Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Diablo 3 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,717 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,215,136
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Paul Barnett you broke your promise!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
42 posts found
  Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

OP  9/10/08 12:54:30 AM#21
Originally posted by Keeper2000
Originally posted by Elikal

Lol, the warhammeralliance mod Browncoat constantly locks my question threads. I wonder in what Developers rearside he spends his time to get that name.

They are afraid. After the GOAway desaster and the cuts their nerves are blank. Understandable, but it all smells. I have heard of too many people being banned, edited and thread-locked on the supported WAR forums to grow suspicious. Seems they did not only copy WOWs graphics but Blizzards customer dealing as well. Huzzah.

You think I bash? Gawd, I havent even STARTED. This is a small, polite remark. If I get nasty you see the difference, trust me.

May I advice you to post it in the VN boards, Mark Jacobs read and write in there.  Maybe he answers you.  I would advice too that you rewrite it so it's more diplomatic.

Personally, I dont think you are bashing but you are just saying your opinion and expressing your frustration on a feature that you (like me) understood it will be in game.  Maybe the difference is that I dont care about it and you do.

I think you may be looking for an answer and maybe posting in VN will give it to you.  Of course, I may be totally wrong.

VN boards? You have a link pls?

I know, I get aggressive when people start to keep me silence, and this behavior on warhammeralliance is just preposterous. In a free world a company must face critique. They must not like it, but they must face it. Period.

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

Keeper2000

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:59:43 AM#22

I know, I get aggressive when people start to keep me silence, and this behavior on warhammeralliance is just preposterous. In a free world a company must face critique. They must not like it, but they must face it. Period.

Here is the link to see all the Jacobs posted.

vnboards.ign.com/ASP/user_posts.asp

You can access the forums using that link too.

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 1:04:32 AM#23

Do you not think they might be a little bit busy this week to deal with this ?

By all means let them know,  but seriously who do you think you are to demand anything for them ?

Netspook

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 1:09:50 AM#24

First, WHA has the right to decide what's ok and what's not at their site. That is NOT "preposterous".

Second, about WAR, here's a quote regarding most betas, including WAR:

EVERYTHING is subject to change!

Understood?

They MUST face it? Sorry, but it's damn hard to stop laughing right now. Climb down from the pedestal before you fall and break your neck, they "must" nothing that you've decided.

Arcken

Apprentice Member

Lets face it, MMOs today are turning into single player console games with a chat box included.

9/10/08 1:10:25 AM#25

Lol, the warhammeralliance mod Browncoat constantly locks my question threads. I wonder in what Developers rearside he spends his time to get that name.

They are afraid. After the GOAway desaster and the cuts their nerves are blank. Understandable, but it all smells. I have heard of too many people being banned, edited and thread-locked on the supported WAR forums to grow suspicious. Seems they did not only copy WOWs graphics but Blizzards customer dealing as well. Huzzah.

You think I bash? Gawd, I havent even STARTED. This is a small, polite remark. If I get nasty you see the difference, trust me.

Doesnt look at goofy as WoW graphics to me at all. But then again Warcraft wouldnt even be a game if they hadnt copied their ideas from the Warhammer huniverse.

User Deleted
9/10/08 1:34:36 AM#26
Originally posted by Keeper2000

May I advice you to post it in the VN boards, Mark Jacobs read and write in there.  Maybe he answers you.  I would advice too that you rewrite it so it's more diplomatic.

Personally, I dont think you are bashing but you are just saying your opinion and expressing your frustration on a feature that you (like me) understood it will be in game.  Maybe the difference is that I dont care about it and you do.

I think you may be looking for an answer and maybe posting in VN will give it to you.  Of course, I may be totally wrong.

I maybe wrong.  I do not think WHA is an official board.  If you got censored or banned there, that is WHA.  Not Mythic.  Don't shoot Mythic b/c one of the independent boards happened to have annoyed you.

imbant

Novice Member

Words

9/10/08 1:43:10 AM#27
Originally posted by Arcken

Doesnt look at goofy as WoW graphics to me at all. But then again Warcraft wouldnt even be a game if they hadnt copied their ideas from the Warhammer huniverse.

Heh you like to make this arguement a lot....

Doesn't really matter where the IP came from.  Yes everyone with 1/2 a brain knows where WoW got its IP ideas from originally, and that DAoC originally had RvR and battleground concepts.  But geuss what...doesn't matter in the business world.

WoW took those concepts and perfected them.  They did it first, so while you can preach about the IP all day, the MMORPG of WoW came first.  WAR is a WoW clone...which is going to be a good thing for them because their market is huge and people are bored with WoW...the RvR focused WAR with the PQs will be enough to steal some customers away, both old and current WoW players.  But trying to make excuses for it not being a WoW clone is just ignorant. 

~~
Darkfall Releases on: February 25th, 2009

Darkfall Recap of everything that has happened the last 3 months: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/213296

"The monsters are tough. I was looking for a challenge, but these things are just too damn smart." -DF Beta Tester

"If people were dismissing it, then they wouldn't be talking about it. The well-meaning gamers root for efforts that try to raise the bar. So who's left? It's so easy being a skeptic." -Tasos

BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

9/10/08 6:19:23 AM#28

Sorry but after the cut of 66% of all cities and ripping two factions of their tanks altogether my tolerance for cut things has grown thin. At least I wanna hear some good answers. And if you PLAY Empire for instance you SEE that the CLAIM that the lost tanking abilities are compensated to other classes is just another lie. Can Bright Wizards tank? Can Witch Hunters tank? Are warrior priests a full compensation? No same for Dark Elves.

After so many MMOs with promised features my patience with promises promises turned to dust has just grown thin.

Characters are not forced to stay in their starting zones. I see plenty of tanks heading over to the other race zones. Its really not a problem.

Also, you could have just said 4 cities, but you chose to say "66%". God, why?

But as someone mentioned, you're just picking on small, meaningless things. Just say you don't like the game and that you are not going to play it. If you, however, choose to clarify that, I suggest you come up with better arguments than the ones you mentioned.

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

Zoulz

Novice Member

9/10/08 6:34:28 AM#29
Originally posted by imbant
Originally posted by Arcken

Heh you like to make this arguement a lot....

Doesn't really matter where the IP came from.  Yes everyone with 1/2 a brain knows where WoW got its IP ideas from originally, and that DAoC originally had RvR and battleground concepts.  But geuss what...doesn't matter in the business world.

WoW took those concepts and perfected them.  They did it first, so while you can preach about the IP all day, the MMORPG of WoW came first.  WAR is a WoW clone...which is going to be a good thing for them because their market is huge and people are bored with WoW...the RvR focused WAR with the PQs will be enough to steal some customers away, both old and current WoW players.  But trying to make excuses for it not being a WoW clone is just ignorant. 

100% correct!

Hazmal

Novice Member

If you can read this post, it means admins didn''t rickroll me again.

9/10/08 8:25:28 AM#30

Hahaha...you are the online savior; the Romans and their draconian ways are just keeping you down right?  Only those who follow you now will know true salvation when ragnarok is at hand.

------------------
Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

Orphes

Novice Member

You make, you buy, you die!

9/10/08 9:54:10 AM#31

Well they also said that EU players would be able to create open beta accounts on Sep 7th.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
"You have the right not to be killed"

greyendal

Novice Member

"No niggard are you, Éomer, said Aragorn"

J.R.R. Tolkien

9/10/08 10:01:25 AM#32

Ok, I just say Bear Paws.

Not so long ago, once thing you bashed in other MMOs, that people could wade through bears (or any mob) kill dozens of them and THEN someone asks you to kill 20 bears for their paws. YOU told us WAR would not be stupid like that. YOU told us the game would know, and when you go to a quest giver it would give the reward right away!

I tried it out, and it does NOT work. I dunno how many friends I had told about the original plan to try to make them play WAR, telling them how intelligent the WAR design was, and now you made me look like a fool. Thanks.

Where is the wordy and eloquent Mr Barnett NOW? You who always had so many elaborate speeches, where are you NOW with your mouth full of golden promises, huh? Not so boasting now here, are we, yes?

EDIT: this thread was locked on Warhammeralliance, because I was not allowed to directly adress developers. So much for fairness. A guy who always rode his ultimate ego trip in those videos, whoring for attention, boasting how great everything is, but now I am not allowed to ask him what happend to his boasting promises about the things HE claimed would WAR make so great?

Oh no you're wrong!  It's not a grind because instead of having to kill 20 somethings you only  have to kill 3 somethings.  Only now quests feel trite and meaningless having to trudge out somewhere to spend 2 minutes on something.  Wow.  What an ingenious way to kill the grind. 

elvenangel

Novice Member

Why So Serious?

9/10/08 10:20:11 AM#33

Uh the kill collector quests that you don't have to actually take a quest from is in the game, infact the kill collector's are the ones that eventually tell you you've unlocked a Tome reward for killing X number of NPC's that they particularly hate and its not a Quest that goes in the Quest log.  

