Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Hearthstone | Camelot Unchained

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,818 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,353
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » Question about returning

7 posts found
  crazzyjake

Novice Member

OP  2/19/13 4:46:32 PM#1
So I am thinking about returning, played for a few years back when it was pay to play. I just have a question now that its gone free to play. I had a lev 50+ character I'd like to keep playing but am I going to be able to access past characters now that its gone free to play? Or was there ever a total wipe or anyhting like that for characters that haven't been played for a few years? Thanks for any info you guys can provide. Looking forward to seeing whats changed in game in the past 5 years or so.
  Ozivois

Novice Member

2/19/13 4:48:22 PM#2
They are still there
  MightyChasm

Advanced Member

2/19/13 4:50:40 PM#3
Anyone know what the problem with the cash shop is?  Its been down for days, and it's pointless starting unless I can buy the class I want.  I am getting very close to uninstalling the game if the bloody thing isn't back online soon.  
  Nadia

Tipster

2/19/13 4:56:13 PM#4
Originally posted by crazzyjake
So I am thinking about returning, played for a few years back when it was pay to play. I just have a question now that its gone free to play. I had a lev 50+ character I'd like to keep playing but am I going to be able to access past characters now that its gone free to play?

old characters were grandfathered and do not have class/race restrictions

http://eq2wire.com/2011/12/08/returning-players-grandfathered-characters/

craftseeker

Advanced Member

2/19/13 4:57:49 PM#5
Originally posted by Nadia
Originally posted by crazzyjake
So I am thinking about returning, played for a few years back when it was pay to play. I just have a question now that its gone free to play. I had a lev 50+ character I'd like to keep playing but am I going to be able to access past characters now that its gone free to play?

old characters were grandfathered and do not have class/race restrictions

http://eq2wire.com/2011/12/08/returning-players-grandfathered-characters/

But they do seem to have item restrictions.  Checking out my characters all of them are wearing unusable armor that needs to be "unlocked" or replaced with lower tier gear.

Nadia

Tipster

2/20/13 8:34:29 AM#6
Originally posted by craftseeker

But they do seem to have item restrictions.  Checking out my characters all of them are wearing unusable armor that needs to be "unlocked" or replaced with lower tier gear.

yes thats true

supposedly theres an npc in qeynos/freeport to swap your locked gear to useable gear but ive never seeked it out

EQ2 at level 85+, its best played as a sub game

under 85, ive leveled/grouped w no problems with no legendary/fabled gear

Yizle

Novice Member

2/20/13 7:25:05 PM#7
Originally posted by Nadia
Originally posted by craftseeker

yes thats true

supposedly theres an npc in qeynos/freeport to swap your locked gear to useable gear but ive never seeked it out

EQ2 at level 85+, its best played as a sub game

under 85, ive leveled/grouped w no problems with no legendary/fabled gear

Yes definately need either a lot of item unlocks and spell unlocks or be sub at higher levels. Also lack of bag/bank slots will be annoying. I could have never made it to 85 like that. 40 or 50 maybe.

But yes the great thing about the old account which I also used to return to the game.I could play them all. Just without gear.

I never found anywhere to swap equipment though. But like Nadia, I never looked.