Trending Games | Destiny | ArcheAge | Mythborne | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,206 Users Online:0
Games:738  Posts:6,238,506
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » So whats the state of the game?

6 posts found
  IMPYRE

Elite Member

Yes, I have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?

OP  12/19/12 9:23:34 AM#1

It's been a couple of years since I loaded up EQ2 (2006-2010)

Hows the population of the game since the release of their latest expansion and what are the popular servers to reroll on?

Apparently I been dropping hours into PS2 and to change up from the twitch action of PS2 when I need to, I thought I jump back into this game just to see whats going on.

The only con for me going back into this game is, do I really need the last 2 expansions to enjoy the game? I do have a monthly SOE pass, but to drop $80+ dollars to enjoy EQ2 I won't at this point.

Nadia

Elite Member

12/19/12 11:16:20 AM#2

Chains of Eternity includes DOV -- you dont need either of these until you are level 90+

Age of Discovery is a "feature" not content expansion

- with AOD, you get access to Beastlord class and mercenaries

mercenaries are very helpful but you will do fine without them

strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

12/19/12 11:37:56 AM#3
Originally posted by JR4D

Hows the population of the game since the release of their latest expansion and what are the popular servers to reroll on?

Population now is probably slightly higher than 2010.  EQ2 is one of the few games not in a decline.  AB and Freeport are the two biggest, but a few others (Crushbone) arent that far behind.  Low levels are slow across all servers (as is true in any 8 year old game) but AB is your best bet for rerolls Id say, its also a very popular server for 'progression guilds' (go through expansion content in order) if you are into that sort of thing.

IMPYRE

Elite Member

Yes, I have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?

OP  12/19/12 4:12:20 PM#4
Originally posted by strangiato2112
Originally posted by JR4D

Population now is probably slightly higher than 2010.  EQ2 is one of the few games not in a decline.  AB and Freeport are the two biggest, but a few others (Crushbone) arent that far behind.  Low levels are slow across all servers (as is true in any 8 year old game) but AB is your best bet for rerolls Id say, its also a very popular server for 'progression guilds' (go through expansion content in order) if you are into that sort of thing.

Awesome!

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Scorchien

Hard Core Member

12/19/12 4:15:18 PM#5
  I just rolled a new BL on AB , server is very active , still agreat game , and great fun..
  itchmon

Elite Member

12/21/12 12:00:30 AM#6

Antonia's the way to go as many have said :)

it's very friendly as well, all things considered.

When i originally played i had characters on the other defunct rp server (lucan) but when i rerolled from scratch i joined AB as lucan is no more.  it's a gem of a server.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins