Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,786,389 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,122
Castle Thorn Software / Nexeon Technologies | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 09/21/07)  | Pub:Castle Thorn Software / Nexeon Technologies
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

StarQuest Online Forum » General Discussion » Problems patching the game

4 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  9/06/08 4:34:56 PM#1

I've been itching for some sci fi action and decided to give this games trial a run to see if I like it installed quickly but when the patcher started it says I can't patch it since Vista only allows Administrator to patch it, not only is my account the admin but I tried it with two others on the system any tips?

TexSciFiChic

Novice Member

9/07/08 1:07:16 PM#2

Try this page from the SQO wikipedia:

http://www.castlethornsoftware.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting

I think your problem is that under Vista, even if you are an administrator, your programs don't run with administrator priviledges unless you tell Vista to do so every time you start a program

The message board community over there can help you out if the link doesn't work

Hope to see you ingame soon

User Deleted

OP  9/09/08 5:41:06 PM#3
Originally posted by TexSciFiChic

Try this page from the SQO wikipedia:

http://www.castlethornsoftware.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting

I think your problem is that under Vista, even if you are an administrator, your programs don't run with administrator priviledges unless you tell Vista to do so every time you start a program

The message board community over there can help you out if the link doesn't work

Hope to see you ingame soon

Great resource which worked like a charm

caemsg

Novice Member

i hate grinding alot

9/13/08 12:19:29 AM#4

yea that vista is a bugger to play alot of games with it stuffs up something cronic with my old machiene so i swapped it out for XP