Trending Games | War Thunder | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,684 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,019
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Paul Barnett you broke your promise!

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
42 posts found
  Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

OP  9/10/08 12:31:48 AM#1

Ok, I just say Bear Paws.

Not so long ago, once thing you bashed in other MMOs, that people could wade through bears (or any mob) kill dozens of them and THEN someone asks you to kill 20 bears for their paws. YOU told us WAR would not be stupid like that. YOU told us the game would know, and when you go to a quest giver it would give the reward right away!

I tried it out, and it does NOT work. I dunno how many friends I had told about the original plan to try to make them play WAR, telling them how intelligent the WAR design was, and now you made me look like a fool. Thanks.

Where is the wordy and eloquent Mr Barnett NOW? You who always had so many elaborate speeches, where are you NOW with your mouth full of golden promises, huh? Not so boasting now here, are we, yes?

EDIT: this thread was locked on Warhammeralliance, because I was not allowed to directly adress developers. So much for fairness. A guy who always rode his ultimate ego trip in those videos, whoring for attention, boasting how great everything is, but now I am not allowed to ask him what happend to his boasting promises about the things HE claimed would WAR make so great?

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 12:35:17 AM#2

LOL.    

We are not in the release version yet m8 but I presume you have reported it as a bug.

ThomasN7

Novice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

9/10/08 12:37:27 AM#3

There are better things to do than worrying about bear paws. I understand what you are saying but this is nitpicking on every single word someone said.

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

OP  9/10/08 12:40:21 AM#4

Sorry but after the cut of 66% of all cities and ripping two factions of their tanks altogether my tolerance for cut things has grown thin. At least I wanna hear some good answers. And if you PLAY Empire for instance you SEE that the CLAIM that the lost tanking abilities are compensated to other classes is just another lie. Can Bright Wizards tank? Can Witch Hunters tank? Are warrior priests a full compensation? No same for Dark Elves.

After so many MMOs with promised features my patience with promises promises turned to dust has just grown thin.

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

PapaLazarou

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 12:40:33 AM#5

Yeh and he said when you transform into the armour Squigg thing that you'll hit it and hit it and hit it until it swallows you and they you control it with its guts..................... no you just suddenly turn into a squigg.

He says too much bullshit that aint even in the game.

Unive

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:42:19 AM#6

Ill say it once and ill say it 500 more times! Any fantasy mmo that are taking obvious ideas from WoW IS GOING TO FAIL. FACE IT PEOPLE. I said this game would be crap and it is. I said AOC would be crap and it is. I said Auto Assualt would be crap it is. I said Tabula Rasa would be crap IT IS! Why you ask? WOW CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now everyone me k thnx

bf2warriorx Xfire Miniprofile
  miagisan

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:45:49 AM#7

if you watched the gamesday podcasts, they said that SOME quests will remember what you killed (such as kill collectors) but most wont

Boreil

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 12:49:45 AM#8
Originally posted by Unive

Ill say it once and ill say it 500 more times! Any fantasy mmo that are taking obvious ideas from WoW IS GOING TO FAIL. FACE IT PEOPLE. I said this game would be crap and it is. I said AOC would be crap and it is. I said Auto Assualt would be crap it is. I said Tabula Rasa would be crap IT IS! Why you ask? WOW CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now everyone me k thnx

WoW was the biggest clone ever , get it straight nothing original about it .

Keeper2000

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:56:19 AM#9

This was discussed in another thread.  Some people, including me, understood the feature (promise) as the OP described and I felt like that feature is not in game.

Other people understand the promise as the kill collector.

It is truth too that if you find some stuff and interact with it, sometimes, you will get the quest even if you didnt have it.  And that can be part of the promise or not.

In any case, this is the only feature that I understood the game would have and it doesnt.  But as Mythic did tell us when they took out content (the 4 cities and the 4 classes) I will assume I missunderstood.  After all, they would just tell us the promise/feature wasnt there.

I am suprise in a very good way on how Mythic manage to give me all the features they promised (except the ones they told me that they wont be on release and this other the OP said that it can be just me who missunderstood).

In resume, I /bow to Mythic for giving me 99% of what I was expecting in the game.

And by no means this missing feature (for me) means much because I still having a blast and I will enjoy this game a lot.

needalife214

Apprentice Member

Big Bang happened. And life happened. Then you trolls somehow got here?

9/10/08 12:59:27 AM#10
Originally posted by PapaLazarou

Yeh and he said when you transform into the armour Squigg thing that you'll hit it and hit it and hit it until it swallows you and they you control it with its guts..................... no you just suddenly turn into a squigg.

hmm ONE:WTF that is an animation

and TWO: unless i am mistaken the "hitting the squig" is for the mount Verson  not the armor squig....but i could be wrong....

and THREE: if you gripe about that GTFO my game i have seen/met paul and jeff   they are great people and they have talked about the cuts and about changing things they have said in the past...and it was for the best  and most people you ask will say the same thing  (about cities..people hold bias to classes but i have gotten over the KotBS)

Every Major thing (aside from the other cities ) is STILL IN THE GAME  and BTW  too the OP  LOLZ NUB.. they did not cut 66% of the end game...i say this for two reasons...ONE: it would have been the same thing over and over and in the end been no different then the two we have....and TWO there are still the end game PVE "raids" (i used quotes because they are only six man) and those three are still in the game....if anything they cut 20%  but still   i mean they did not cut the mechanic of sieging......which IS THE END GAME.

any more brain Busters?

Arcken

Apprentice Member

Lets face it, MMOs today are turning into single player console games with a chat box included.

