Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Hearthstone | Skyforge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,609 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,065
Castle Thorn Software / Nexeon Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 09/21/07)  | Pub:Castle Thorn Software / Nexeon Technologies
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

StarQuest Online Forum » General Discussion » First day in game

1 posts found
  dryice4476

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 5:52:36 PM#1

Just a brief look at what it was like my first day in game:

"Computer, begin recording...."

"Personal Log, Lt. Cornelius Rayburn reporting."

"I've just spent my first official day aboard the UAS Intrepid and I think most of the crew could tell I was new blood!

It all started yesterday morning when I stopped into the Starfleet recruitment center for my physical and preliminary screening. After a couple of hours, I was informed that my application was processed and approved and that I had cleared my physical and was officially ready to begin training. Right off the bat the nerves flew as I was trying to make sense of everything, luckily the personnel at the training academy were very helpful for preparing me for what I probably will be seeing in the my first assignment. After a lengthy day of simulations and reading, I received my first official orders from a Rear Admiral Rend, informing me I had been assigned to the 2nd fleet under his command. If I was nervous before, it certainly paled in comparison to the reality that I was about to be putting my training to real use. I can't even remember the response I sent the Admiral when I received the orders, I just hope I didn't say anything to stupid in my first response!

I made my way to the main starfleet building and took a brief tour, brief because within the hour I ran into an intrepid crewmember who had asked whether I was assigned to the Intrepid as well... I think his name was Ensign Kar. I told him I wasn't quite sure, and that I had received a notice that I was assigned to the 2nd fleet. He laughed and told me that the Intrepid was a 2nd fleet vessel. Moments later, Lt. Commander Harper teleported down to apparently bring both of us aboard the Intrepid for assignment. All 3 of us proceeded outside where we teleported aboard the intrepid.

The simulations just don't do the Intrepid justice... the ship is MASSIVE and I felt like a rat trying to navigate a maze at first. Ensign Kar asked permission to return to his quarters, which was granted, and he departed for the evening. Lt. Commander Harper gave me a quick tour of the transporter area and had me secure my batteries, comm device, and scanner from the storage locker. I was then led by Lt. Commander Harper to what would soon become my new quarters here on Deck 8, Room 03. After securing the doors with my own security code, how humiliating would it be to forget it and lock myself out one day, Lt. Commander Harper was nice enough to give me a tour of the intrepid, covering engineering, security, the mess hall, the gym, sickbay, the science labs, the senior officer mess hall, and finally the bridge. I won't lie, I wasn't able to take in the sights too much as I was more worried about remembering deck numbers and sections! At the end of the tour, I asked for permission to return to my quarters, which was granted. On the way down, I managed to find my quarters in under 10 minutes, a feat I was proud of given my small time onboard. I turned in for the evening, eager to start my first official tour of duty.

The time arrived this morning for my first shift, I wasn't exactly sure where to begin so I thought I'd start the day in engineering trying to familiarize myself with the systems for when I begin console training. Unfortunately the engineering doors were locked on deck 11, so I decided instead to take a look at what was on the lower deck. I went to deck 16 and noticed one of the shield generators that was online. I thought it might be a good time to test my basic engineering skills to try to diagnose the current status of the generator. To my surprise, I saw it operating at 117% efficiency, and I wasn't quite sure if that was due to my intervention or if it had been that way. Not trusting my readings, I headed to the bridge to inform one of the officer's onduty of my findings. At present, there were no personnel available, so I headed to the engineering station where I ran an internal scan of all ship systems. Everything registered at 120% except for the ASG-K generator which was at about 118%. I plan to file this observation in my action report to inform the command staff. Upon confirmation, I continued a tour of the ship and noticed that the energency bridge door was unlocked. I wasn't quite sure if it should be, so this will be in the report as well. I finally headed to sickbay, my new home away from home, as I began to scan through the storage lockers and ensure that everything was well stocked. I didn't have much luck with my duty uniform yet, but I will try to get that situated as soon as possible. I finally headed to the gym to keep up on my cardiovascular strength before heading back to my quarters."

"So far, it's been an interesting first day!"

"Computer, end log."