Trending Games | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,637,187 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,072,452
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » How is Beast Lord?

3 posts found
  meleemadness

Novice Member

OP  12/25/12 3:26:30 PM#1

I haven't played in a long time.  I am trying to find a game I can play with my wife besides WOW, which I refuse to play.  Right now she likes RIFT but i am playing SWTOR.  We both played COH and liked it but that is no more.  We both played EQ2 as well and she enjoyed it.

I am looking at either LOTRO again or EQ2. I am more familiar with EQ2 due to the time I have subbed to it over the years (on and off) and I am looking forward to EQ Next....so it looks like I might make EQ2 our new home but......

What classes to play.  We both love pet classes, animal pets, not unded.  In Rift I was a Beastmaster and she was a Hunter (or ranger, whatever it was) and we were somewhat happy since we both has animal pets.  Unfortunately there was no way of getting new pet avatars and the Beastmaster soul was kinda weak which caused me to lose interest.

Now to my real question, does the Beastlord class allow you to have different pets and can you arm them like you could in EQ?  Also, is there any way possible to get a pet for a druid or ranger that has any effectiveness in EQ2 now?  My wife really loves her animal pets and depends on them (she loved her hunter in WOW).

Nadia

Elite Member

12/26/12 10:52:34 AM#2

you cannot arm pets like in EQ1

the EQ2 Beastlord pet comes in many forms and abilities - they also get their own AA tree

-- and you can collect them all :)

http://eq2wire.com/beastlord-warders/

the only EQ2 pet classes are:  Beastlord, Summoner, Enchanter, Shaman

Druids can AA spec in Agility to get access to a limited Charm that works on humanoids and beasts

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Charm_Creature

itchmon

Elite Member

12/30/12 6:02:50 PM#3
"summoner" being 2 classes, necromancer (evil) and conjuror (good) for those of you folks who arent familiar with eq2 :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins