seen at EQ2Wire
From Kander on the EQ2 Forums:
- Each day at a set hour (typically 3PM local time for that server), the avatar spawn system makes 1 to 3 independent random rolls to determine if 1 to 3 avatars will spawn that day on that server.
- The chance for the roll to succeed depends on how many days have passed since the last avatar has spawned (for each day no spawn of any avatar occurs on a given server the chance increases). If no avatar has spawned in the last 4 days, the chance goes to 100%.
- There can be no more than 6 avatars spawning on any given server in a 7 day period.
- A given server will most likely get 6 avatars in any 7 day period, but this is not an absolute guarantee. It will average out to 6 per 7 days over time.
- Avatars rarely spawn singly, it can happen but it’s far more likely that they will spawn in 2’s or 3’s on any given day.
- All avatars who made their roll on that day spawn simultaneously, from 0-12 hours from the time of that days check (usually 3PM local time, meaning for the most part on most servers they will spawn at a random time from 3PM to 3AM)
- Once an avatar is killed it will not spawn again for a couple of days, and its chance of spawning is lower than avatars that haven’t spawned for a while after that 2 day period.
Current Server Times
- Valor 3pm to 3am CET (Central European Time)
- Splitpaw 3pm to 3am GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
- Sebilis 3pm to 3am JST (Japanese Standard Time)
- Butcherblock 3pm to 3am PST
- Nagafen 3pm to 3am PST
- Guk 3pm to 3am PST
- Freeport 3pm to 3am PST
- Everfrost 3pm to 3am PST
- Unrest 6pm to 6am PST
- Oasis 6pm to 6am PST
- Antonia Bayle 3pm to 3am PST
- Permafrost 3pm to 3am PST
- Crushbone 3pm to 3am PST
- Storms 3pm to 3am CET (Central European Time)
- Harla Dar 3pm to 3am MSK (Moscow Standard Time)
- Barren Sky 3pm to 3am MSK (Moscow Standard Time)
Of course the moment this information was shared, a
knock down drag out fight debate conversation began about the veracity and fairness of these times. Ah well, can’t win them all…