Trending Games | Moonrise | Crowfall | Cabal 2 | Guild Wars 2

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,982,714 Users Online:0
Games:827  Posts:6,431,487
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » EQ2 end-game compared to MoP

3 posts found
  tuppe99

Hard Core Member

OP  12/14/12 3:37:47 AM#1

Sorry, I am sure comparisons between EQ2 and WoW had been done a million times, but I am trying to get rid of the gorilla on my back, so I am looking at giving EQ2 or Vanguard a go. I was hoping a few people here can give me some insight on how EQ2 and MoP differs at max-level.

I will say upfront that I don't like the way the daily quests in MoP works. I don't mind doing them whenever I feel like it, but I like alternatives to progressing my character and since I am not in a raiding guild and the fact that I don't have time for that anyway, I need to look elsewhere to get my fat loot.

I don't mind that raiders get better loot than myself, but I want to continue progressing my character in small steps along the way, doing things I like.

I like crafting my own gear, but in WoW crafting is very limited and boring.

I like to grind world mobs for gear and crafting mats, but in WoW you still need recipes from faction reps and have to do the dailies to get that.

WIll I have alternatives to progessing my character in EQ2 or should I best look elsewhere for that (like Vanguard)?

BlackcatZero

Novice Member

12/14/12 4:13:34 AM#2

Eq2 as Quest you can do clear up to 95 but so far The only way to get to 95 is by doing SS off of Withlands and easy to work faction by doing so plus get great gear for your toon. they just release an exp that takes you to the land of the dead to get some higher gear then SS but so far SOE as not figured how to make leveling for the Zone faster then SS. As for crafting Eq2 as Crafting clear up to 95 and you can do some Quest and Writs along the way.

As for Vanguard it as Quest and mobs for Levels 1 to 55 and Crafting is fun but they also have a third option Diplomant where you play a nice Card game to gain your Faction and Gloy with the Town Folk (Help full to Gain Faction this way) only Problem with Vanguard it's better F2P because the issues that it was born with are some what still there but if you don't mind a some what buggy game it's a nice game and fun.

World of Warcraft you mostly covered.

Plus there Other games Coming out Wizardry Online it's fun but old graphics and Per-Death is mostly 50\50

Dc Online Fun game if you like Super hero Type games

Dragon's prophet is made by The People who made Runes of Magic and you get a Dragon to Ride.

Most of my Favorite is Guild Wars 2, Eq2, Vanguard and Wow but all of the SOE games you can just Download off of they're site and try them out for Free and Guild wars is also Buy to play but Free after that. they're so many free to play games you have your hands full  and they good games too.

Knytta

Elite Member

12/14/12 5:41:55 PM#3

Well, the EQ2 endgame has changed and as said earlier the emphasis on raiding has gone down. Start with eq2 free to play and pay $ 5 for silver membership with that you can easily play up to 75 something withouth problems. After that you will need some unlockers for gear, after the mid 80s you will need a sub as you will be unable to use any new armor and weapons.

But this was about endgame. You can solo to 90 (or group as group xp bonus have changed) on the free content. After 90 you need to buy the CoE expansion to get acess to 90-95 content. So what can you do there, there is a soloquestline that takes you up to 92 no problems with that. At 92 you have Skysrine (SS) for equipment and gear, SS has daily soloquests that has a chance for good gear or you can get a group especially if you are in a inclusive guild. For levels 92-95 there is a questline that you can do solo but you will need a Merc in the dungeons or bring a friend, the solo questline gives very little xp but it is doable to get to 95 that way. What is new in CoE is that all dungeons have more or less the same drops, all dungeons have duo settings that sometimes have tricky but doable scripts. You can easlily see all the end dungeons and get quite OK gear as a casual player. If you are into tradeskilling you will have a lot to do in Eq2 as it is a separate progression and you can get quite a lot of money just selling rare harvest materials. In endgame you can do several things do all the endgame dungeons soloor in group, grind older expansion mobs for loot or money, craft, or just harvest. If you find the right guild you will be able to do lots of the older raids for fun.

From your description I think you would like the Eq2 endgame just be prepared that it is a lonely way to get there, I would recomennd either Freeport or the Antonia Bayle server for population.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarca