Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,009 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,420
NHN Games
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 10/06/06)  | Pub:Webzen Inc.
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArchLord Forum » General Discussion » Are you serious?

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
87 posts found
  eadu

Novice Member

OP  9/21/06 3:20:43 PM#1

If you've played this game and you think the character movement system/physics is ok then you really need to play some current games. The movement feels like this game was made 15 years ago, completely unacceptable and unplayable.

Gameloading

Novice Member

9/21/06 3:25:45 PM#2
just use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.
  eadu

Novice Member

OP  9/21/06 3:36:41 PM#3

I'm not talking about what keys/mouse button are used to move, I'm talking about the WAY that you move. It's boxy, it feels like you move in 'sqaures', not to mention the lack of smooth strafing.

It looks and feels like I'm playing a game on my old Atari 2600.

GW is horrible and yet is immensely better than this game, WoW has many many problems but is light years ahead of this game.

xIMPx

Novice Member

9/21/06 3:39:36 PM#4

Originally posted by Gameloading
just use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.
I sooo disagree with you.
  DeletedAcct

Apprentice Member

9/21/06 3:44:57 PM#5

Originally posted by xIMPx

Originally posted by Gameloadingjust use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.

As do I. WASD is the only way to play::::20::

Gameloading

Novice Member

9/21/06 3:57:18 PM#6

Many do, But I personally feel WASD is SO outdated. there really is no point to use WASD movement.
  xIMPx

Novice Member

9/21/06 4:01:36 PM#7
Isn't point and click older than WASD?
  Gameloading

Novice Member

9/21/06 4:03:36 PM#8

Isn't point and click older than WASD?
I'm not sure, could be possible. but WASD has no purpose in MMORPG's. thats why I feel its outdated.
  xIMPx

Novice Member

9/21/06 4:19:53 PM#9
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think the WASD controls your characters movement. 
  Gameloading

Novice Member

9/21/06 4:24:31 PM#10

I'm not 100 percent sure but I think the WASD controls your characters movement. 
NO! Really? :P

No what I meant is that WASD adds some more "Twitch" to movement. this is important in games like shooters, but MMORPG´s don´t have any twitch in them.
  Tinybina

Apprentice Member

9/21/06 5:14:07 PM#11

No what I meant is that WASD adds some more "Twitch" to movement. this is important in games like shooters, but MMORPG´s don´t have any twitch in them.

So MMORPG's like Planetside, Neocron 1 and 2, Endless Ages, The Chronicles of Spellborn, Face of Mainkind, etc dont have any twitch in them?

There is a old saying you know, if you dont know what your talking about. Don't talk.

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Sixpax

Novice Member

9/21/06 6:43:31 PM#12
I don't see a problem with having click-to-move, but at LEAST have a decent WASD movement system.  WASD may be outdate (although I can't say I agree with that), but it is pretty much a standard among non-korean MMORPG's... and since they implemented it into A/L already, why not make it work properly? Why settle for some half-assed job of it?  Of course most everything in A/L is half-assed.

MMO games would be pretty cool if it weren't for the people.

Galaxiaceles

Novice Member

9/21/06 7:17:45 PM#13
I played / am playing current MMO's .. I"m going to tell you the movement is okay. Its not great .. its not horrible .. it's simply ... ok. I've played more than enough to tell you up front .. it's okay ... am I serious? Yup. 
  IdesofMarch

Novice Member

[insert witty quote]

9/21/06 7:39:22 PM#14

Originally posted by Galaxiaceles
I played / am playing current MMO's .. I"m going to tell you the movement is okay. Its not great .. its not horrible .. it's simply ... ok. I've played more than enough to tell you up front .. it's okay ... am I serious? Yup. 

We can all agree that the WASD movement in this game is awkward and not very effective/good. I could tell you that after my first few minutes in the game. I hope it gets reworked to accomidate those who prefer that movement style because for me personally I prefer WASD a lot more then point and click, and I'm surely not the only one who thinks that way. That control scheme is less hassle to me. The point-and-click in the game works a-ok though and the only downside is that you get caught on things sometimes, but it's rather easily avoided.

I'm not sure, could be possible. but WASD has no purpose in MMORPG's. thats why I feel its outdated.

