Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,847 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,772
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
173 posts found
  Vyrolakos

Novice Member

11/25/06 4:16:30 PM#61

Originally posted by Tutu2

I'm glad I have NWN2 to get rid of the shitty taste of EQ2 and SOE out of my mouth.

Crikey!

You can get NeverWinter Nights 2 to run smoothly enough to actually enjoy it?!?

I have a 3GB P4 with 1.5 GB of RAM and a 256 MB Graphics card, and STILL have problems with it running smoothly!

Getting back on topic...

Having just 'discovered' EQ2. I don't hate $OE ... yet.

Although the day is still young.

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

PlanoMM

Novice Member

And now i will kill you until you die from it.

Hot Shots: Part Deux

11/25/06 5:02:03 PM#62
dont read some of these forums then, some of the haters are recruiting haters.  so beware.

chanss

Novice Member

11/26/06 9:02:16 PM#63
What  IS soe ????
  PlanoMM

Novice Member

11/26/06 9:34:55 PM#64

Originally posted by chanss
What  IS soe ????

lol, best post yet.

Tutu2

Spotlight Poster

11/26/06 11:01:32 PM#65

Originally posted by Vyrolakos

I'm glad I have NWN2 to get rid of the shitty taste of EQ2 and SOE out of my mouth.

Crikey!

I have a 3GB P4 with 1.5 GB of RAM and a 256 MB Graphics card, and STILL have problems with it running smoothly!

Getting back on topic...

NWN2 runs like crap with shadows on on my comp. Without shadows  it runs fine. Try doing it that. Yeah its still buggy and needs alot of polish definately. Ugh too bad NWN2's ending is awful, but the rest of the game's great. Great character interaction and stuff.

Originally posted by PlanoMM
dont read some of these forums then, some of the haters are recruiting haters.  so beware.

Ever remember the time SOE **outright** lied about Frogloks being in game to unlock? They even released pictures, saying they were in, when they definately were not. People were waste their time trying to unlock something that wasn't even there. Later they admitted they lied. Or the fact that SOE fired their art team and now has only one person on it now? One friggin person. Explains a whole lot why EQ2's armors are the worst in any MMORPG. Let's not forget their poor communication to customers.
  PlanoMM

Novice Member

11/27/06 1:30:26 AM#66

Crikey!

Getting back on topic...

NWN2 runs like crap with shadows on on my comp. Without shadows  it runs fine. Try doing it that. Yeah its still buggy and needs alot of polish definately. Ugh too bad NWN2's ending is awful, but the rest of the game's great. Great character interaction and stuff.

Ever remember the time SOE **outright** lied about Frogloks being in game to unlock? They even released pictures, saying they were in, when they definately were not. People were waste their time trying to unlock something that wasn't even there. Later they admitted they lied. Or the fact that SOE fired their art team and now has only one person on it now? One friggin person. Explains a whole lot why EQ2's armors are the worst in any MMORPG. Let's not forget their poor communication to customers.

so Tutu2, you wouldnt recommend NWN2 then?  im curious about the game.

oO and i was just stating that some of the SOE haters are recruiting for members of the hate group, lol.

Tutu2

Spotlight Poster

11/27/06 5:12:15 AM#67

Crikey!

Getting back on topic...

so Tutu2, you wouldnt recommend NWN2 then?  im curious about the game.

oO and i was just stating that some of the SOE haters are recruiting for members of the hate group, lol.

It's worth buying, but not now too many bugs, a bit unpolished etc. It seems to crash on alot of people's comps. Probably better to wait about a month or so.
  Vyrolakos

Novice Member

11/27/06 3:41:09 PM#68

I tried it (NWN2) with everything graphical switched to off or lowest setting. It Ran slow regardless of graphics setting. Weird, but true.

Apparently (rumour has it), they are working on a patch to fix a known issue with NWN2 and slow running on 'non-high end' machines.

Basically, unless you have a high spec machine, you are royally screwed!

I loved NWN to bits (ESPECIALLY the online persistant worlds) so I had/have high hopes for NWN2. As soon as they patch the problem, I shall try running it again. Until then, my Chaotic Evil, Limited Edition box set just sits languishing on the shelf.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying EQ2 (Island Trial version, while the full version makes its way to me by flying postal Gryphon! )

Oh, and getting back on topic...

All, and I do mean ALL big corporate entities are self serving. Their ONLY motivation is to get your money. If they can do this by just robbing you, they will. If they are forced to play by the rules and have to pretend to be nice to you, then they will.

Sony Online Entertaintment are absolutely no different from any other corporate entity.

The 'nice ones' are only being nice to lull you into a false sense of security.

