Trending Games | Swordsman | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,790 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,513
NHN Games
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 10/06/06)  | Pub:Webzen Inc.
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

ArchLord Forum » General Discussion » Are you serious?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
87 posts found
  Jimberfly

Novice Member

10/01/06 3:50:12 PM#61

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/97120

Looks like WASD isnt dead quite yet...maybe do some research before you say its pointless and most people use PnC.

Gameloading

Novice Member

10/01/06 4:20:12 PM#62

Originally posted by Jimberfly

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/97120

Looks like WASD isnt dead quite yet...maybe do some research before you say its pointless and most people use PnC.

Nobody ever said that WASD movement is dead, maybe you should read a little more carefully.

And was that poll supposed to prove your point? Yes, the few posters that voted in that poll really show what people use most of the time [/sarcasm].

For your information, as you clearly didn't do any research, there are a good 30 million Asian MMORPG players who all play Point & click (besides the 2.5m playing WoW) because WASD movement was banished years ago, as unlike western gamers, eastern gamers DID realise that WASD is pointless in an mmorpg that has no twitch based gameplay.
  Oronwe

Novice Member

give a man fire n he´s warm for a day, set him on fire, he´ll be warm for the rest of his life

10/02/06 5:56:59 AM#63

Originally posted by Gameloading

there are a good 30 million Asian MMORPG players who all play Point & click

Just because a certain movement system wasnt implemented in one region (Asia) doesn´t mean that another one is outdated. The developers from those Korean rpgs might have been at the state "hey, we don´t need wasd in our games, but although on the other side, just try to have a good pvp-fight with point n click when you´re a rogue, swashbuckler or Mercenary where you have to attack from any other side than frontways or dont have autoattack....it´s just nearly impossible to do so....

So, i think it realy depends on what you play but stating that wasd is outdatet through the whole mmorpgs out there is clearly wrong. Like you can´t say "nobody eats meat anymore thesedays, because there are 25 million vegetarians" ...same thing ....
  Gameloading

Novice Member

10/02/06 10:04:22 AM#64

Originally posted by Oronwe

there are a good 30 million Asian MMORPG players who all play Point & click

Just because a certain movement system wasnt implemented in one region (Asia) doesn´t mean that another one is outdated. The developers from those Korean rpgs might have been at the state "hey, we don´t need wasd in our games, but although on the other side, just try to have a good pvp-fight with point n click when you´re a rogue, swashbuckler or Mercenary where you have to attack from any other side than frontways or dont have autoattack....it´s just nearly impossible to do so....

So, i think it realy depends on what you play but stating that wasd is outdatet through the whole mmorpgs out there is clearly wrong. Like you can´t say "nobody eats meat anymore thesedays, because there are 25 million vegetarians" ...same thing ....

I'll admit, for Rogue classes WASD usually work better for PVP, but thas really the only class and situation it really wins.
I never said WASD should be removed from games, I said from a technical standpoint, its not necisary in mmorpg and has less possibilities then point & click.

Also, WASD movement was implanted in asia. in fact,quite some WASD movement mmorpgs were released in asia, but they all closed down (well most of them, not all)
  Oronwe

Novice Member

give a man fire n he´s warm for a day, set him on fire, he´ll be warm for the rest of his life

10/02/06 10:23:21 AM#65
...and as i know..rpg doesnt just consist of mages,warriors n Archers....so...as long as there will be hideous, sneaky classes, wasd wont be outdatet 
  Rubiade

Novice Member

10/02/06 1:51:19 PM#66
Point and click is the only movement option in low quality games because the programmers werent able to set free key options for the customers personal needs.
Lower customisation  is always a step back!

Beside this point and click is the way you move, target, attack and communicate with npc in Archlord.
What by its nature to have one mouse action for several purposes causes chaos and actions the player did not want to perform ( for example archers that run into the mob that they originally wanted to target ).
  wormstla

Novice Member

10/02/06 4:01:46 PM#67

Originally posted by Rubiade 
( for example archers that run into the mob that they originally wanted to target ).

"Tab" 3

Learn how to play before complain.

Oronwe

Novice Member

10/02/06 6:27:00 PM#68
you have to customize TAB though, to function it correctly....not sure right now, may be they fixed it, but before the last patch it was only targettin "some" enemy, whether next nor last
but  i get outa this discussion though it seems pretty useless, as i already said..depends on the game and play-experience what you choose to play with...
  Canis

Apprentice Member

10/03/06 6:09:08 PM#69

Oh my all those anime Asian fanbois infesting every forums for Asian MMOs and spamming their praise. How much do they pay you guys again?

LilithIshtar

Novice Member

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...

10/03/06 9:16:08 PM#70

Originally posted by Canis

Oh my all those anime Asian fanbois infesting every forums for Asian MMOs and spamming their praise. How much do they pay you guys again?

Grow up before you decide to post something. Or at least read what you type before clicking "post message."

Fanbois? LOL.

No need to cry just because we don't agree with your OPINION and happen to like a game you do not. Welcome to the real world where not everything will go your way, and where not everyone thinks or even wants to think the same way as you.

^^

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

Astares

Novice Member

10/03/06 10:09:55 PM#71

I prefer to use both WASD and Point and Click movement wherever available in a game, I can live without PnC but not WASD or rather WASD+Mouselook. WASD is the best method of doing precise movements, especially navigating carefully around high level aggro mobs in a tight space, doing positional attacks etc. PnC is the best method of traversing unobstructed distances, beats WASD+Autorun hands down, just sit back and a few PnCs later you've covered a ton of ground and delayed carpal tunnel syndrome in your left hand a little be longer.

I also want both working properly. As the original poster said the WASD movement in Archlord is below average and needs improvement, I agree.

Canis

Apprentice Member

10/04/06 4:38:35 PM#72

Originally posted by LilithIshtar

Originally posted by Canis

Grow up before you decide to post something. Or at least read what you type before clicking "post message."

Fanbois? LOL.

No need to cry just because we don't agree with your OPINION and happen to like a game you do not. Welcome to the real world where not everything will go your way, and where not everyone thinks or even wants to think the same way as you.

^^

You can't seriously clasify a game like Archlord as quality... just look at the 5.9 rating here on the site. And the theory of Anime loving asians hyping the game may not be so unbelievable. I can't see anyone paying to play such a sub standart game!
  User Deleted
10/04/06 5:44:02 PM#73

just use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.

"WASD is way to outdated"

is that stated as an opionion or as a fact?

Gameloading

Novice Member

10/04/06 6:50:16 PM#74

Originally posted by ValiumSummer

just use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.

"WASD is way to outdated"

is that stated as an opionion or as a fact?

fact.
  Rubiade

Novice Member

10/07/06 5:30:32 AM#75
Tab is bugged !
Please do not talk this rude to me. I was nice as well.
Personal insults are impertinent and not appropriate.

I highly dislike comments like yours, backed up with nothing because you obvisously did not play the game even.
If you tab it targets randomly: can be your pet, can be the corpse of the pet your mate killed, can be a mob far, far away, can be the mob another guy fights even, it is rarely the nearest mob.
In this game there is also no precise targettting, even if tab would work, what makes you think an archer wants to target the nearest mob?
Are you new in MMORPG?

Again: Quality games always offer customisation because there is no standard. A good gaming company never forces their customers to play on fixed key settings. In Archlord this is plus the game isnt able to support all the refresh rate settings for your monitor. Another bug that did not get fixed - and it is an alpha bug, not a beta one.
But who cares. Not the fanbois.
Those say Point and Click is standard, tab works fine and go insult people .

Originally posted by wormstla

Originally posted by Rubiade 
( for example archers that run into the mob that they originally wanted to target ).

"Tab" 3

Learn how to play before complain.

Draq

Novice Member

Heroes always arrive late.

10/07/06 6:37:22 AM#76
That would be true if the tab targetting worked in a predictable way. It always targetted the furthest enemy from me for some reason. I just played it the way it was apparently meant to be played. Overhead view, zoomed all the way out, point and cilck the whoile way.

As far as WASD keyboard controls, I just map them to my joypad using xmapper.
  headcache

Novice Member

10/07/06 8:19:24 AM#77

Gameloading, you make little sense to me. You continually say "from a technical standpoint, WASD is not necessary" because point-and-click works. Well hell, based on that logic point-and-click isn't necessary because WASD works. You also seem pretty closed-minded on the whole subject. Most folks arguing against you aren't arguing against point-and-click movement, but against that being the only option.

From a purely technical standpoint, you should simply consider the input bandwidth available for a task to determine the better solution. The WASD system uses four keys in addition to the mouse for movement, therefore it would win for movement, at a sacrifice of other abilities. Pure point-and-click wins on ability triggering, at a sacrifice of movement and often targeting.

Both methods' weaknesses can be compensated for, usually one more easily than the other depending on the player, the game being played, and the sub-game (character class) being played.

Personally, I prefer ESDF (slide the WASD over) and then mapping abilities to the keys around there (123456 QWRT AG ZXCVB). This gives me the most input bandwidth my hands can handle, and keeps my hand on the keys it would naturally be on when typing, making the switch to chat very quick. I also tend to map seldom used, but important nonetheless, abilities to the num-pad, where my mouse hand can quickly jump over to trigger them.

I can easily imagine non-melee classes being played more effectively with point-and-click movement, as spell abilities need more bandwidth than quick movements. But nearly all melee classes need much more bandwidth on the movement, where keyboard/mouse combo wins. I can imagine a rogue being played well by a point-and-clicker, but they'd have to be damn good and would almost certainly be even better if they could train themselves to use keyboard movement as well.

dadown

Apprentice Member

10/07/06 10:41:59 PM#78
I use both PnC and WASD, but unless there is intellegent pathing, PnC can have serious problems.  In AL the PnC is dumb.  I was frequently getting hung up by a rock or a post that was in the direct line path to the target.  Have you ever tried using PnC to go up or down a spiral staircase or ramp?  Without good pathing, its a real pain.  With WASD its no problem.
WoW defaults to WASD, but it also supports simple PnC.  I use PnC to traverse very laggy areas when WASD might overshoot the target, but use WASD 95% of the time.  My prefered way to navigate a tricky area is to use 'W' to move forward and stear with the mouse (holding the button down).
  Joshua69

Novice Member

It''s not the fall that kill''s you. its the sudden stop at the end....

10/07/06 11:03:42 PM#79
I think it depends on the game, how PvP and PvE is dealth with. for example, Point and Click in WoW would enver ever vever vevreververvevvv work. being a mage in WoW it was important to move around to exactly where i wanted to be quick and jump etc.

point and click in Archlord is alright, but like the first post said, the game is very very blocky and I HATE that, but I love the idea so much that ill try it retail...anyway, i dont see much use for WASD for Archlord although it would be nice, pointing and clicking is fine and is nice being an archer, i can click far away and move the view as I please and what not when kiteing.

the game isnt as "smooth" as WoW, you cant move in the "smoothness" at least not yet. I think there are going to be alot of changes in patches with Archlord.
  Idgi

Novice Member

10/31/10 11:26:53 AM#80
Geez I came here looking for info on PnC games cuz the camera shots of WASD games mess with my equilibrium & make me sick, so I obviously can't play them.

Unfortunately I can't get past the pissin' contests going on here to actually get any info. Seems the ego's need a cold shower. Try to remember...if you really ARE something, you don't have to try so hard to prove it. Since much of our opinions about a game are subjective, then there really is no right or wrong answer, it's just a matter of taste.

So if anyone here has any valid info on a good PnC game I'd love to hear about it. If you're just here to flame & try to make yourself look cool, save it, you've only made yourself irrelevant.
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search