, this can be avoided quite easily by skipping certain PvP hotspot zones.

WOW atm is all about end game where you are either in a solid PVE guild or like 75% of active players you are doing arenas over and over to get PVP geat that gets replaced with something better every season.

This is to keep PvP on par with PvE gear, it works quite effectively.  There are other options to endgame such as twinking or playing "classic WoW" and doing level 60 instances/raids.

Warhammer on the other hand is PVE or PVP from the start to level and an endgame based on RVR large scale battles, some end game PVE.   You can do PQs, RVR and scenarios as well as the regular grind and PVE questing.

Scenarioes = Battlegrounds.  PQs aren't exactly the same but are quite reminiscent of group quests in WoW.  One thing I have yet to experience are PvE instances in WAR, do they even exist?

All these people pickign it up expecting it to be totally different to other MMORPG are fools.  You dont pick up a flight simulator and expect it to be fundamentally different, and just becasue you sept months of your life in WOW doesnt mean other MMORPG have to feel as comfortable and immediately appealing to you as soon as you log on - thats just dumb in the ssame way you wouldnt expect to go to someone else house and have it feel like your home 5 minutes after walking in.

You make a good point here, my lack of comfort playing a new game could be attributing to my feeling lack of smoothness.  However, I feel that is it more than just my experience with the game that is contributing to the rough gameplay I'm experiencing.

You are also  extremely dumb if you play a game in open beta and assume everything is going to be the same in release - fine it will be substantially the same but certain things will change.

I mentioned this in my first post.  Of course a beta is prone to many errors.... however, we are about a week away from release I expected many of these issues would be sorted out by now.

You are lso dumb if you have an average to crap PC that runs wow fine but cant run latest games - even if they have been damped down to let a larger number of people play.  

Are you saying that someone is "dumb" if they can't afford a good computer?  Get off your high horse.  This doesn't apply to me anyways as I have a brand new computer with great hardware specs.

If you came to wow late and consider yourself an expert you ar e100% wrong.   WOW on day of release wasnt up for many hours - thats release yes - not open beta.    Many people if not every single player had crashes, there were lots of issues with graphics card drivers, there was 0 support save a few public statements saying - we are sorry - we are fixing stuff - wait for more news.

I was there during the WoW beta and release.  I remember the lag, it was frusterating, but very understandable considering how many more subscribers WoW got that what was expected.  This was the first MMO to go gold and break 1 million subscribers, (now 10 million+) so the issues at lauch were totally understandable.

When world pvp was introduced it was pants.  Sure it was fun to line up against each other in southshore etc, but the game couldnt handle it and it was lag crash city until they introduced BGs and the grind (and it was a proper grind) to get rank vs everyonje else on your faction on your sever.

I agree, the inital PvP system sucked.  But I can't think of many games at the time it was introduced that did it better.

Now there were people crashing out of instances, no real way to fairly distribute loot, loads of time consuming UI and gameplay flaws that made just existing and getting ready to play time consuming.   You couldnt make enough gold playing as a novice to pay for your spells let alone buy top gear and train your professions (skinning aside)

I never had any problem with this.  Gold was indeed limited, but only if you were an idiot and spent it all on miniscule upgrades at every level on the AH would you fall short of spell and profession purchases.

In wow now - you are playing for items that will be next to useless in WoTLK.   If you worked for that 5k for tha t Epic Mount people can get on for less than half the price and they still whine.  They can make their own. they can rep grind for one.  The list is endless.

The high-end gear (whch every part time PvPer can obtain a few peices of) should help a lot during the leveling process from 70-80, and won't even be replaced until the late 70s.

Oh and class imbalance.  Well WOW was never set up for or made it easy to do world  pvp initially.  So unless you were in a team wit ha good mix of classes you came accross significant class balance issues when you were in pvp and obviusly the pve grind was a lot wasier/faster for some that it is now because of that.

Now in Warhammer in minutes of starting a char you are involved in PQs where you roll automatically for a share of loot.  you can do rvr and scenario based pvp and have your char level scaled up so you can actually kill others in those games whilst levelling too.

Yes Warhammer is similar to WO becasue they belogng to the same genre - but it is not a wow clone.

Oh and the Tome of Knowledge - how about that for a record of your achievements.   What does wow have to show your character is long serving and 10 times better than some kid that got boosted to 70 and spend 3 weeks doing arenas, bought some cheap wow gold and now thinks they are quality ?

As soon as WotLK is released a plethora of achievements will be granted to characters which will reveal their past endeavors.  Titles have been implemented as well.

Anyways, to those of you who find my comparison of dps classes to healers and tanks amusing, I meant to express my surprise that the dps differences were so prevalent at the starting levels.  Of course I expect dps classes to deal more damage as you progress towards the end game, but most RPGs I've played give every class very similar damage output for starters, since you will probably be completing an assortment of solo quests.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Played: Clan Lord, WoW, Matrix Online, LOTR:O, EVE, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Rift
Playing: Starcraft 2, Battlefield 3

xtravert

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 4:36:28 PM#24

Blue... text... burns.. The PAIN!!! Seriously people.  Blue on black doesn't work.

calyptic

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 4:42:47 PM#25
Originally posted by firefly2003

Didnt you know its another WOW clone? Just all PVP based but nothing really new to offer in innovation...I expect this game to fall on its face also just like Age Of Fail too much flash not enough content , or unpolished POS just like many other games to come out as of late....but then again Im not the only one whos has said this game isnt that great...

U know nothing, I was one of the people actually dragging this game down saying it would fail. Im glad i tryed it before i went slagging it off. You obviously dont know much here. all i can say is it has more low level content around level 10+ than any MMo ive played so far, PQ's Mixed with normal questing offer great group to solo versatility ina  blink of an eye with Back storys and Lore that would make many MMOs beg for, With the quick flip between pve and pvp head for some Open world pvp RvR, that Has pve and pvp objectives making you want to experience both . People slagging this game off really need to play it to a mid end content before they even speak about its gonna be bad and fail, It never claimed to be innovative -  THERES NO INNOVATIVE MMO'S IN FANTASY ANYMORE(sci fi MMOS maybe) - the game is enjoyable and replayable has nice classes, no game breaking BUGS none at all that ive seen atm its hard to even think of any worth mentioning and for what i can just see even in the first patch well updated..... ill be shocked if it doesnt hit 1 mil subs tbh and i dont use that term often

please Shoo back to what ever rock u come out of.

Player_420

Novice Member

9/11/08 4:43:45 PM#26
Originally posted by Crazy00Eyes
Originally posted by DrDwarf

First off.

This is not a WOW clone.

Wow based on quest, grind and instances till you get to max level.    They threw in BGs as an afterthought and Bgs do not give you XP/are not an alternative to PVE levelling.

Okay, WAR differs from WoW significantly in one way - it is primarily a PvP oriented game and WoW is much more oriented towards PvE.  This may not hold true for long, however, as WoW has implented daily PvP quests to battleground and world PvP objectives that offer honor, gold, and XP rewards.  Not to mention the entire zone that will be dedicated to PvP come WotLK.

If you start wow now you on your journey to 70 you will likely stuggle to play that part of the game as it was designed becasue 1/ you wont find groups to do the instances (sure you can effectively cheat by getting boosts but that is not how the game was designed)  2/ use the Recruit a a friend which is in place to boost numbers and get those new players upto 60/70 easily and quickly so  they are going to buy the WoTLK.  

The LFG system has improved the ability to find groups on any populated WoW server.  I am not a fan of recruit-a-friend but I can see how it's in their best interest to get more subscribers this way.  I've never struggled with leveling except by being repetively ganked on PvP servers by higher level characters, this can be avoided quite easily by skipping certain PvP hotspot zones.

WOW atm is all about end game where you are either in a solid PVE guild or like 75% of active players you are doing arenas over and over to get PVP geat that gets replaced with something better every season.

This is to keep PvP on par with PvE gear, it works quite effectively.  There are other options to endgame such as twinking or playing "classic WoW" and doing level 60 instances/raids.

Warhammer on the other hand is PVE or PVP from the start to level and an endgame based on RVR large scale battles, some end game PVE.   You can do PQs, RVR and scenarios as well as the regular grind and PVE questing.

Scenarioes = Battlegrounds.  PQs aren't exactly the same but are quite reminiscent of group quests in WoW.  One thing I have yet to experience are PvE instances in WAR, do they even exist?

All these people pickign it up expecting it to be totally different to other MMORPG are fools.  You dont pick up a flight simulator and expect it to be fundamentally different, and just becasue you sept months of your life in WOW doesnt mean other MMORPG have to feel as comfortable and immediately appealing to you as soon as you log on - thats just dumb in the ssame way you wouldnt expect to go to someone else house and have it feel like your home 5 minutes after walking in.

You make a good point here, my lack of comfort playing a new game could be attributing to my feeling lack of smoothness.  However, I feel that is it more than just my experience with the game that is contributing to the rough gameplay I'm experiencing.

You are also  extremely dumb if you play a game in open beta and assume everything is going to be the same in release - fine it will be substantially the same but certain things will change.

I mentioned this in my first post.  Of course a beta is prone to many errors.... however, we are about a week away from release I expected many of these issues would be sorted out by now.

You are lso dumb if you have an average to crap PC that runs wow fine but cant run latest games - even if they have been damped down to let a larger number of people play.  

Are you saying that someone is "dumb" if they can't afford a good computer?  Get off your high horse.  This doesn't apply to me anyways as I have a brand new computer with great hardware specs.

If you came to wow late and consider yourself an expert you ar e100% wrong.   WOW on day of release wasnt up for many hours - thats release yes - not open beta.    Many people if not every single player had crashes, there were lots of issues with graphics card drivers, there was 0 support save a few public statements saying - we are sorry - we are fixing stuff - wait for more news.

I was there during the WoW beta and release.  I remember the lag, it was frusterating, but very understandable considering how many more subscribers WoW got that what was expected.  This was the first MMO to go gold and break 1 million subscribers, (now 10 million+) so the issues at lauch were totally understandable.

When world pvp was introduced it was pants.  Sure it was fun to line up against each other in southshore etc, but the game couldnt handle it and it was lag crash city until they introduced BGs and the grind (and it was a proper grind) to get rank vs everyonje else on your faction on your sever.

I agree, the inital PvP system sucked.  But I can't think of many games at the time it was introduced that did it better.

Now there were people crashing out of instances, no real way to fairly distribute loot, loads of time consuming UI and gameplay flaws that made just existing and getting ready to play time consuming.   You couldnt make enough gold playing as a novice to pay for your spells let alone buy top gear and train your professions (skinning aside)

I never had any problem with this.  Gold was indeed limited, but only if you were an idiot and spent it all on miniscule upgrades at every level on the AH would you fall short of spell and profession purchases.

In wow now - you are playing for items that will be next to useless in WoTLK.   If you worked for that 5k for tha t Epic Mount people can get on for less than half the price and they still whine.  They can make their own. they can rep grind for one.  The list is endless.

The high-end gear (whch every part time PvPer can obtain a few peices of) should help a lot during the leveling process from 70-80, and won't even be replaced until the late 70s.

Oh and class imbalance.  Well WOW was never set up for or made it easy to do world  pvp initially.  So unless you were in a team wit ha good mix of classes you came accross significant class balance issues when you were in pvp and obviusly the pve grind was a lot wasier/faster for some that it is now because of that.

Now in Warhammer in minutes of starting a char you are involved in PQs where you roll automatically for a share of loot.  you can do rvr and scenario based pvp and have your char level scaled up so you can actually kill others in those games whilst levelling too.

Yes Warhammer is similar to WO becasue they belogng to the same genre - but it is not a wow clone.

Oh and the Tome of Knowledge - how about that for a record of your achievements.   What does wow have to show your character is long serving and 10 times better than some kid that got boosted to 70 and spend 3 weeks doing arenas, bought some cheap wow gold and now thinks they are quality ?

As soon as WotLK is released a plethora of achievements will be granted to characters which will reveal their past endeavors.  Titles have been implemented as well.

