Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,240 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,165
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » Why aren't you playing EQ2?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
114 posts found
  Dejoblue

Novice Member

I'll give them heroics...and when everyone is super...no one will be.

7/09/13 10:16:01 AM#81
I really like the artstyle and the AA system and crafting but combat is just odd. I want more fluid control like SWTOR or WOW even RIFT is better. That is really it. Even EQ is better. Hence why I am playing EQ atm. I pop in once in a  while tho.
  Maquiame

Hard Core Member

Power without perception is spiritually useless and of no true value

7/09/13 10:59:47 AM#82

Grey Erudites

Screw that shit.

I want my Black people Erudites back dammit. I heard they are "doing their own thing" with Erudites in EQN

That's a goddamned shame.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

niceguy3978

Elite Member

7/09/13 11:02:17 AM#83
I couldn't get past melee having cast timers on most of their abilities.  It just seemed very odd, and I thought I should be throwing a fireball rather than hacking with an axe.
  Calibanvov

Novice Member

The price of peace, is eternal vigilance.

7/09/13 11:09:03 AM#84

I remember playing for about 1 1/2 years.  It was a good time.  I left for awhile and came back (a few years ago) and it felt slow. So I couldn't get back into it.

SlyLoK

Elite Member

7/09/13 12:40:43 PM#85

1. Terrible Engine.

2. Terrible Character Models

3. Terrible Animations.

4. Particle Effects on Melee attacks.. I hate this!

5. Terrible looking particle effects on spells. EQ1 had some of the best and even now they are still some of the best.

6. Way to many abilities.

7. Most of the game world is empty.

9. Terrible combat mechanics.

10. Just boring.

whisperwynd

Hard Core Member

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the priviledge to do so as well.

7/09/13 12:42:44 PM#86
Originally posted by SlyLoK

1. Terrible Engine.

3. Terrible Animations.

5. Terrible looking particle effects on spells. EQ1 had some of the best and even now they are still some of the best.

10. Just boring.

Tell us how you REALLY feel.. J/K  

alakram

Hard Core Member

7/09/13 12:43:31 PM#87
Originally posted by Minjie

Whats your reason for not playing EQ2? i know some of you probably are but im just curious as to why ALOT of people arent :)

I played it alot, enjoyed it alot but I got tired of it. Also it has some stuff I dont like. Still I login from time to time to check that everything is ok.

-=AlaKraM=-
Don't fight against poverty, fight against greed.
My Lord of the Rings Gallery

Brizlyn

Apprentice Member

7/09/13 12:58:47 PM#88

Whats your reason for not playing EQ2? i know some of you probably are but im just curious as to why ALOT of people arent :)

I played EQ2 for around 5-6 years, raided heavily.  Some of the raids in EQ2 were the most memorable MMO moments I've ever had.  The amount of raid content for 2x and 4x groups was always something I appreciated about the game.  Some of the raids were lame and easy, but there were some that were amazing and oh so challenging if you attempted them at their intended tier level, which we always did since our guild played them as they were released. 

The Djinn Master's Prism, anyone?

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Raid_Timeline

-Briz

Zorgo

Hard Core Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

7/09/13 1:09:46 PM#89
Originally posted by SlyLoK

1. Terrible Engine.

3. Terrible Animations.

10. Just boring.

11. Heavy Instancing

12. Linear zone progression

13. Limited lore/race specific starting zones which seem incongruous with the majority of races - why tie all good races to elves, fairies and barbarian lore? Why tie all evil races to Sarnak and dark elf lore? Where's FP? Where's Qeynos? Oh yeah, they are sitting there - untouched for years.....This game started about being about those two opposing cities - now they are all but forgotten.

Gaeluian

Apprentice Member

To be or not to be, I don't really care!

7/09/13 2:41:42 PM#90

Loved EQ2, but, just got burnt out. Still one of the best MMO's out there. 

AliceKaye

Novice Member

The rantings and ramblings of an MMO addict…

7/09/13 2:56:50 PM#91

Honestly, I adore my ratonga (hope they bring them back in EQN). But... it's the combat. I feel very disconnected from it. I want, so badly, to feel some sort of connection to my class but I don't. I never have enjoyed any of the classes and while there are quite a few of them, something about them is just 'off' for me.