It's much easier to mug you if you feel all relaxed and cosy ...

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

Momentum

Novice Member

12/19/06 4:19:51 AM#69

I hate SOE cause, they are incapable of translating the game properly in european languages. It's a nightmare for over two years now. Also, there is no option to play EQ2 in english on european servers. You're constrained to play these horrible englisch/german mix...

That makes me sick!

fawdown

Novice Member

Elim Darvar of Hodstock
Permafrost-Everquest 2

1/01/07 6:04:47 PM#70
After looking at the WoW section and tons of new threads from people not having the best time, it is perhaps time to create one of these threads over there.  It would seem appropriate to balance things out.
  poser002

Novice Member

1/03/07 8:51:52 PM#71

I want to know really want is the point to this topic?  No matter what game u play or company u like there are always people that dont like it and will say something about it. 

SOE has its fans they have there enemys.  I have heard since the early days of EQ i hate SOE and they will never get a dollor for me.  Funny how u saw that 5 million times in a week and those same people that were screaming it were still playing there accounts.  SWG i heard this normaly daily from people.  Some of this people had 10 accounts and were still playing.

Why soe does not always have the smartest idea's or do the best thing for the game's no mater what u do when u change the game after it comes out it is going to take a beating since it is going to change something.  Also as players we cant see what the final idea for changes are.  We see the here and now we dont see 6 months from now how this blances here that unblance that will work them selfs out. 

Show a company that is perfect.  You wont find one.  Even wow is not perfect and u know something i think they should be so much more then perfect since they have 7 million accoutns making what some what 105 million a month befor pay outs.  Ok when ur making 105 million ur game should be so huge that as a player i never see the same stuff once.  They could hire some 1000 devs and mak huge world changes,  sh*t for 105 million a month they could have a single server world that was huge enough it should take u a year to go form one corner of the world to the other. 

But even wow has proms just becasue they have the numbers does not mean there perfect and god like.

fawdown

Novice Member

Elim Darvar of Hodstock
Permafrost-Everquest 2

1/03/07 10:44:51 PM#72
There are some good points in the previous posts.  Here we have EQ2  that has constant updates and new content added, plus revamps, holiday events, and world events.  It comes down to having so much content being added that occasionally bugs are not discovered until it goes live.  It's so tragic and makes you want just start sniffling about it huh?  But look at the alternative.  With the carebear game, you get an expansion after almost 2.5 years and a new raid instance which is generally cut and paste from previous ones thrown in once in a while.  This is laughable coming from a game with millions of people playing.  It goes to show what kind of company Blizzard really is.  If the money is being thrown at them, who cares right? 
If you are capable of looking at things objectively, which none of us really are, including gaming magazines, and online gaming sites, you might see which one has the bigger commitment to fans and players without being caught up in the same tired argument of subscription numbers which are not accurate.
  salan

Novice Member

1/07/07 11:36:40 PM#73

i played eq,eqoa and eq2 and i must say i have always been disgusted by the way soe treat their customers... they accept your money and give you 0 service.... every expansion they release is unfinished and often released before they even fix the bugs in the last one...     long story short, i swore on my mothers grave to never give another penny to soe and now they are doing the distribution for vanguard..... damnit......  I HATE YOU SOE!!!   

sry mom .

fawdown

Novice Member

Elim Darvar of Hodstock
Permafrost-Everquest 2

1/08/07 1:52:39 AM#74
I have never had a problem with SOE CS and I have used them a few times on each of 3 games.  In fact, for EQ2 they bent over backward to fix something for me, spending close to 2 hours on it.  I am not sure what you mean by unfinished, but I am happy that not all of the content in an expansion is unlocked at the beginning.  As for bugs and errors, show me one game that does not have them.  With EQ2, when they are discovered they are fixed usually very quickly.  For the most part they are minor bugs anyway, and nothing to sniff and moan over, or blow way out of proportion just to get a rise out of people.

My experience with other games has been worse.  I have tried to play D&D online, but the CS for Turbine seems to be non-existent.  Three requests in 2 weeks and no replies.  I am having trouble getting the trial to go, but I gave up because I don't want to try it that badly.

On a free trial of the carebear game, I reported someone for harassing an entire zone.  It was someone with the typical middle school attitude for that game talking graphically about sex with old ladies.  It was not fun  for the 20 or so ppl in there.  I was told by CS not to abuse the report feature.  Everyone that reported got the same message.  The stooge was at it 3 days in a row and no one could get it together to stop him.  Then my trial ended.

