Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Hearthstone | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,885 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,449
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » EQ2 is very underrated.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Lazzaro

Hard Core Member

Anything easy ain''t worth a damn.

OP  3/06/14 8:56:21 AM#21

Originally posted by asmkm22
Like so many MMO's, they just need to update the animations.  They're absolutely horrid.

They need to update the whole look of the game, lol.

dave6660

Hard Core Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

3/06/14 3:37:06 PM#22

I played EQ2 for a few months.  I've always thought they had the most interesting race selection of any mmorpg.  The class selection was pretty good too.

I just don't think it stands out anymore among the flood of quest grinders on the market today.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

3/06/14 4:01:39 PM#23

It was underrated when it first came out. Each expansion since the 2nd one has, in my opinion, made the game worse not better. They kept simplifying the combat and stats rather than expanding them and making the game more complex. Any game that goes that direction gets worse over time in my opinion, and I believe that's why games like WoW which once had over 12 million subs is now down below the 7 million mark after stat simplification and the butchering of the talent tree system.

The game could truly be great if they had stuck to their original game design and kept it as a game that made you think about your character and choices rather than trying to make it a game that everyone and their grandmother could play. I think that's a critical error a lot of games make in this day and age.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
Have played: You name it
If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

User Deleted
3/06/14 4:18:52 PM#24
Originally posted by Lazzaro

Originally posted by asmkm22
Like so many MMO's, they just need to update the animations.  They're absolutely horrid.

They need to update the whole look of the game, lol.

Ha, well I'm trying to be at least a little reasonable :P

Papaprika

Novice Member

3/08/14 8:41:59 AM#25
Originally posted by Hanthos

I've played EQ2 for almost 10 years. It's a great game for what it is, but so many things were changed in an attempt to compete with WoW over the years that I've just kind of hit the proverbial wall. I had high hopes that EQN would be EQ3, but I'm not really impressed thus far with what I've seen. While I'm not thrilled with the art direction, I'll reserve judgement until I can actually play and see if it hooks me. Until then, it's ArcheAge for me.

Enjoy EQ2, there's a lot of content and a lot of fun to be had!

And if you think there are too many skills, don't roll a Necro! 

ARcheage. Wow with bigger crafting. Logic fail

cataphracht

Novice Member

3/09/14 6:44:12 PM#26

I'll keep this short, EQ2 was underrated. Many decisions that killed my immersion killed this game for me; the guildhall feature,  instant transportation, Mercs, Boxers, bland expansions all were part of ruining the experience as a whole.

I'd say it's overrated now, I would pay a sub for the EQ2 Pre Rok but as it is today I wouldn't touch it if you paid me.

But for what it's worth EQ2 is the best fantasy MMORPG out of a bad bunch

Nadia

Tipster

3/10/14 12:08:17 PM#27
Originally posted by cataphracht

I'll keep this short, EQ2 was underrated. Many decisions that killed my immersion killed this game for me; the guildhall feature,  instant transportation, Mercs, Boxers, bland expansions all were part of ruining the experience as a whole.

i agree that expansions post Kunark seemed to offer less PVE content

i like guild halls tho

2 Pages « 1 2 Search