Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,683 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,036
Spellborn International
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 04/23/09)  | Pub:Frogster Interactive / Mindscape / Acclaim
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Chronicles of Spellborn Forum » General Discussion » i want back my beloved SPELLBORN!.. hell it was simply the best

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
58 posts found
  stragen001

Apprentice Member

Mr Flibble is VERY cross

2/13/11 3:26:15 PM#21
Originally posted by Skanomodu
Originally posted by paulrgod
Originally posted by Amarok44
Originally posted by stragen001

Still remember being repeatedly mauled by Tiny Tyke!

Such an evil little creature. Hated his guts.

Hehe nothing like being chased across Aldenvault by the most vicious doggy ever....

Yeah, first time I met tiny tike I was dead before I knew he was there xD

Yeah me too, the first time I ventured out of hawksmouth, literally the first thing I hit when I came through the gate was Tiny Tike, then I was dead. I remember thinking to myself WHOA this area is WAY harder than the starter area. LOL

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Mud_Monster

Novice Member

2/13/11 4:06:33 PM#22

I had good times in this game as well.  Is there still any hope of another publisher relaunching the game?  There was mention when it closed that it might be relaunched by someone else in early 2011, but I never saw who had picked up the game from Disney.

Skanomodu

Novice Member

2/14/11 8:51:57 AM#23
Originally posted by SagetheRage

I had good times in this game as well.  Is there still any hope of another publisher relaunching the game?  There was mention when it closed that it might be relaunched by someone else in early 2011, but I never saw who had picked up the game from Disney.

Well, this is a fansite for tcos: http://www.spellborn.org/ , and look at this thread here: http://www.spellborn.org/forum/index.php/topic,135.0.html . 

Nethermancer

Novice Member

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different"

2/14/11 8:55:44 AM#24

I would go back to it in a second. This game had many flaws but at its core it was so fun and the atmosphere was the best I have seen in an MMO.

I will always remember TCOS as my favorite MMO experience.

Playing: PO, EVE
Waiting for: WoD
Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

gracefield

Advanced Member

2/14/11 8:59:34 AM#25
Originally posted by Rockgod99
Two mmo's that I strongly believe should still be around. TCoS & TR both were ahead of their time and sadly snuffed out.

Had TR lived up to even half of the pre-launch hype, it might well still be around.

TCoS was killed before it event started thanks to the worst PR campaign since Hoover sent everyone to Florida...

AliceKaye

Novice Member

The rantings and ramblings of an MMO addict…

2/14/11 9:10:29 AM#26

I'd totally go back and give it another go if it re-launched. As much as I hate F2P crap, I'd still give it a go. It was a fun game & I thoroughly enjoyed the combat style.

xbot7

Novice Member

OP  2/17/11 7:02:26 PM#27

i see.. there are so many peopel who want to go back into theis very deeep world.

every single word or name we hear.. "open the wounds".. 

dont think many other worlds (aka "games") could do that.

thank u all spellborn lovers, for thinking this way!!

yours.

xbot7

Tyrantas

Apprentice Member

3/01/11 2:34:59 PM#28

Meh it was good...

Lydon

Hard Core Member

3/01/11 2:40:19 PM#29

The sound design alone was reason enough to play TCOS. It was so amazingly atmospheric. I really hope it's revived and gets the attention it deserves.

Faelsun

Novice Member

3/03/11 3:14:57 PM#30

The quests were fun I liked the combat and skill system alot. I had been part of the original forums and still remember fighting back and forth with some other guys over what kind of pvp or pve systems the game would have. Overall I like the atmosphere and player maturity so much I would have lived with whatever to be honest. I simply refuse to go back to any kind of WOWish themepark and am determined to find something similar in spirit to this game in the future. Sort of interested in where the old Spellborn players will go, I don't see them going to a WOW clone like Rift or AION and such, since the non gear grind was a merrit and a draw to the game.