Anyways, to those of you who find my comparison of dps classes to healers and tanks amusing, I meant to express my surprise that the dps differences were so prevalent at the starting levels.  Of course I expect dps classes to deal more damage as you progress towards the end game, but most RPGs I've played give every class very similar damage output for starters, since you will probably be completing an assortment of solo quests.

very good replies crazyeyes. I thought I would add 2 things

WAR is a wow clone (been beta testing it for months) with the good idea of public quests, and siegeing at release (which both are good ideas and fun)

also the ToK isnt S*** compared to the 670+ achievments in WOTLK

Also crazyeyes i agree 100% ... and having played WAR at level 40 templated chars, the combat...its really ... hmm blocky and kinda ugly the whole time.

After beta testing war for a couple months, im prolly not gunna buy the game.

I play all ghame

Zakris

Novice Member

9/11/08 5:15:48 PM#27
Originally posted by Crazy00Eyes

Well considering how many subscribers WoW has, I'm not at all surprised that every single MMO I've played that has come out after WoW is another WoW clone.  I hope one day someone does something innovative, we're all tired of 'not another generic MMO,' but how much can you do with the RPG genre?  MMORTS might be fun

Unfortunately Star Wars was originally "innovative", but they decided that they needed to make it more like WoW .. pretty sad.

I'm downloading the WAR beta now and am looking forward to trying it out!

Lord_Ixigan

Novice Member

"Shut the face hole! I am preparing to say things!"

9/11/08 5:40:20 PM#28

<p>Only going to say this once: WAR is coming.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The majority of people who post crap like this need to stop playing MMO's. Face facts guys, you just aren't the MMO type of gamer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You want the immense depth and scope of the epic single player RPG's, plus you want perfect bug free interfaces, plus you want everything lag free...oh and let's not forget you probably don't want to pay for any of that either.</p>
<p>Go play Oblivion or NWN2 or Baldur's Gate for christs sake and leave MMO's to the people that can appreciate when a good one finally comes along. WAR is a good one.</p>

blbeta

Advanced Member

9/11/08 8:25:34 PM#29

In reply to OP:

I too believe something feels off with the combat.  Even the low levels of other MMOs that I liked the combat in feel better from the get go.

I am not saying WAR is bad, but the combat doesn't feel right atm.  I have not played since they added the Vram slider, but I doubt it will help.

It is the whole presentation of combat that feels off.  Not one thing in particular, but combat as a whole.

I will try to PvP more, since that is what I want, and see if I feel better about it.

tazarconan

Advanced Member

9/11/08 8:31:49 PM#30
Originally posted by Fensus

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaAHAHAHAHAHAHH

I lolled so hard at that line... is that an ACTUALY complaint??? tanks and healers do less damage than pure damage dealers ???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry...gimme a second to compose myself....

oh geeze.. here it goes again... HAHAHAHHAAH

Hmm Fensus it seems that apart an idiot 12 y old you cant also read what the man said

Lets me enlight u: HE SAID TANKS AND HEALERS DOING HALF THE DMG THAT PURED DPS do not just less...

Grozfox

Novice Member

Stop crying I could have done this more painfully.

9/12/08 8:15:13 AM#31

Well I'll keep this as simple as possible. First off WAR is NOT a WoW straight clone. Mostly because theres alot of differences. One the classes don't play the same. In order to really enjoy a class you have to learn about it and learn to play it. Oh and if you didn't know WoW and WAR are mortal enemies, yeah so a WoW player playing WAR is like being a WoW traitor to some.

Two the play-style and concept of the RvR and the way the levels play is way different than WoW.

I feel that WoW is actually too simplified in the way of game-play, its always just point click click click win/loose re-spawn and repeat. I mean dam and people say working in a factory is repetitive lol.

Anyway the main point here is this, if you don't like a game and you at least give it a good tryout then don't go running to the forums to say "eh this game suck" or " Its so gehy" I mean geeze if ya don't like it just say hey I gave it a shot and didn't care for it then play what ya like.

I dont see why people play games they hate just to complain to other players that they think it sucks, like the people who will play it care. Trust me noone cares that ya hate a game because your not famous not manny know you and true fans will play no matter what. Case in point look at games like AoC or EQ2 or hell even GW or CoH/CoV, those being just a few. People have said they suck and yet look they still have people playing them and liking it. Proof that no matter how much you complain or insult the game no one will listen and if they do its to find things to make fun of you for. Oh and speaking of fools lol yes for those who have read the AoC forum I fixed the issue i was having and apologize.

uidLuc1d

Novice Member

9/12/08 8:43:25 AM#32
Originally posted by firefly2003

Didnt you know its another WOW clone? Just all PVP based but nothing really new to offer in innovation...I expect this game to fall on its face also just like Age Of Fail too much flash not enough content , or unpolished POS just like many other games to come out as of late....but then again Im not the only one whos has said this game isnt that great...

