Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,226 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,798
NHN Games
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 10/06/06)  | Pub:Webzen Inc.
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArchLord Forum » General Discussion » Are you serious?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
87 posts found
  ShinyJon

Novice Member

9/23/06 10:35:12 PM#41
Have any of you ever read the Dr. Seuss book where there's a war going on between those who think butter should be on top of the toast and those who think butter should be on the bottom?
  IdesofMarch

Novice Member

[insert witty quote]

9/23/06 10:48:30 PM#42

Originally posted by ShinyJon
Have any of you ever read the Dr. Seuss book where there's a war going on between those who think butter should be on top of the toast and those who think butter should be on the bottom?

The Butter Battle Book. Are you saying this thread is about mutually assured destruction and nuclear weapons? I missed that part.

bigoberly

Novice Member

If your opponent is of choleric temperment, seek to irritate him.
Sun Tzo

9/24/06 7:32:48 AM#43

Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by xIMPx
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think the WASD controls your characters movement. 
NO! Really? :P

No what I meant is that WASD adds some more "Twitch" to movement. this is important in games like shooters, but MMORPG´s don´t have any twitch in them.

Any game that has pvp in it needs WASD to work well. I know 1 big problem with the  click to move controls if you cannt click on the ground you cant move, after all ther are going to be big wars in this game write.

I know what your going to say well click on the person you want to kill and you will move to them well what if you are trying to move away, with the click movement you have less control over your guy it take longer to get around an obstical like a tree if you are write on top of it you have to move in strate lines.

Anuther thing is WASD lest you straef this lest you look around you and still see whats in frunt of you.

My point is if the game was all pve the click to move would be fine but for pvp its not a good movement system.

IIRL

Novice Member

9/24/06 12:54:13 PM#44
Face of Mankind is an MMORPG with FPS combat or you can switch to third... The game empathies on roleplaying to it's truest.

I remember executing an assassination in brooklyn mall and comeplete lockdown was iniated. :DD

I CREATED MYSELF!
<3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

LostGrace

Novice Member

9/24/06 3:51:47 PM#45
WASD sucks.

IdesofMarch

Novice Member

[insert witty quote]

9/24/06 4:00:55 PM#46

Originally posted by LostGrace
WASD sucks IMO, which differs from millions of other people.  =]

eadu

Novice Member

OP  9/24/06 5:25:30 PM#47

All of you have completely misunderstood this thread....I didn't start it to be a WASD vs. Point/Click.

I started the thread because the movement is so blocky, choppy, unsmooth, and extremely unpleasant. It feels like you move in sqaures e.g. - the sqaures in a game like Civilization.

It doesn't feel like a 2006 game....it feels like a 1992 game.

IdesofMarch

Novice Member

[insert witty quote]

9/24/06 5:46:18 PM#48

Originally posted by eadu

All of you have completely misunderstood this thread....I didn't start it to be a WASD vs. Point/Click.

I started the thread because the movement is so blocky, choppy, unsmooth, and extremely unpleasant. It feels like you move in sqaures e.g. - the sqaures in a game like Civilization.

It doesn't feel like a 2006 game....it feels like a 1992 game.

No, we understood it. It's just that the conversation changed and people got into it. This happens when a  subject such as WASD vs. point-and-click is brought up.

As for blocky and choppy...I don't know about that. It isn't perfect but it's far from horrible in my gaming experiences.

Kuzama

Apprentice Member

9/24/06 8:32:57 PM#49

awful!  Why would I want to run straightforward everywhere instead of sidestepping, strafing, walking backwards, and most importantly, JUMPING!  I can't believe my ears.  I honestly would have said that no one on earth would choose point and click over WASD.  It blows my mind.  In fact, I think your lying!  You must be!  I...I....did I mention I can't believe my ears?  I think they're bleeding...yep, yep, they're bleeding.

Wow.....just wow.     

Originally posted by Gable
GAMELOADING?!  Are you crazy?  Do you realize what a tiny, tiny minority you're by thinking that WASD is oudated?  Point and click is awful!  Ludicrously

really? shall we look at the facts?

Lineage 2: Point & click game, 1,5 million subscribers
Lineage: Point & click game, 1,5 million subscribers

and then I don't even include hundreds of other MMO's in Korea. the majority of mmo players prefer point & click over WASD. (this is a wild geuss, but most likely is true. it is impossible to count the free to play MMO players)

Why would I want to strafe, move backwards (when you can just turn around instantly in Point & click) and jump, when it is NOT necisary?

*cough* WoW is WASD and sold over 6 MILLION copies *cough*

Also the same 1.5 mil that played L1 bought L2... oh wait *cough*

obscured

Novice Member

9/24/06 9:06:17 PM#50
i dont think WASD or point & click make somenoe buy a game or not.. GET SERIUS
  IdesofMarch

Novice Member

[insert witty quote]

9/24/06 9:59:23 PM#51

Originally posted by obscured
Actually, there probably are those out there that one-sided on the issue. It wouldn't surprise me anyways.

