Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,025 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,542
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » What class would suit me?

7 posts found
  PinkSparrow

Advanced Member

OP  10/04/13 4:07:29 PM#1
<blockquote ugc="" basehtml"=""> Hey All

I know, I know. I can try before I ‘buy’ But, I still would like some input as it will help me and narrow down my options.

I assume like other MMOs I can play by myself and have no problem using any class to reach the current maximum level of 95?

So, the classes that appeal to me currently are Wizard, Warlock, Necromancer, Beastlord, Ranger, Berserker, and Shadowknight. I’m going by their description.

I usually love playing as a sorcerer. I also like doing a lot of damage, but I like being able to do things by myself.

I read somewhere about classes being able to solo certain mobs. That’s awesome but…. Is it worth it? Is it too difficult?

I guess dungeons and raids is another thing to bare in mind, right? What role I would be in those? Again, I prefer doing damage – I think its the easy option, is it not?

Is that enough to go on?

Duvaris

Apprentice Member

10/04/13 4:10:37 PM#2
All those classes I'm sure can play solo the whole game. But the easiest would be Necro or Beastlord. Both classes have pets that can tank for you.
  syriinx

Hard Core Member

10/04/13 5:02:04 PM#3

You will be expected to tank as a berserker or shadowknight.

If you like being a sorcerer I would suggest wizard or warlock.  necro is better solo, but more of a DoT class and i suspect you want big booms.  And the biggest booms are wizard.

Wizards arent bad soloers either.  necros are better, but Wizzies do ok.

PinkSparrow

Advanced Member

OP  10/04/13 5:24:22 PM#4
Just a quick response. I don't mind if others suggest other classes. I heard Bruiser, Monk, and Inquisitor and good solo classes.
  Nadia

Elite Member

10/04/13 7:34:25 PM#5

conjuror is my favorite class - another caster pet class

similiar to necro but elemental based damage

another pet class is illusionist / coercer  (enchanter)

doesn't solo as well as the other pet classes but highly desired in groups in upper level content

using mercenaries, all classes are ezmode for leveling

Zorgo

Hard Core Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

10/04/13 7:38:08 PM#6
Originally posted by syriinx

You will be expected to tank as a berserker or shadowknight.

If you like being a sorcerer I would suggest wizard or warlock.  necro is better solo, but more of a DoT class and i suspect you want big booms.  And the biggest booms are wizard.

Wizards arent bad soloers either.  necros are better, but Wizzies do ok.

Just to add to this...unless it has changed since I played last:

Wizard = single target kaboom

Warlock = aoe kaboom

Ppiper

Advanced Member

10/04/13 7:46:55 PM#7
I always liked Warden, you can heal and damage