Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | EverQuest | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,176 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,518
Spellborn International
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 04/23/09)  | Pub:Frogster Interactive / Mindscape / Acclaim
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Chronicles of Spellborn Forum » General Discussion » Chronicles of Spellborn - remember that game?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
50 posts found
  Skuz

Novice Member

"If you can''t laugh at yourself there''s always someone around to show you how it''s done!"

7/04/12 4:47:25 AM#41

This I did play for a short time, they took the IP blocking route though & I think that was a huge mistake, had a novel combat ui/system/mechanic that could have been awesome but the server architecture was so cripllingly bad the latency would cause you more frustration than anything else, leading to combat being a form of torture by UI screw-ups.

It got me raging more than I could bear so I quit, had they gotten decent servers & addressed the combat latency issues this could have been truly special.

Glad I got to experience it all the same, had some unique visuals & gameplay.

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

7/04/12 5:06:17 AM#42

Ahh, the idea that was, briefly, The Chronicles of Spellborn...

Great aesthetics, great combat, great lore...

Pushed out a year too early and really shit choice of publisher.

It was too young to die tbh. It still would look good today if someone got hold of it and stuck it back in the oven for another year to fix the PvP and liven up the quests somewhat.

The-Blade2k

Novice Member

Ex-Community Manager for Spellborn.

9/19/12 3:52:57 PM#43
Originally posted by Margulis

I was just thinking about this game the other day, totally forgot about it.  I remember being there on launch day, where you had to pick a character that was either super huge like a bodybuilder, skinny like a twig, or somewhat normal.  Then you instantly were sent to kill many boars, lol.  The combat was interesting, but man did that game flop hard.  The idea of no gear stats really didn't seem to go over well in the mmo community either.

Who else remember Spellborn? 

Hey, Sabre-TCoS (community manager EU English) here, had to actually delete that account....

I'd love this game to come back; it had so much work ready fly out to the players. Some awesome community events and some brilliant ideas to get the community involved..... and the sound scene of the game was awesome. Anyone remember looking up?

What made this game special to me was the fact it was a true hit and miss game. You know games like WoW, where they send the fireball, it travels through the wall and hits you as you try to run away from it? Wouldn’t happen! If you missed you missed, there is no homing missile! The skill deck was very innovative, and who what other game comes with this!

http://youtu.be/ftseyuky0co?hd=1

Wow, they sacked me and I still promote it.......

DrDream

Novice Member

"Hey...... look a dragon!!"

1/05/13 9:05:31 PM#44

I doubt anyone will see this but if we started a petition adn got like 10k signatures you think we could get the game back?

timeleaper Xfire Miniprofile
  f0dell54

Novice Member

Sanity....
It's for the weak.

1/05/13 10:10:42 PM#45
Originally posted by DrDream

I doubt anyone will see this but if we started a petition adn got like 10k signatures you think we could get the game back?

No

mindw0rk

Advanced Member

1/05/13 10:22:22 PM#46
It was my most anticipated MMORPG back then - new ideas and unique combat grabbed my interest Tried it in beta, and though it had some issues, it was a good game. I was sad when Ive heard they close it
  azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/05/13 11:51:55 PM#47
As others have said the questing was really bad but the combat, animations and skill UI was really radical.  I would love to see a hotbar/UI that took advantage of that style again.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Inktomi

Highlighted Blogger

Give me sparkly, twinkly...

1/06/13 12:07:33 AM#48

Played it, had a void seer, the combat wheel was a little wonky to get used to. The Unreal engine graphics were not that great. The sound was meh and the choice of dist/publishers were horrendous. I beta'd it, uninstalled and reinstalled after I found out it was FTP. I never got close to joining one of the houses because the game failed to keep my attention.

Uninstalled and forgotten about until I saw this thread.

dinos_21

Hard Core Member

1/06/13 12:18:39 AM#49
i played in the beta...for an hour...then delete...never looked back at it

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
I longed for her beauty
Yet from dust, she returned
The dream, an enigma.... silent

Cheboygan

Novice Member

1/06/13 12:27:05 AM#50

was In beta for almost 2 years - man that was painful - just logging in during most of that time was a game in itself

and the reason it was "pushed" out too early was because the devs did a complete focus redo too far down the line - total waste of money and of course ran out

i still enjoyed the game despite the devs best efforts to ruin it for me but the last straw was the IP block thing - didn't play it at all after release

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search