"Current EVE ONLINE Player & The Saga Of Ryzom"

...Remind me to ignore anything you say in the future.

Player_420

Novice Member

9/12/08 10:20:11 AM#33
Originally posted by Grozfox

Well I'll keep this as simple as possible. First off WAR is NOT a WoW straight clone. Mostly because theres alot of differences. One the classes don't play the same. In order to really enjoy a class you have to learn about it and learn to play it. Oh and if you didn't know WoW and WAR are mortal enemies, yeah so a WoW player playing WAR is like being a WoW traitor to some.

Two the play-style and concept of the RvR and the way the levels play is way different than WoW.

I feel that WoW is actually too simplified in the way of game-play, its always just point click click click win/loose re-spawn and repeat. I mean dam and people say working in a factory is repetitive lol.

Anyway the main point here is this, if you don't like a game and you at least give it a good tryout then don't go running to the forums to say "eh this game suck" or " Its so gehy" I mean geeze if ya don't like it just say hey I gave it a shot and didn't care for it then play what ya like.

I dont see why people play games they hate just to complain to other players that they think it sucks, like the people who will play it care. Trust me noone cares that ya hate a game because your not famous not manny know you and true fans will play no matter what. Case in point look at games like AoC or EQ2 or hell even GW or CoH/CoV, those being just a few. People have said they suck and yet look they still have people playing them and liking it. Proof that no matter how much you complain or insult the game no one will listen and if they do its to find things to make fun of you for. Oh and speaking of fools lol yes for those who have read the AoC forum I fixed the issue i was having and apologize.

HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED WARHAMMER?

What are you talking about?! omg WAR's combat is 100% similar to WoW, to LOTRO, to EQ2, to VG.....

your making fun of wow for point and click, maybe try playing warhammer before you say stuff like that

after beta testing war for months now I wont be buying it due to the terrible polish, and due to the gameplay being sub-par to WoW, and even LOTRO

oh and RVR is just like WoW's open world pvp system

sit on a control point until its controled, defend it. Or the other side will. OOOH thats PVP at its best

I play all ghame

UbahNecro

Novice Member

9/12/08 10:53:09 AM#34

The problem I have with the Warhammer combat system is that it's slow. Spell casts are slow as hell. Melee that I've seen is slow as hell. It's too slow, it's boring and I cannot play something like that.

After having played Lineage II for years, man... 3 seconds to cast a spell is like an eternity... I cannot get into that.

The more I play RvR games (I am currently also playing DAoC), the more I dislike the concept. I really do much rather FFA PvP games where decisions made by the players are Political and affect the game world as a whole.

There has to be fighting for a purpose, and there has to be a deeper meaning to "WAR" than just "because the lore says so". It totally dumbs down the gaming experience and makes you feel like you are doing nothing but a routine.

Choices and complexities are what make PvP games awesome, and Warhammer removes alot of that, and the RvR on top of it removes just a little bit more.

Age of Conan had the potential to become a very nice FFA PvP game, but the players are too retarded to actually know how to function in such a game. It's just a big gank fest.

Ottomar

Novice Member

9/12/08 11:52:47 AM#35

I'd say this is a serious step forward from games as World of Warcraft and Age of Conan. RvR seems a lot more viable and fun then most other games with pvp content.

There are of course things that needs work but hey, it's only open beta yet. See what happened with AoC... Warhammer seems a lot (A LOT) better already and it's only open beta.

Im really enjoying the classes I've tried so far and the RvR seems ok at this stage. Im really looking forward to the higher lvl RvR with more siege and stuff. It'll be interesting to see how much PvE content there is (and how playable it is) as well...

All in all an ok beta at this stage. EQ2 was worse, WoW was an equal and AoC was much worse at this stage (in my opinion ofc). Lets just hope that mythic can keep up the good work and make this an excellent game as Daoc was back in the day (and to some extent still is)!

