Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,028 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,179
DOFUS (DOFUS)
Ankama Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/01/05)  | Pub:Ankama Studio
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$06.90
System Req: PC Mac Linux | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dofus Forum » General Discussion » Why does everybody hate it???

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Aeroangel

Novice Member

In the end it won't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

7/25/10 5:06:52 AM#21

I actually payed to play this one for a little while and spent some money on it, and I usually absolutely hate that type of combat in other games, but tolerated it in this one because it is timed I guess. Before I quit I just felt like it was too grindy, and I was beginning to get bored of the game. 

--------------------------
Playing:
Guild Wars!

andrew24p

Novice Member

8/09/10 3:34:54 PM#22
Originally posted by sullivanj69
Originally posted by k_bro

I think dofus is a brill game although i must admit people who are better than others always kill them especially ecfalips using there damn bluff, oh and they missed a character race of the list  pandwanas'drunkies'but apart from people who kill you its a good game ive played on dofus for ages now its a pretty good game9/10 rating from me its a game easy to get used to but it does get boring unless you have a subscription from about lv 18+ ideal game for new gamers and i want to give help to those who find it difficult so email me if you're not a member on here k_and_kjr_bros@yahoo.co.uk  And anyone who needs advice!!!

K and K jr

What the hell is a brill game? 

short for brilliant (credit to urban dictionary) I can has cookies ?

TweFoju

Tipster

9/16/10 12:16:15 AM#23

actually, as much as i hate classic MMO styles, which Dofus is, i must give credit to Ankama Studio for making it more different than most F2P games

i personally like Dofus visually and mechanics wise, but i never really bothered to download the game as i was playing WoW and EvE before, and always thought that playing Dofus will just be stupid,

but i quit EvE and WoW around last year and since im waiting for GW2, i finally gave Dofus a try

from what i know so far, Dofus is unique in it's own way:

it's small, yet it's complex

merchant mode when offline

you can barter stuff when you got no money which is quite nice imo

you can actually control Amakna

a lot of craft jobs, like baker and even a shoemaker

and etc

overall, for me, this game is good for those who wants to quit hardcore mmo and just enjoy some light MMO on the go, or to fill time at midnight

community is also okay.. not the best, but it's alive, for a game that is 5 years old, it's acceptable

and i never play a pokemon game before ( but from what i know, it's way different than the NDA pokemon game.. it;s not even on the same league )

So What Now?

massaffected

Novice Member

1/07/11 5:25:04 AM#24
Originally posted by Deleted User

Everybody hate it? What are you talking about? Dofus is the 2nd MMO in total number of subscribers. Check here: http://www.mmodata.net

Ankama, in contrast to many other developers, has brains and understands the market, that's why the game is turn based. Maybe most people prefer real time games but if 99.9% of the market is already full of these games, but only 1 game does turn based, who wins? Ankama ;)

I seem to recall the MMO Atlantica Online also having turn-based combat. (Also, all these grammatical errors!)

PyroGoddess

Novice Member

1/07/11 11:07:16 PM#25

I don't hate this game.  In fact, I'm addicted to it.  Haha.  I usually pay to play during summertimes, but then again, I'm an impulsive person.  One week, I'll be playing at least 10 hours a day.  Next week, I'm totally bored by it, just bullshitting around, not even playing at my best at anything.  In other words, I get bored easily.  However, I have my certain demons, and this game does help me keep these demons at bay.  I still enjoy it.  I just wish I could afford to pay.  :(  damn these bills.

SouzetsuAeri

Novice Member

1/07/11 11:16:29 PM#26

I liked the game but I could never stick to it. It was repetitive like Maple Story and it felt like a major time sink just to get anywhere.

BLueBEar

Novice Member

1/07/11 11:18:13 PM#27

because it's developed by the french

Oh my got!!!
i neber see a graphic of this before,
i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

1/07/11 11:24:18 PM#28

Really bad name.

No seriously.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

lthompson94

Novice Member

4/29/11 9:49:18 PM#29

The game has over 500k subs... so it's more popular than WAR, AoC, EVE, LoTRO, and many others.  I wouldn't say no one likes it.  Please don't be a whiner and ask me to cite where I got the number... you're grown-ups who all have access to google.  Oh well f*ck it... www.mmodata.net is a relatively reliable one to check if you really must.

Doubtful that those are US subs though.  But you know, the US isn't the end-all be-all of the industry. 

xaritscin

Apprentice Member

"Antherea Online will see the light, eventually"

7/09/12 10:41:35 AM#30

i hope this is not necroposting, but i wanted to leave my opinion here.

the problem with Dofus is that because its 2D environment and its tactical combat. as much as some people cannot understand the combat in EVE for example, most MMOs are based in action combat and overpowered 3D graphics, and it seems they cannot tolerate any MMO different than that.

i have played EVE, WoW, Lineage II, Aion and others and i can say that it gets boring after a time, Dofus instead has given me more hours to spend than in any other 3D MMO with action combat. why?, because its gameplay mechanics.

for the ones who complain about being grindy:

1. this game isnt quest focused

2. you dont get money killing monsters, the money is earn with the professions, and even with that, you have to deal with a player based economy.

3. you have to kill big groups of mobs in order to get more loot

4. this isnt your average gear based game, you have to distribute your stats and get an strategy depending of them.

5. the tactical based combat is more than just wait a few turns and punch the monsters, you have to actually use your brain in order to not get killed.

in a nutshell, this game isnt for the average LFR GOGOGO and the "this game uses unreal engine over 9000".......

Buttski

Advanced Member

7/09/12 10:59:08 AM#31

Malware warning and a guide from them to disable my antivirus program while installing is enough for me to see this game as a pos.

xaritscin

Apprentice Member

"Antherea Online will see the light, eventually"

7/11/12 1:11:27 PM#32
Originally posted by Buttski

Malware warning and a guide from them to disable my antivirus program while installing is enough for me to see this game as a pos.

that's strange, i have NOD32 and i installed it without problems, the only issue is a problem with the sound application, but looks like is an issue with Windows XP, since it runs very great in Windows 7.

Amana

MMORPG.COM Staff

7/26/12 9:23:27 AM#33

Locking this thread due to necroing.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

2 Pages « 1 2 Search