Kuzama

Apprentice Member

9/24/06 10:37:12 PM#52
I played L2 and SB but i do prefer wasd. the PnC is alright but i dont think that WASD has no place in MMO's.
and as for being able to spam skills when useing wasd, i have never had a problem but im only speaking for myself.
Anyway to argue over this is silly and im getting sucked into it lol.
  Pila

Apprentice Member

9/28/06 9:19:01 PM#53
anyone ever changed the keymap ?? i changed my movement to the arrow keys and it works fine for me , the turning is still not smooth and the strifing takes a bit to get used to but its better than some other games i have played.
  sbowling

Novice Member

9/30/06 3:03:20 AM#54

just use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.

I'd have to say that ypu are even more retarded than the crappy message board system they use here. The point and click method gives absolutely no freedom and kills any kind of emersion into the game. On top of that the whole point and click thing was old when games were still being played under DOS. There really isn't anything that beats the WASD + mouse navigation system and it shows by how poor all these Asian mmos are doing. I'm not agains having point and click as a option for the "slower" players, but it should definitely not be the only option. Like all the other Asian MMO's I've played the game looks good, but is completely lacking in content and point and click navigation system makes it unplayable. It's back to WOW until WAR comes out.
  sbowling

Novice Member

9/30/06 3:07:51 AM#55

Originally posted by obscured

Well, you're not too smart then. The navigation system is the MOST important part of the game. If that sucks, the rest of the game doesn't matter. I spent about 20 minutes in the game and just couldn't deal with the crappy navigation system. I'm just glad I didn't pay for this before I found this out. The game also has severe issues with dual core CPUs.
  Gorilla

Old School

9/30/06 5:30:05 AM#56

just use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.
  I'm afraid you are wrong on both counts. (and that is not an opinion it is a fact). Point and click pre-dates WASD by a couple of generations. Point and click plain does not work under certain circumstances. For exmple if there isn't a clear place to click due to a other players standing there or due to the worlds geometry. Dunno whether archlord has dungeons (I wont struggle with a P&C after strugling with LoA) but go to a dunegon and try and navigate round corners tough isn't it? Now try doing it with other players standing there, practicaly impossible.

Gameloading

Novice Member

9/30/06 7:51:00 AM#57

Originally posted by sbowling

I'd have to say that ypu are even more retarded than the crappy message board system they use here. The point and click method gives absolutely no freedom and kills any kind of emersion into the game. On top of that the whole point and click thing was old when games were still being played under DOS. There really isn't anything that beats the WASD + mouse navigation system and it shows by how poor all these Asian mmos are doing. I'm not agains having point and click as a option for the "slower" players, but it should definitely not be the only option. Like all the other Asian MMO's I've played the game looks good, but is completely lacking in content and point and click navigation system makes it unplayable. It's back to WOW until WAR comes out.

yes, you don't agree with my view so your "retarded" Point & click DOES give you freedom. EVERYWHERE you can get with WASD, you can also get with Point & click, get a clue emersion? Maybe you don't get it, but speak for yourself. also, asian mmorpg's doing bad? get your facts right before you open your mouth. Most asian MMORPG's are doing MUCH better then western MMO's. In total, there are much more Point & click MMORPG players then WASD MMORPG players.

If you have to insult people because they have a diffrent view then yours, then yes, you made the right decision. Go back to WoW and STAY there. 36 and still insulting people for having a diffrent opinion, downright pathetic.
  Gameloading

Novice Member

9/30/06 7:56:02 AM#58

Originally posted by Gorilla

I'm afraid you are wrong on both counts. (and that is not an opinion it is a fact). Point and click pre-dates WASD by a couple of generations. Point and click plain does not work under certain circumstances. For exmple if there isn't a clear place to click due to a other players standing there or due to the worlds geometry. Dunno whether archlord has dungeons (I wont struggle with a P&C after strugling with LoA) but go to a dunegon and try and navigate round corners tough isn't it? Now try doing it with other players standing there, practicaly impossible.

Age doesn't make a system outdated. what I meant is that WASD is there for no reason, other then that for some reason people want to use WASD over point & click. the chance you don't have clear space is absolutely minimal. Corners with lots of people? No problem. turn your camera slighty above your character, problem fixed.
  euangelion

Novice Member

9/30/06 1:45:48 PM#59
I agree, WASD for FPS and Point and Click for RPGs.

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
Currently Playing: Tera

Oronwe

Novice Member

give a man fire n he´s warm for a day, set him on fire, he´ll be warm for the rest of his life

10/01/06 7:07:09 AM#60
mhh...imo for Archlord Point n Click will do the trick for itsself...for others games i´m not sure though...when you have a combatsystem, that allows you to attack sideways or from behind you might wanna strafe around your enemy and attack from behind....especially in combatzones/realm vs realm zones i like the fact of slowly moving,,turning and strafing around so i can get a better perspective on who is where and whats happening around me. Point n Click just minimizes this.

Also, spoken about dungeons. Lets say...mobs have a gro range right? and just there you are limitted in point n clicking cause you can only move  in squares or diagonal to get around mobs,....with a smoth wasd movement n strafe you can easily get through such things.

At last i think it just depends on the player what he prefers and what kind of mmorpg he is or was playing first. But i think the "X is outdatet, Y rules" - discussion is senseless though i think both movement types have the right to exist....
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search