Trending Games | Darkest Dungeon | Elder Scrolls Online | Trove | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,772,420 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,421
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » EQ2 Veteran rewards recalculated

6 posts found
  Nadia

Elite Member

OP  1/25/14 5:26:26 AM#1

http://eq2wire.com/2014/01/25/veteran-rewards-recalculated-to-account-start-dates-regardless-of-subscription/

In an unexpected (and undocumented) change today, it appears that players are now receiving Veteran Rewards from their account’s opening date, rather than actual time played as it has been calculated for many years now.

This means that players who rolled a character in November 2004 and have not played a lick since may stand up and be counted along with those who have been actively supporting the game for 10 years, dutifully paying a monthly subscription. It’s a puzzling change to be sure, and the motivation may have been a genuine hope to attract returning players, but it seems to this reader as ill-considered as selling Titles on the Veteran Reward vendor which were originally granted for defeating specific event-related enemies.

Azoth

Elite Member

1/25/14 5:33:50 AM#2
Wasn't it already ? I started playing the game couple months ago on an account that I don't even remember playing eq2 on, never paid a sub for it. It had 7 years rewards, so it looks like it was taking the time the soe account was created ?
  User Deleted
1/25/14 6:10:20 AM#3
I would say its to be more inclusive of those who choose to play as F2P with micro-transactions rather than subscribe as they move forward.  It could also be incentive for those who have left to return.  These people will probably still be missing the veteran time that was awarded for purchasing expansions though.
  User Deleted
1/25/14 6:11:15 AM#4
Originally posted by Azoth
Wasn't it already ? I started playing the game couple months ago on an account that I don't even remember playing eq2 on, never paid a sub for it. It had 7 years rewards, so it looks like it was taking the time the soe account was created ?

It was this way for a very long time (up until Sentinels Fate I believe) and then they 'fixed' it so that you only accumulated veteran reward time if you were subscribed.

Nadia

Elite Member

OP  1/25/14 6:17:05 AM#5

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Veteran%27s_Rewards_%28EQ2%29

a few months ago, i had the 8 year reward

today i have the 10 year reward

http://eq2wire.com/2013/11/05/everquest-ii-10-year-veteran-reward-mercs/

my 2nd acct got boosted 3 years to a 7 year reward today

Braindome

Hard Core Member

2/15/14 9:11:06 AM#6

I played in beta so I was registered in 2004, though didn't actually start playing till like 2006 as that is about how long it took them to remove combat lock which I absolutely detested about the game and honestly initially hurt the game (few remember that). So it was nice to get that 2 year boost back :), woot woot, enjoying it atm.