Trending Games | Continent of the Ninth Seal | Magerealm | Wizard101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,995,950 Users Online:0
Games:836  Posts:6,460,659
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » Gameplay question

6 posts found
  fivetigers

Apprentice Member

OP  4/02/14 12:06:19 PM#1
Is this a super linear quest-hub to quest-hub game?

Me

Her

CasualMaker

Novice Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

4/02/14 2:24:39 PM#2
Originally posted by fivetigers
Is this a super linear quest-hub to quest-hub game?

Yes and no. The "Golden Path" business is pretty linear. On the other hand, travel is easy from the start. So you can ditch your starting area and go play in a different starting area instead. Qeynos and Freeport even still have the old newbie leveling-up adventure zones to play in.

fivetigers

Apprentice Member

OP  4/02/14 2:41:58 PM#3
If I pick a "Good" class and my friend picks an "Evil" class, can we play together?

Me

Her

Torval

Elite Member

4/02/14 3:49:37 PM#4

It is a quest hub game. Each zone has quest hubs and sometimes you need to do quests at the early hub to open quests at the later hub, but only if they're in the same quest line.

The good news is that most quest lines are optional and you can pick them up and put them down at your leisure. Also some quest lines are very complex and intertwined so it's not always a hub_a to hub_b type of experience. For example, to get my Warden's (druid) epic deity quest done I had to do a bunch of side quests and learn some languages (via quests). Other quest lines are very simple, but most relate to the story or situation of the zone and have some local npc faction points tied to them.

Good and evil characters can play together. Most of my guild members have evil characters with the evil class versions and our guild hall is from an evil city. I access it through the docks outside that city or from my personal home.

You don't need to buy the latest expansion to start playing or leveling. There are some account perks that are nice to have such as mercenaries. If you like to level solo then having a merc can be handy, but you don't need one and certainly don't need it right away. It's more of a convenience.

No one has as many friends as a man with many cheeses!

fivetigers

Apprentice Member

OP  4/02/14 4:57:09 PM#5

Thank you for the answers.

Last question: Which Scout class is best suited for solo play?  They all seem appealing to me (aside from animalist/beastlord) but i don't really know how well they all function in game.

Me

Her

Torval

Elite Member

4/02/14 5:57:43 PM#6

You can solo on most any class. Each scout plays a little different so you would need to check them out and find out what the appeal of each is and what fits you. The EQ2 forums might be a better place to ask this and get some diverse opinions. We don't bite much.

Anyway to answer the question, the Swashbuckler is my favorite scout. I like the theme.

My main is a warden. I also have several other characters.

No one has as many friends as a man with many cheeses!