As for Lineage 2... Yuck! Don't even bring that game up. It should be outlawed since it's so boring...

Tried: Most MMO's, Playing: EQ2

Grozfox

Novice Member

Stop crying I could have done this more painfully.

9/12/08 7:17:13 PM#36
Originally posted by Player_420

HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED WARHAMMER?

What are you talking about?! omg WAR's combat is 100% similar to WoW, to LOTRO, to EQ2, to VG.....

your making fun of wow for point and click, maybe try playing warhammer before you say stuff like that

after beta testing war for months now I wont be buying it due to the terrible polish, and due to the gameplay being sub-par to WoW, and even LOTRO

oh and RVR is just like WoW's open world pvp system

sit on a control point until its controled, defend it. Or the other side will. OOOH thats PVP at its best

haha thats funny you sound just like one of those people that trys out a game and hates it but keeps playing anyway just to find more things to poke at. Look you can love WoW all ya want I really dont care i got bored with it because first off they wouldn't stop shoveing the game down peoples throats. everywhere you go even today you hear about how 8 million play and so should you I mean what kinda crap is that besides advertiseing death. I liked WoW and aparently you see everything as a WoW clone you like so manny others are baseing all your decisions on a game based upon WoW. I guess I wonder why? why would you assume that WoW is the basis of everything. First off it wasnt the first to come along second if you value a game so much that you and manny others base what you think upon it then you are a greater fool than you think.

When Beta testing a game you dont base it on your favorite game you go in and play with a completely unbiased outlook but lately it seems gamers everywhere dont they find a game they love then try other games to see if they measure up THATS why people say everythings a WoW clone because they base thier decisions on the standards of WoW. So before ya go and start whineing stop and think , do you see other games not just WAR from a unbiased side or are you judgeing it before spending real valueable time with it giveing it a full chance because right off one little thing didn't match up to what was in another game.

......oh and no I was not fortunate enuff you get in beta I reserved a copy but the dam gamestop was out of the numbers for open beta and even tho I was signed in to the newsletter since 2006 I never got a chance to get in sadly. As I said say what you will but I'll still play it because WoW has lost my interest I got burnt out on it and dont really see myself going back.

Crazy00Eyes

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 8:18:24 PM#37

......oh and no I was not fortunate enuff you get in beta I reserved a copy but the dam gamestop was out of the numbers for open beta and even tho I was signed in to the newsletter since 2006 I never got a chance to get in sadly. As I said say what you will but I'll still play it because WoW has lost my interest I got burnt out on it and dont really see myself going back.

So you reserved a copy and didn't even get in the beta?  I didn't even preorder... I simply signed up for chances to get beta keys on a few websites... I ended up with two EU and one US key.  I'm glad I got this chance to see that I don't like this game so I won't have to waste my money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Played: Clan Lord, WoW, Matrix Online, LOTR:O, EVE, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Rift

crunchyblack

Apprentice Member

9/12/08 8:39:59 PM#38

With a game thats as much fun as WAR, i find it silly to compare it to a boring game like wow, they have noting in comon as far as content and gameplay.  Wow is a solo pve game on easy mode, war is a RvR game based on teamwork.

Must suck to be a wow fan....so bored of wow, bored of the "more of the same expansion" kiddie graphics, and the fact that you cant play any other game without hating it...

(wow is a everquest clone, on easy mode)

Crazy00Eyes

Novice Member

OP  9/13/08 3:44:47 PM#39

I think the word "clone" has been thrown around a bit too loosely here.  Almost all fantasy MMO's are based off of Tolkien lore.  And as far as content are concerned, does anyone have any real innovative ideas for what developers of these MMOs could do differently?  I don't really care if this game is a so called "clone" of every other game, I just want polish and smooth out the gameplay, so that I can have some fun with RvR as I sometimes do with PvP in WoW, under the right circumstances.

UbahNecro

Novice Member

9/13/08 4:08:39 PM#40

Originally posted by Ottomar
As for Lineage 2... Yuck! Don't even bring that game up. It should be outlawed since it's so boring...

As for Warhammer... Yuck! Don't even bring that game up. It should be outlawed since it's so boring...

See what I just did there?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search