You also don't have to kill 10 bears to get 5 paws just 5 bears.  You also get a special section just for quest items so it doesn't take up your bag.   THe design is rather intelligent..the quests are kinda standard fair in design though.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

syxx

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 10:31:22 AM#34

Ok, I just say Bear Paws.

Not so long ago, once thing you bashed in other MMOs, that people could wade through bears (or any mob) kill dozens of them and THEN someone asks you to kill 20 bears for their paws. YOU told us WAR would not be stupid like that. YOU told us the game would know, and when you go to a quest giver it would give the reward right away!

I tried it out, and it does NOT work. I dunno how many friends I had told about the original plan to try to make them play WAR, telling them how intelligent the WAR design was, and now you made me look like a fool. Thanks.

Where is the wordy and eloquent Mr Barnett NOW? You who always had so many elaborate speeches, where are you NOW with your mouth full of golden promises, huh? Not so boasting now here, are we, yes?

EDIT: this thread was locked on Warhammeralliance, because I was not allowed to directly adress developers. So much for fairness. A guy who always rode his ultimate ego trip in those videos, whoring for attention, boasting how great everything is, but now I am not allowed to ask him what happend to his boasting promises about the things HE claimed would WAR make so great?

Um i haven't specifically killed bear's but i have killed High elves, sprites etc and got exp rewards from kill collectors for it. I wouldn't call em a liar just yet since its content restricted and things ive unlocked in the tome are not usable atm so i imagine alot of that stuff isn't in till next week. But yeah there are rewards for killing stuff...

User Deleted
9/10/08 12:23:31 PM#35

This was a promised feature that even had about 10 - 15 minutes in a podcast/dev diary devoted to its explanation. There was no indication that this was for only one quest, it was implied that all quests work this way. It’s not in.

Shall we all jump like others and call it a lie? Why the double standard people?

Keeper2000

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:33:45 PM#36

EDIT: deleting.  I missread.

Jetrpg

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:41:20 PM#37

I agree with you, but he was addressing kill collectors.

Or maybe he wasn't and just didn't realize what he was saying (I think paul may have a drinking or opiate problem .... or maybe that is his natural state) Regaurdless, kill collection quests work this way. This quests are quests that are not quests. You kill like 40 of the mob and talk to the collector in your areas and bingo massive lump of exp.

However, they should do this for all quests i agree.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

StandardPhil

Novice Member

9/16/08 2:00:57 AM#38

reading most of this tread i started to being more and more annoyed about the wow fans. go to your own threads and bash other games there. this is a war thread, for war, for people who want to talk about war, not wow.

if you guys knew anything is thay warhammer came before warcraft.

i dont care if people think they a stole frol b, all i care about is a good game.

so STFU or GTFO

Tambourine

Novice Member

9/17/08 1:23:24 AM#39

Why the hell should we care? It's a miniscule feature, and though they may have been throwing it around as one of the many awesome innovative features within the game, it really does not have that significant of an impact on the overall ENJOY factor of playing the game. Mythic has gone out of their way to show that they really are trying to communicate with the player base and build the game to our specifications, and have been pretty much 100% honest with the directions they've decided to take.

WAR lives up to what it set out to be. Whether that's the game you want to play or not is your decision, and a decision neither I, nor anyone else here really cares to hear about when it comes down to petty nitpicking just for the sake of complaint. I'm sorry. If you have something of actual substance to bitch about, let's hear it.

I personally feel WAR is the next best thing we have, and welcome its addition to our library of MMOs. If you find anything out of order to what Mythic had promised, I'm sure they'll have an explanation for you. Cause you know I'm sure the devs are just sitting there thinking, "dude, we should totally yank this feature just to fuck with their heads!"

It's not perfect, it's not a revolution. It's fun.

Constructive feedback is your friend. Meaningless gripes are not.

iZakaroN

Novice Member

\m/

9/17/08 1:30:53 AM#40
Originally posted by Unive

Ill say it once and ill say it 500 more times! Any fantasy mmo that are taking obvious ideas from WoW IS GOING TO FAIL. FACE IT PEOPLE. I said this game would be crap and it is. I said AOC would be crap and it is. I said Auto Assualt would be crap it is. I said Tabula Rasa would be crap IT IS! Why you ask? WOW CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now everyone me k thnx

Poor WoW Fanboy

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
______\m/_____
LordOfDarkDesire

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search