Overall SOE has a better track record than the leading competition.  Check out the better business bureau sometime.  The last I checked SOE had a D+ rating, where those who run carebearland had an F.

salan

Novice Member

1/08/07 7:36:57 AM#75
Originally posted by fawdown
I have never had a problem with SOE CS and I have used them a few times on each of 3 games.  In fact, for EQ2 they bent over backward to fix something for me, spending close to 2 hours on it.  I am not sure what you mean by unfinished, but I am happy that not all of the content in an expansion is unlocked at the beginning.  As for bugs and errors, show me one game that does not have them.  With EQ2, when they are discovered they are fixed usually very quickly.  For the most part they are minor bugs anyway, and nothing to sniff and moan over, or blow way out of proportion just to get a rise out of people.

My experience with other games has been worse.  I have tried to play D&D online, but the CS for Turbine seems to be non-existent.  Three requests in 2 weeks and no replies.  I am having trouble getting the trial to go, but I gave up because I don't want to try it that badly.

On a free trial of the carebear game, I reported someone for harassing an entire zone.  It was someone with the typical middle school attitude for that game talking graphically about sex with old ladies.  It was not fun  for the 20 or so ppl in there.  I was told by CS not to abuse the report feature.  Everyone that reported got the same message.  The stooge was at it 3 days in a row and no one could get it together to stop him.  Then my trial ended.

Overall SOE has a better track record than the leading competition.  Check out the better business bureau sometime.  The last I checked SOE had a D+ rating, where those who run carebearland had an F.

you used the CS a few times and got great help... good for you... i used them a lot because simply raid zones from new expansions where unfinished... mobs not there... mobs bugged... loot bugged... too much loot dropping.... no loot dropping... you name it.... and more than often soe simply said yeah we know we are working on it.... thats what i meant when i said unfinished expansions... raid zones that where announced but not implemented at the release of an expansion... loads of bugs period... they hadnt even fixed the bugs in DoF when they released KoS...

the point i was making is in the 3 eq games that i played in general soe customer service sucked.... i dislike soe for this fact and the fact you had a great time in eq2 is completely irrelevant and nobody cares since this is the we are angry at soe thread....

sure there are worse games out there... but if you get herpes you dont say oh its k there are worse diseases out there....

you say soe has such a great track record... who are you trying to fool here really ?  just dont post here if you think soe is all wonderfull cause this simply isnt the place for it.... go make yourself a soe is awesome thread

fawdown

Novice Member

Elim Darvar of Hodstock
Permafrost-Everquest 2

1/08/07 8:24:35 AM#76
Originally posted by salan

you used the CS a few times and got great help... good for you... i used them a lot because simply raid zones from new expansions where unfinished... mobs not there... mobs bugged... loot bugged... too much loot dropping.... no loot dropping... you name it.... and more than often soe simply said yeah we know we are working on it.... thats what i meant when i said unfinished expansions... raid zones that where announced but not implemented at the release of an expansion... loads of bugs period... they hadnt even fixed the bugs in DoF when they released KoS...

the point i was making is in the 3 eq games that i played in general soe customer service sucked.... i dislike soe for this fact and the fact you had a great time in eq2 is completely irrelevant and nobody cares since this is the we are angry at soe thread....

sure there are worse games out there... but if you get herpes you dont say oh its k there are worse diseases out there....

you say soe has such a great track record... who are you trying to fool here really ?  just dont post here if you think soe is all wonderfull cause this simply isnt the place for it.... go make yourself a soe is awesome thread

I didn't say I used CS a few times.  I said I used them a few times on each game.  If you are really that bothered by it, the total number was 10 times.  You complain because they told you they were working on bugs.  Would you rather they tell you they aren't going to fix them?  I went through DoF and was only affected by one bug so I can't really relate.  I didn't say, 'SOE has such a great track record'.  I was saying that they seem to have a better track record than the leading competition from what I read.  You should read it as well, perhaps slowly too.  Neither score is very good officially.  You should know that a D and F are at the bottom of the scale. 

It seems you need to read these posts before you reply and not just skim.

You also seem to be confusing a CS agent telling you all that they know and saying that it is being worked on, and what the developers are actually doing.  They are two separate entities.  Too often people blame the person on the other end of the phone for what is totally out of their control, and labeling CS as sucky, when actually they gave you all the info that they knew about.

As for my opinion in a place that you deem it inappropriate, this is very presumptuous for you to say.  If you are unable to handle an opposing point of view, you may not have the best time here.  The world is full of people offering opinions.  You should probably get use to it.

If there was a 'we hate Blizzard' thread people that don't agree would be all over it. 
  salan

Novice Member

1/08/07 8:39:28 AM#77
Originally posted by fawdown
Originally posted by salan

I didn't say I used CS a few times.  I said I used them a few times on each game.  If you are really that bothered by it, the total number was 10 times.  You complain because they told you they were working on bugs.  Would you rather they tell you they aren't going to fix them?  I went through DoF and was only affected by one bug so I can't really relate.  I didn't say, 'SOE has such a great track record'.  I was saying that they seem to have a better track record than the leading competition from what I read.  You should read it as well, perhaps slowly too.  Neither score is very good officially.  You should know that a D and F are at the bottom of the scale. 

It seems you need to read these posts before you reply and not just skim.

You also seem to be confusing a CS agent telling you all that they know and saying that it is being worked on, and what the developers are actually doing.  They are two separate entities.  Too often people blame the person on the other end of the phone for what is totally out of their control, and labeling CS as sucky, when actually they gave you all the info that they knew about.

As for my opinion in a place that you deem it inappropriate, this is very presumptuous for you to say.  If you are unable to handle an opposing point of view, you may not have the best time here.  The world is full of people offering opinions.  You should probably get use to it.

If there was a 'we hate Blizzard' thread people that don't agree would be all over it. 

if anyone needs to read posts before replying its you... because you havnt picked up on the information i gave you and you are now giving me new information and you are saying i should have read your post better......

what i said was... they released expansions unfinished... (surely you must know we pay for these things) if they release and expansion unfinished and tell me they are working on it while i already gave them my money i have every right to be pissed off...

i have no problem with opposing views however this is the we are angry at soe thread not the is it k for us to be angry at soe thread...

this is a thread for us to vent our displeasure with a company that has ruined several mmo's for a lot of players

oh and btw i didnt even pay attention to the letters since we use numbers in europe... and yes if i actually cared what you think i might have noticed

agonzo11

Novice Member

1/08/07 4:36:53 PM#78
  ownageNL

Novice Member

1/09/07 8:28:26 AM#79

I do not hate SOE as much as other do

They do thinks very good and on the otherhand ******* things up.

I loved playing eq2 for a very long time and it was a good game Until a couple of patches made it Crap.

- unbalanced chars (game is pve based system , they just put pvp in it while its just not disigned for it)

-because its unbalanced they NERf the chars, always done very poorly so its no improvement at all

-unbalanced loot (my opinion, one zone youl get the best shit, other zone your crying)

Time of help from the DEVS can improve big time.

BIGGEST problem > NOOBING the game

Where was the time that you shiver when you entered Nek forest, afraid to get your ass kicked.

All over, they made the game more like wow now , Easy as hell.

its a shame , coz all with all its a good game wich i played a very long time for a reason.

hope they dont ******** vanguard

cheers

Relica

Novice Member

1/10/07 8:26:35 PM#80
This game has the worse customer service ingame ever!

1 year ago
I tried calling about a character issue i had. It was an obvious quest bug. took me 3 weeks before i even got a GM in game to send me a tell. I had to explain the game emchanics to him and what i had done to bug my quest. He said I need to look into that and get back with you. Before i even could repsond he logged off. 2 weeks later he sends me a tell and then asks me to restart the quest. They are working to resolve the issue and No estimated time till its fixed. SO I hafta start the quest all over. 5 weeks! I made at least one subscription renewal in that time!

I even called and over the phone they told me i had to wait for a response in game. They wont even let you talk to a supervisor and i told the lady nicely i was having trouble understand her with her asian accent. could i get someone else that spoke english a little better. She still refused to forward me. ( did i mention i was on hold for 15 minutes before they answered )

Now i get a letter in my email saying i used an in game exploit by pulling a mob with my pet. apparantly someone petitioned me for grabbing a named with my pet before they could engaged it. SO SOE gave me a 7 day suspension claiming pet pulling is an exploit...... wow 2 years of doing this. I am one hell of an Exploiter..........

ANyhow 7 days is up and my account is still suspended. I call Customer service. they tell me i have a 7 day suspension starting on the 1/2/07 hmmmm math tells me its been 8 days.... Well apparently the CS can not comment on that. AND he can not forward me to a supervisor or any other type of CS rep. He cant even help me cancel my subscription (imagine that). He cant even tell me why what i did was an exploit. He says i need to ask a GM but i can only do that in game once my accuont is unsuspended.......

DId i mention i was suspended on station access too from all the games?

Did i also mention i have had a current SOE subscription since 2/98 starting with eq1 and just adding games. You would think a loyal customer would mean something.....LOL

So guess i need to look into wow or something..... can only do one thng really and take my money elsewhere. maybe they will listen to that??

Nintendo wii for the win!

I just put my ps2 and all my stuff for it on ebay. Besides a few cd's(maybe) I dont own anything else sony made (that i know of).
9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search