Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Landmark | Lichdom: Battlemage

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,847,140 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,430
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » The Tavern (General) » So, is "Free 2 Play" really meaning "Free to get miserable unless you spend cash"?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  Entris38

Hard Core Member

10/24/12 7:19:08 AM#21
Originally posted by Sunscour
Originally posted by Aelious
I've heard of that but it's EQLive right? I cut my teeth on EQ and had a great time I just like the features EQ2 has too much to to back. With the recent backlash against shallow themeparks EQ2 is probably the most (or one of the most) under appreciated games out there.

I agree....

I also agree......I always come back to this game. I started with UO and ran into EQ about 3-4 months after launch. Love the setting/lore. I end up playing for about 3 months, then try the next big thing, then right back to EQ2. EQ2 really just has so much more to offer than anything else out there.

I attempted one time to come back as FTP and didn't last one play session......get nickle and dimed or just pay a sub, it's an easy choice. I understand the business model completely.

Siveria

Spotlight Poster

12/04/12 2:01:14 PM#22
Right now I wanna sub but kinda pissy how I need to buy expansions in a game that has a f2p model. SO not sure on what to do.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search