Loke666

Elite Member

3/03/11 3:19:07 PM#31

Spellborn had some great ideas but it had just too little content. Some more races, a lot of more quests and zones and some improvement on the combat system should have been in the game.

The combat system had some good ideas but it felt like they never finnished it to me.

Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Bite my fiery metal ass!

3/03/11 3:36:43 PM#32

Can't forget the art style/direction. It certainly did have a very unique look to it.

This game, Earth & Beyond, and Tabula Rasa truly were killed before they should have been.

maskedweasel

Tipster

"Kids, try imagining how far the universe extends! Keep thinking about it until you go insane."

3/03/11 3:39:57 PM#33

I think the art style was possibly my favorite part about the game.  The combat was based on a great idea,  I just really did NOT like the execution,  and it really killed the game for me.   I think a little more refinement would have made this game a winner.  

I definitely miss Tabula Rasa more though.. I would have gone back to that game every so often.

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

Nethermancer

Novice Member

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different"

3/03/11 3:40:28 PM#34

TCOS had alot of  flaws but it was hands down the most immersive game i have ever played. I was actually excited about the lore and loved questing. It actually opened my eyes to how important lore is in a game. It made me leanr one of the big reasons I cant play WoW is b/c i could care less about the lore and world. WoW to me is as immersive as Farmville.

Playing: PO, EVE
Waiting for: WoD
Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Loke666

Elite Member

3/03/11 3:43:18 PM#35
Originally posted by Rednecksith

Can't forget the art style/direction. It certainly did have a very unique look to it.

This game, Earth & Beyond, and Tabula Rasa truly were killed before they should have been.

Agreed. The music was also very good.

But the game should have had another year ibn development to make enough content, or it should have been F2P at launch. There were just not enough to do to justify 15 bucks a month and that is the problem, together with the idea of putting Brits and Yanks together on the same server, that splitted up European guilds.

Cawickeng

Novice Member

3/03/11 7:21:04 PM#36

I thought they were gonna make it F2P with a CS.  what happened to that?

MadnessRealm

Elite Member

Ignorance is Bliss.

3/03/11 7:33:43 PM#37
Originally posted by Snailtrail

I saw the whole spellborn fiasco as more or less a foreign publisher keeping a dutch development company out of the market.  I neither dutch, nor  from whatever asian country Acclaim is.

It was a good game, it was uniqe, and it could have survived as a niche game.  But acclaim wanted the source code and killed the game when it wasnt going to be given up without a fight.  At least thats how i remember it all going down.  Feel free to correct me on any of this, it was a while ago since i played.

That's not what true at all.

TCoS was being published through 3 different publishers (Frogster, Mindscape and Acclaim). Soon after launch, Spellborn Interactive went bankrupt. The rights over TCoS was sold to Korean-based (or Chinese-based, not sure) company who decided to change it's model for a F2P one. Meanwhile, Acclaim decide to open it's servers for Free (it used to be a subscription game) and has remained open for over a year.  Around that time, Acclaim and Playdom were in negotiation which led to Playdom buying Acclaim to work on facebook games I believe. Acclaim closed TCoS and shutted down all of their other MMOs 2 months later I believe.

------
Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

Andraxx

Apprentice Member

3/03/11 7:47:40 PM#38

I really enjoyed the world - it's immersiveness, the atmospheric music, the art style. A different combat system. Not worrying about statted gear. It just never reached a large audience, and the multiple publishers with their IP blocking didn't help at all.

My favourite was the Athenaeum shard - the run up the mountian with the etherial music and the vista back towards the port from high above.

I'd go back if they find a way to re-launch it.

User Deleted
3/04/11 4:44:38 AM#39

Dang, I was actually thinking of playing his one again to see if it had evolved any. It had something, there were just not enough people playing it.

fatenabu1

Novice Member

3/08/11 9:24:23 PM#40

I miss this game so much :( I wish another publisher would pick it up...

Dustin

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search