It has purpose to people who prefer it and many do. I'm more comfortable moving with WASD and using the mouse to target enemies/allies as well as use skills and magic.

ender1776

Novice Member

9/21/06 9:51:24 PM#15
Well, I think we should all go back to mud days, and use text commands to move. 'FORWARD' 'LOOK LEFT' 'USE SWORD'
We can integrate this with mouse clicking, so instead of hitting enter, you type the command, and click. We can even make it the best of both worlds, where all the commands only consist of WASD letters.  And I'm at a loss as to how point and click is better in a real time game. Not everyone plays sitting at a desktop. I spend most of my time playing on a laptop in bed while my wife snores silently beside me. This means wasd and touch pad. I can't imagine a game where I'm consantly clicking away just to get from point a to point b.
  Gameloading

Novice Member

9/22/06 6:21:43 AM#16

Originally posted by Tinybina

So MMORPG's like Planetside, Neocron 1 and 2, Endless Ages, The Chronicles of Spellborn, Face of Mainkind, etc dont have any twitch in them?

There is a old saying you know, if you dont know what your talking about. Don't talk.

Planetside, Necron, Endless ages and Face of Mankind are MMOFPS (where Face of mankind is not an mmofps, but its an mmoshooter),not MMORPG's. The Chronicles of Spellborn isn't even out yet, so today, there are very few mmorpg's that have twitch based gameplay. and those that do SHOULD use WASD movement, but for most MMORPG's there is no twitch involved,so there is no reason to use WASD gameplay wise.couldn't you figure that out yourself?

Maybe you should follow that old saying of yours, Tinybina, before you make yourself look like a fool.
  Gameloading

Novice Member

9/22/06 6:24:41 AM#17

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Originally posted by Galaxiaceles

We can all agree that the WASD movement in this game is awkward and not very effective/good. I could tell you that after my first few minutes in the game. I hope it gets reworked to accomidate those who prefer that movement style because for me personally I prefer WASD a lot more then point and click, and I'm surely not the only one who thinks that way. That control scheme is less hassle to me. The point-and-click in the game works a-ok though and the only downside is that you get caught on things sometimes, but it's rather easily avoided.

It has purpose to people who prefer it and many do. I'm more comfortable moving with WASD and using the mouse to target enemies/allies as well as use skills and magic.

Yet when we talk in terms of the game, then WASD has no place in MMO's because it is not needed. Point & click has much more advantages over WASD movement.

EliasThorne

Novice Member

9/22/06 6:29:14 AM#18
IMO - WASD offers much better control than PnC as you're not reling on the games pathing.

Onto the orginal question - yes the movement sucks, thats why its a game in my wake!

Currently Playing: GW2
Currently Following: Elder Scrolls Online
Games in my wake: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Asheron’s Call, Asheron’s Call 2, City of Heroes, Dark Age of Camelot (SI to Catacombs), DDO, EVE Online, EverQuest II (beta), Guild Wars, Horizons, Lineage II,LORTO, Rift, RF Online (beta), RYL, Saga of Ryzon, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, WAR, WoW

IdesofMarch

Novice Member

[insert witty quote]

9/22/06 12:18:41 PM#19

Yet when we talk in terms of the game, then WASD has no place in MMO's because it is not needed. Point & click has much more advantages over WASD movement.

To you it's not needed and to you it has more advantages. Not to me though. WASD for me is so much tighter and easier to maneuver with. I've played with both types enough to know what works best for me. Everyone is different and while point-and-click is your preference for others WASD is the best form of control.

Why do you think games offer both styles or allow for control customization? Not because they have nothing better to do in development, that's for sure. The demand is there for both schemes and I think both should be supported. So to say WASD has no place in MMORPG's is just silly.

Suitepee

Novice Member

Darkfall fanboy.

9/22/06 1:14:29 PM#20

WASD movement not needed in MMO's? Stick to your Archlord defending Gameloading.

WOW,love it or hate it,had WASD movement. So do many other MMO's,and when they're not in it's complained about. (Shadowbane for example) Even CM is aiming to fix the WASD movement in Archlord.

I prefer WASD > click movement anyday.

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search