Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Black Gold | Trove

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,306 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,188,361
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » Does EQ2 Have A Larger GameWorld Then World Of Warcraft?

8 posts found
  Imperator101

Apprentice Member

OP  5/13/13 5:07:47 PM#1

I know Everquest 1 is Larger then WoW but its graphics are not so great but Im sure you could make it look fairly good if you max the settings on a high end gaming computer. EQ1 has more then 500 Zones, still I don't know if that over 500 figure includes all Dungeons/Instances.World of Warcraft has 90 zones including all the expansions but the game world is still bigger then Guild Wars 2 probably. If you include Dungeons/Raids in WoW then the total is 253. 

What about EQ2? How large is it? 

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Zones_By_Level   It does not look like EQ2 has many zones, how is it bigger then WoW? I also heard there is player made content in EQ2 but does that include player made zones?

Arakazi

Advanced Member

5/13/13 6:16:10 PM#2

EQ2 Is simply vast, a lot bigger than WoW. But I would also say that a lot of these zones are redundant, you will never do them unless you are after shinnies and silly achievements.

Bladestrom

Elite Member

5/13/13 6:19:27 PM#3
Same applies to wow

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW (1000 hrs on main mage)> oblivion > LOTR (480 Hunter) > Rift (230 hours mage) > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(900 elementalist)

Now playing Wildstar, AOW 3

Soki123

Hard Core Member

5/13/13 6:20:16 PM#4
Originally posted by Arakazi

EQ2 Is simply vast, a lot bigger than WoW. But I would also say that a lot of these zones are redundant, you will never do them unless you are after shinnies and silly achievements.

Not redundant, if you chrono, or mentor to help friends etc. I m one of those silly people I guess.

Reehay

Apprentice Member

5/13/13 6:45:42 PM#5
Originally posted by Imperator101

I know Everquest 1 is Larger then WoW but its graphics are not so great but Im sure you could make it look fairly good if you max the settings on a high end gaming computer. EQ1 has more then 500 Zones, still I don't know if that over 500 figure includes all Dungeons/Instances.World of Warcraft has 90 zones including all the expansions but the game world is still bigger then Guild Wars 2 probably. If you include Dungeons/Raids in WoW then the total is 253. 

What about EQ2? How large is it? 

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Zones_By_Level   It does not look like EQ2 has many zones, how is it bigger then WoW? I also heard there is player made content in EQ2 but does that include player made zones?

its pretty big.. but ya... 90% of the zones are empty and redundant. EQ2 funnels you to endgame and repetitive grinding of a small amount of content. but ya, most of your time leveling up will be soloing with a henchman. Rarely do players group in dungeons, they pay for max level characters to mentor and AE run through dungeons which is the most boring thing I can imagine.

I tried EQ2 for 4 months and was lured in by the big world and number of dungeons.. but the gameplay was pretty poor and most of the time felt lonely. guess I was trying to relive the EQ feeling but honestly the game feels more like diablo2 or WoW than it does Everquest.

Nadia

Elite Member

5/13/13 6:51:18 PM#6
Originally posted by Reehay
] guess I was trying to relive the EQ feeling but honestly the game feels more like diablo2 or WoW than it does Everquest.

I enjoy EQ2 but i agree its a very different game than EQ1 - and more similar to WOW

tixylix

Hard Core Member

5/17/13 7:24:28 AM#7
EQ2 always felt smaller to me and not like a world at all because it's so instanced and zoned up. I haven't played WoW in years now though but Blizzard really ruined it with fast travel everywhere, killed the world feel.
  MajiinX

Novice Member

6/14/13 3:37:38 PM#8
Originally posted by tixylix
EQ2 always felt smaller to me and not like a world at all because it's so instanced and zoned up. I haven't played WoW in years now though but Blizzard really ruined it with fast travel everywhere, killed the world feel.

I agree with you, EQ2 world feels smaller but as you pointed out it could be because EQ2 worlds are instance and WoW is seamless.