Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,555 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,236
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/08/04)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest II Forum » Guilds » New Starter /Returning Player Guild Forming

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
137 posts found
  strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

11/12/12 4:43:39 PM#41
Originally posted by rutaq

As thing settle in the over next couple days we will get even more organized and begin our Dungeon world tour  :)    hmm  Blackburrow, Crushbone, Kaladim, Runnyeye, Temple of Cazic-Thule so many cool places to check out as we level into the newest expansion.

For people unfamiliar with EQ2, there are two varieties of dungeon: open world and instances.

Early on the bulk are open world, but as you get higher there are more instanced but there is are always open world dungeons as well.  The EQ2 instances typically involve some minor puzzle solving/questing and are well worth doing.  Nektropos Castle and Dvinnian Throne (which is lcoated within the Crushbone dungeon) are both early-mid 30s.  Deathfist Citadel at 40 is another great run.  Unrest at 70 is one of the greatest instances in MMORPG history, and EQ vets will LOVE the nostalgia.

EQ has a nice mix between the two styles, instanced and static

Trudge34

Apprentice Member

11/12/12 4:48:45 PM#42
Originally posted by strangiato2112

As thing settle in the over next couple days we will get even more organized and begin our Dungeon world tour  :)    hmm  Blackburrow, Crushbone, Kaladim, Runnyeye, Temple of Cazic-Thule so many cool places to check out as we level into the newest expansion.

For people unfamiliar with EQ2, there are two varieties of dungeon: open world and instances.

Early on the bulk are open world, but as you get higher there are more instanced but there is are always open world dungeons as well.  The EQ2 instances typically involve some minor puzzle solving/questing and are well worth doing.  Nektropos Castle and Dvinnian Throne (which is lcoated within the Crushbone dungeon) are both early-mid 30s.  Deathfist Citadel at 40 is another great run.  Unrest at 70 is one of the greatest instances in MMORPG history, and EQ vets will LOVE the nostalgia.

EQ has a nice mix between the two styles, instanced and static

Do the Unrest trains still make a lap around the zone before going back to spawn like on EQ1? :D

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
80 Sylvari Ranger

Nadia

Tipster

11/12/12 5:32:36 PM#43

my primary server is Freeport but im giving this a spin :)

I'm Krystin -- newbie conjuror in the guild

insideout321

Novice Member

OP  11/12/12 11:23:26 PM#44

UPDATE: The guild is lvl 6 already after one day and we are at 30 accounts and 34 members as of one day.

I will keep letting more players in until we hit about 60 members .

After that mark ill be closing recruiting due to wanting a tight knit family kind of guild where we all know each other.

I dont like or care for huge guilds where nonobdy knows you or your looked at as a number. For those who like to power trip.

We are going ot be running lower level dungeons tommorow and going from there content wise.

Thanks everyone!

ThumbtackJ

Novice Member

11/12/12 11:41:16 PM#45
I'd be down with joining. I'm Eldsar on AB.

Om bhur bhuvah svah
tát savitúr váreniyam
bhárgo devásya dhimahi
dhíyo yó nah pracodáyat

hockeyplayr

Advanced Member

11/12/12 11:43:55 PM#46

I have to say that this guild is very friendly and helpful.  Im fairly quiet (don't really speak much unless i have a question) but that doesn't seem to deter anyone away from helping

**Edit im Jechi in game.  May be on later just waiting to see if the new nexus 4 launches at midnight eastern time or not

Yizle

Novice Member

11/13/12 12:06:18 AM#47

I may clear a slot and make a char over there. What classes do we have the most of and which are needed?

Not too sure what I want to play. May go Illy or Dirge/Troub.

Jenosyde

Novice Member

11/13/12 12:54:17 AM#48
Downloading will message someone ingame will be new to the game though. :)
  paulytheb

Advanced Member

11/13/12 2:01:18 AM#49

I'll play.  Been thinking about trying this with a guild, and this sounds like a perfect time to jump in.

Marking this thread so I can find it again in the morning.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

Mavek

Apprentice Member

11/13/12 2:18:23 AM#50

Hey I'm currently in college and never played EQ2 before, but I've played a bunch of other mmo's including wow lotro eve vanguard rift etc (themepark mania).  Since I'm in college I cant really afford a sub fee at the moment so I was wondering how would I fair if I wanted to play the free version of the game?

Thank in advance, I haven't stuck with an mmo in 2-3 years now and I'd like to find one I could play casually with a good group of people (athletics and school only allow so much time for games).

insideout321

Novice Member

OP  11/13/12 6:30:58 AM#51

Sounds good to all who have posted wanting to join ill make sure and keep a spot for you!

Free to play is ok but its limiting on classes, races and more. But no worries if you need anything we can help you out.

Need storage one of us can hold your stuff for you or i can reserve bank slot 4 for our f2p players.