9/10/08 12:59:52 AM#11
Originally posted by Unive

Um history lesson for ya. Warcraft stole from Warhammer, do some research Urkel, and see who was around first, World of Warcraft, or Warhammer. Thank  you, please drive through.

miagisan

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:01:18 AM#12
Originally posted by needalife214
Originally posted by PapaLazarou

hmm ONE:WTF that is an animation

and TWO: unless i am mistaken the "hitting the squig" is for the mount Verson  not the armor squig....but i could be wrong....

and THREE: if you gripe about that GTFO my game i have seen/met paul and jeff   they are great people and they have talked about the cuts and about changing things they have said in the past...and it was for the best  and most people you ask will say the same thing  (about cities..people hold bias to classes but i have gotten over the KotBS)

Every Major thing (aside from the other cities ) is STILL IN THE GAME  and BTW  too the OP  LOLZ NUB.. they did not cut 66% of the end game...i say this for two reasons...ONE: it would have been the same thing over and over and in the end been no different then the two we have....and TWO there are still the end game PVE "raids" (i used quotes because they are only six man) and those three are still in the game....if anything they cut 20%  but still   i mean they did not cut the mechanic of sieging......which IS THE END GAME.

any more brain Busters?

they never promised you would smack the squig on the head to wear it...imagine how much time (based on the trailer) it would take during rvr? are you nuts? But you still can wear it and use it for armor and attack :D best skill ever imho..and i have no intention of being a squig herder, but that skill rocks lol

sydric

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:02:50 AM#13
Originally posted by miagisan

if you watched the gamesday podcasts, they said that SOME quests will remember what you killed (such as kill collectors) but most wont

SOME? uh hmm out of the 150 quests ive done none have offered that kind of feature.

i havnt payed much attention to the vids and the promisis that some of the dev's said.

Did they actualy say that? if so then wow that would be a awesome feature

Arcken

Apprentice Member

Lets face it, MMOs today are turning into single player console games with a chat box included.

9/10/08 1:05:20 AM#14

You know you are a carebear when you play an RvR game and complain about the PvE mechanics.

miagisan

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:05:24 AM#15

even at level 1 you should have encountered a kill master npc. every time you kill something new you should get to turn it in to him and get xp

Netspook

Advanced Member

9/10/08 1:29:57 AM#16

OP, you're STILL whining about everything at this site?

I thought you said:

"Ok, enough - I am turning my back on MMORPG.com, it has degenerated too far"

Well, at least it was game related this time, and not about American politics...

User Deleted
9/10/08 1:30:40 AM#17

To those who have to bring WoW in every thread, grow up, or learn better skills of discussion.  WoW is a good game, dismissing it won't make you look good.  Likewise, there are other forms of discussions without the need to refer to WoW.  Learn the other forms.

To the OP: you are slightly paranoid.  WAR offers a lot of gaming style.  Basically, you can go out and kill other players of the other side and still loot and level up.  THIS is already a big departure from the other games of the past.  PVE loots and gains from PVPing.

Killing mobs is part of every MMO.  You learn about the game and your class as you practice.  You got a chance to figure out the placement of spells, what to place on which hot bar, and design macros for your play style.  You can pull a mob to test you skills and new tactics.  Why such complains when a quest ask you to kill 10 pigs?  This is unlike the reputation quest of some other games, in which you have to grind 2 months on the same few mobs to get certain level of reputation.  So far in WAR I have not encountered such a quest.  So far.

If you look at the other features of WAR, its pretty neat and varied so far, and its only pre-release.  They promise the cities and the missing classes, they need time to shape them out.  We are already impatient enough waiting for the release to come, and we want to play as they work on the missing pieces.  If you think that the missing pieces are too vital to you, take your time and wait.  You can join when all the vital features you want are in game.  In the meantime, we can enjoy the game as it stands.

Yes the missing tank is a bit annoying.  I decided to try dwarves just b/c there is a tank class there.

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

OP  9/10/08 1:35:50 AM#18

Lol, the warhammeralliance mod Browncoat constantly locks my question threads. I wonder in what Developers rearside he spends his time to get that name.

They are afraid. After the GOAway desaster and the cuts their nerves are blank. Understandable, but it all smells. I have heard of too many people being banned, edited and thread-locked on the supported WAR forums to grow suspicious. Seems they did not only copy WOWs graphics but Blizzards customer dealing as well. Huzzah.

You think I bash? Gawd, I havent even STARTED. This is a small, polite remark. If I get nasty you see the difference, trust me.

Netspook

Advanced Member

9/10/08 1:39:21 AM#19
Originally posted by Elikal

If I get nasty you see the difference, trust me.

Yeah, we know.

200 GB wall of text incoming, as usual.

Keeper2000

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:42:24 AM#20
Originally posted by Elikal

Lol, the warhammeralliance mod Browncoat constantly locks my question threads. I wonder in what Developers rearside he spends his time to get that name.

They are afraid. After the GOAway desaster and the cuts their nerves are blank. Understandable, but it all smells. I have heard of too many people being banned, edited and thread-locked on the supported WAR forums to grow suspicious. Seems they did not only copy WOWs graphics but Blizzards customer dealing as well. Huzzah.

You think I bash? Gawd, I havent even STARTED. This is a small, polite remark. If I get nasty you see the difference, trust me.

May I advice you to post it in the VN boards, Mark Jacobs read and write in there.  Maybe he answers you.  I would advice too that you rewrite it so it's more diplomatic.

Personally, I dont think you are bashing but you are just saying your opinion and expressing your frustration on a feature that you (like me) understood it will be in game.  Maybe the difference is that I dont care about it and you do.

I think you may be looking for an answer and maybe posting in VN will give it to you.  Of course, I may be totally wrong.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search