Trending Games | ArcheAge | Rift | Firefall | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,112 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,744
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » EQ2 Winback event - all accounts gold until Oct 15

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

10/04/13 10:35:13 AM#41
Originally posted by Nadia
Originally posted by evilastroThere really has been no new blood since RoK. 

a clarifier - Freeport in Sept 2011 launched as a new server, well after ROK (2007/2008)

Freeport does have many players who switched servers but that included new blood too

I admit i left EQ2 after ROK but I came back when EQ2 went ftp w Freeport launch

I am a sub most the time on Freeport

Freeport rivals Antonia Bayle for being EQ2s most popular server

but AB has many more guilds doing endgame content

I was one of the "new blood" who joined when the FP server opened up, and played for 3 or 4 months as I recall.

I have fond memories but I do recall that even though I was a subscriber, they still charged extra for certain races like Dark Elves, sort of annoyed me but not the reason I quit.

I'd probably give it another go, but am otherwise engaged atm.

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Nadia

Elite Member

OP  10/04/13 11:25:00 AM#42
Originally posted by Kyleran

I have fond memories but I do recall that even though I was a subscriber, they still charged extra for certain races like Dark Elves, sort of annoyed me but not the reason I quit.

when EQ2 Freeport server went ftp, all expansions up to TSO were unlocked

subs had access to all races except the new vampire Freeblood race introduced in Dec 2010

Freeblood was free if you preordered DOV but otherwise the new race was a cash shop item

bentrim

Apprentice Member

10/04/13 1:51:00 PM#43
I just recently quit FFARR (soooo lame) and tried WOW (still cant get into it).......then when I saw the free lvl 85, I thought I would go back and try EQ2 again (played it long ago). Much to my surprise it had everything I want in an MMO, and found myself really enjoying the game again.
  Ppiper

Advanced Member

10/04/13 1:53:33 PM#44
Originally posted by bentrim
I just recently quit FFARR (soooo lame) and tried WOW (still cant get into it).......then when I saw the free lvl 85, I thought I would go back and try EQ2 again (played it long ago). Much to my surprise it had everything I want in an MMO, and found myself really enjoying the game again.

same here. Enjoy!

lovebug

Advanced Member

10/05/13 4:16:14 AM#45
great news :)) think i will give a try again not played in a year and with se banning my gold spamer hack attack on my acc and banning it could not come at a better time :).
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search