10/01/13 12:03:24 PM#2
from Test Server
New Features for '13!
- New holiday achievements!
- Closet Full of Skeletons
- Tricky Treats
- Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire
- Nights of the Dead Devotee
- Headless Horseman Epic X2 Event in Nektulos Forest has been updated (including his loot)!
- Skeletons (a calcified skeleton) spawning in Antonica, the Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest agro at player's level and have a 50% chance of dropping NoTD treats.
- Added "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) to drop as loot from Chains of Eternity (Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains, & dungeons), Cobalt Scar, and Siren's Grotto undead and creepy crawlie beasts. It can either be sold to merchant for coin, or be used in tradeskilling.
- New illusions added to the Gigglegibber Goblin unpredictable illusion costume.
- New costume illusions available from holiday merchants.
- New rewards for some of the old Nights of the Dead Events!
- "Ghost Hunter" in Antonica & Commonlands (Repeatable) – New reward choice: Cursed Scarecrow Mask
- "The Haunting" (Repeatable daily) – New reward choice: Haunted Tombstone
- "This Won't End Well..." (Repeatable annually) – New reward choice: skeletal prowler
- "There Will Be Ghosts" (Repeatable) – New reward choice: Ghoulish Gravestone
- "A Nightmarish Return" (Repeatable) – New reward choice: Seeping Shadow
- "Train to Zone!" (Repeatable daily) – New reward choice: Crow Plushie
- "Survive the Night" (Repeatable annually) - New reward choices: Bone Bludgeoner or Voodoo Plushie
- "The Troubling Truth" (Repeatable annually) – New reward choice: Scarecrow King Mask
- New house items sold by Nights of the Dead Merchant.
- New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead VI" available from holiday merchants
- In-game mail informs everyone of the event!
- Haunted House in Qeynos and Freeport.
- Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains that is accessible by all levels of players.
- Vampire lore and Legend book attainable within the Haunted Mansion.
- Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
- Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest! Accessible by all cities and by all levels of players.
- The “Survive the Night” quest, featuring the flora versus undead zone, offered by Setri Lur'eth in Nektulos Forest.
- Holiday collection "The Hollow Hedge Collection" found within the Haunted Hedgemaze.
- Nights of the Dead celebrators in the player cities that give the background to the festivities.
- Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
- Undead and creepy crawlie beasts drop "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) as loot. It can either be exchanged for event coin, sold to merchants for coin, or used in tradeskilling.
- Triggered skeletons (a calcified skeleton) in Nektulos Forest spawn at player's level and have a 50% chance of dropping NoTD treats.
- Tradeskillers get to create holiday flavored clothing and house items using the "Nights of the Dead treats" as ingredients.
- Players can purchase costume illusions and other useable holiday themed items from holiday merchants.
- Neriak has some decorations at the docks, New Foreign Quarter & tradeskill area. They are smashable jack-o-lanterns and pumpkins. This is the only zone that has them!
- Decorations in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Gorowyn, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, New Halas, Maj'Dul, and Thurgadin Harbor in Great Divide.
This event content is currently set to run 10/15/12 through 11/11/12 on the live servers.