I come back now and then, but really, I just don't enjoy what it is. I need a combat system that is fluid and quick, not necessarily along the lines of TERA or GW2, but more like WoW, which is responsive. When you click the button, the attack goes off. A lot of times, it doesn't work that way in EQ2 and it drives me bananas.

NavinJohnson

Novice Member

7/09/13 3:30:22 PM#92

I played EQ2 on and off for years, and I really liked everything about it except the game engine.

The engine is terrible.

coldandnumb

Apprentice Member

7/10/13 6:19:24 PM#93

I played eq2 off and on for several years and there was a lot that I liked about it but the bad continued to outnumber it's good parts things like.....

A game engine meant to run on hardware configurations that never existed and that they have never been able to optimize for the hardware that we actually have.

A community that grew increasingly elitist I found most to be very unfriendly to new players or people they didn't already know personally where if you weren't already a friend of a friend you couldn't get into a decent guild and if you didn't already know all the encounters in a given dungeon you would never get taken along on a run.

The crafting was ridiculously grindy having to gather tons of materials and make tons of junk just to level your skills got very old for me after a while.

I don't know how things have changed since to ftp switch but I really have at this point no intention of returning. I am interested in EQN though I'll most likely give it a shot when it's released.

Arskaaa

Hard Core Member

Your chararacter gains experience and levels up, defining a role playing game.

7/23/13 11:43:49 AM#94

Game enginer is crap. no LFG finder (now there is i guess).

Good game but sadly not openworld:) and that game engine make game play painfull.

tixylix

Novice Member

7/23/13 6:22:14 PM#95

It's been so dumbed down and taken in a direction I don't like, I want to play old EQ2 when you had to group for everything and crafting was hard.

I also don't like the character models, both sets look bad and I dunno why SOE has never redone them, they looked really nice in alpha and then in beta they changed them and made the Human Female look like she was on drugs and made the skin all weird and bumpy. 

Also OMG the footsteps, what is up with the loud footsteps?

Where has all the voice overs gone? It used to be the best thing about the game and now it's all mostly gone :\

Ppiper

Advanced Member

7/23/13 6:27:31 PM#96
I wanted to love this game, I really did. I was an avid EQ1 fan for years and was so psyched by this game, I pre-ordered and started the day it came out. It was such a departure from EQ1, not even close. Just nothing immersive about it. Made it to level 35 and bailed for Wow.
  Damage99

Novice Member

7/23/13 6:34:48 PM#97

Player models are awful.  Conjurer pets are worse!

Comaf

Advanced Member

I want an mmorpg where pvp matters, my enemies are not my race or class, and community matters.

7/23/13 6:38:23 PM#98

I can't find any sense of lore in a group with a goblin warrior and a human paladin.  Just silly stuff.

Secondly, no pvp servers any more.  Sadly, though, even if there were, they would be SOE pvp servers, meaning, the most effort they would put in is to allow two factions to duke it out in a leveling zone.  No siege, no castles, no trebuchets, no strategy, no imagination, no thanks.

Hope this helps.

lafaiel

Novice Member

7/23/13 6:44:28 PM#99

I played EQ2 from launch to the first expansion, Desert of Ro was it?  I actually really enjoyed it at launch, but in that first year I watched it get more and more changes I didn't like, It was my first MMO but I like the challenge, I liked the grouping and party play and it had a few really neat features back then that a lot of games still don't have today like player housing, guild housing and such, and that forge that could kill you while you were crafting  lol  >.>

They even  had that cool feature where you could replace the zone music with MP3's if you didn't like the music.  There is one memory that I would never lose from that game though, I never played another game with a better community than that game back then, even after moving for FFXI where I stayed for the next 7 years.

Loved Qeynos, loved running to freeport and taking that long trip for the fun of it, being chased by owlbears, seeing the sunrise of the plaints of antonica for the first time, it did leave me with a lot of great memories,  and getting my prismatic weapon after so many trials.

3-4thElf

Hard Core Member

7/23/13 6:52:06 PM#100

My wife and I played for a good 18 months solid when it first launched. Then probably that again in smaller doses there after.

I like the game well enough, hated it for awhile actually, but went back... I guess a year or so ago and sorta just accepted it for what it was. 

To answer the question directly I'm not playing because I played a lot of it, and had more than a few bad customer rep experiences. 

a yo ho ho

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search