We are on the guild finder now and ive given everyone recruiting permissin in case some of us our not online. Last night we had 14 players on at the same time and voice had all but 1 in it.

Were talking about going to vent so we can have a few different channels for dungeons and what not we had alot of people talking at the same time lol.

Class wise we have alot of peopel trying out the same ones. I would pick one you want to play as a main and enjoy , Im sure some people will end up leaving as it happens in every guild .I dont think we have any illusionist or coercer at this time.

Today i will be making the website so we can start posting low level and medium dungeon runs for those who want to sign up.

Im noly lvl 12 on my new toon some have sy rocketed to 20-30 already .

Most are in there 8-15 range as of now.

I will be letting my guildies decorate the guild hall , i think this is a nice feature seeing how the guildies are the ones who level the guild , never understood why other guild leaders dont allow much of this.

Will probably start some lower level heritage qsts also soon.

See you in game!

rutaq

Hard Core Member

11/13/12 10:19:25 AM#52

We have a great solid start so far, and are getting close to 50 people.

Everyone is starting their main characters at level 1 so you actually have lots of active players close to your level to hang with.  It is a nice change from the standard....  Hey welcome hee is some gold and a couple backpacks....  when you hit 92 let us know....

It is nice to see MMORPG.com being used to pull players together, rather than then usually outlet to complain about the state of MMOs and the overhyped soon to fail themepark  :p

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

11/13/12 10:47:13 AM#53

Joined today as Miniflyn, gnome dirge.

Will be fun to run the lower content with your folks :)

Trudge34

Apprentice Member

11/13/12 10:47:52 AM#54
Just finally got my character made last night and leveled up a bit. Met up with Faedom on a different server over the last few days and knew there was talk about a new startup guild. Really impressed at how quickly we're filling up spots and everyone seemed pretty helpful and fun to be in chat with. Looking forward to advancing through the game in the upcoming weeks for sure. Maybe the game isn't exactly what everyone is looking for, but can tell the one big thing that's missing out of most games today is not absent in here now. Got a good community started here.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
80 Sylvari Ranger

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

11/13/12 10:48:23 AM#55

Hey welcome hee is some gold and a couple backpacks....  when you hit 92 let us know....

Made me smile, but you got gold?? I never got gold

Jenelea

Novice Member

11/13/12 11:15:12 AM#56

Hi Guys, 

I'll be making a char today on AB to join you, can't wait to meet you all! Really looking forward to this.

ElderRat

Novice Member

11/13/12 11:19:29 AM#57
Originally posted by Jenelea

Hi Guys, 

I'll be making a char today on AB to join you, can't wait to meet you all! Really looking forward to this.

I should be on after it comes back up - Elderrat in game as well - send me or anyone else on the recruiting page and we will invite you.  I'm not in charge of the gold tho, lol.

Currently bored with MMO's.

paulytheb

Advanced Member

11/13/12 11:50:48 AM#58
Originally posted by Mavek

Hey I'm currently in college and never played EQ2 before, but I've played a bunch of other mmo's including wow lotro eve vanguard rift etc (themepark mania).  Since I'm in college I cant really afford a sub fee at the moment so I was wondering how would I fair if I wanted to play the free version of the game?

Thank in advance, I haven't stuck with an mmo in 2-3 years now and I'd like to find one I could play casually with a good group of people (athletics and school only allow so much time for games).

EQ2 is playable for free. You can do quite a bit. If you just want to play and explore and level up , that alone will last you for  quite a while. The gear and spell restrictions don't really matter to a leveling toon. The bag and bankspace kinda sucks, you just have to avoid being a packrat.Really none of the restrictions will matter until you want to start doing endgame type stuff.

The only one that really hurts is you can't use the Auction House for free. Even that though, can be mitigated by joining a guild and making friends.(You could have a friend sell an item you can't use)

Out of all the FTP games, EQ2 probably has the most content, so there is a lot to see and do before you have to pay.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

Krematory

Advanced Member

MMOHOLIC

11/13/12 12:32:12 PM#59
Never played EQ2 before, but I'm tempted to try it because of your guild :-) I'm gonna download the game and open a f2p account and maybe make it my side game.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

rutaq

Hard Core Member

11/13/12 1:02:13 PM#60
Originally posted by Vesavius

Hey welcome hee is some gold and a couple backpacks....  when you hit 92 let us know....

Made me smile, but you got gold?? I never got gold

Instead of handing out gold, gear  and packs for you to use as you solo level 92 to catch up like most established guilds,  you get to group with cool guildmates instead  :P

On a serious note,  we really are starting fresh and don't have a bunch of 92 level characters to twink us with gold or crafted gear...  So earning guild status,  levelig crafting skills and working through quests and Dungeons matters... at least for the next couple of months until the guild levels up.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search