Trending Games | EVE Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Stronghold Kingdoms | Guild Wars 2

Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,988,999 Users Online:0
Games:829  Posts:6,439,607
IMC Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 07/10/07)  | Pub:EuroGamez GmbH
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Granado Espada Online Forum » General Discussion » How did this game get into the top #7 released mmo's?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  RebelScum99

Apprentice Member

10/19/13 9:00:02 AM#21
Originally posted by shadowxdrago
Originally posted by evilastro

Oh really? The same game list that claims DFUW is number 4?!?!

Seems legit!

No really, if you cant tell that the rating system on this site is skewed by fanatical minorities, then there is no hope for you.  Solid games like EQ, EQ2, LOTRO and WoW getting lower scores than these trainwrecks is a joke.

I was JUST starting to agree with you until you added WoW to the list of games that should be getting high scores. Then I just shook my head in sadness... :(

WoW shouldn't get higher scores?  Even the biggest haters in the world can't say that with a straight face, can they?

saiweed

Novice Member

here to counter

OP  10/21/13 3:38:36 PM#22
Originally posted by evilastro

Oh really? The same game list that claims DFUW is number 4?!?!

Seems legit!

No really, if you cant tell that the rating system on this site is skewed by fanatical minorities, then there is no hope for you.  Solid games like EQ, EQ2, LOTRO and WoW getting lower scores than these trainwrecks is a joke.

Oh okay so I'm a hopeless idiot? Because god forbid I try to raise some sort of global awareness...lol

iJustWant

Novice Member

10/21/13 4:06:29 PM#23
Originally posted by aspekx
so no one else has noted the correlation of the sudden appearance of GE adverts on this site with its skyrocketing performance on the list of best games?

The list "Most Popular Games" is generated based on the # of unique hits on the website for individual games, not a "best" games list.

That being said, it's not that much of a surprise to see some correlation. Someone sees an ad for a game, then uses this website to read articles for that game.

Still, I'm not sure that there isn't someone shaking hands under the table somewhere, or that there could be some random game interjected into the list from time to time. Like a wildcard team making the playoffs in the NFL.

As I type this, Today's top 10 popular games on the homepage are:

• #1 Guild Wars 2 6,592 hits
  • #2 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 6,381 Hits
  • #3 EverQuest Next 5,887 Hits
  • #4 World of Warcraft 5,267 Hits
  • #5 Elder Scrolls Online 4,058 Hits
  • #6 Rift 3,924 Hits
  • #7 WildStar 3,682 Hits
  • #8 Gloria Victis 3,579 Hits
  • #9 Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade 3,068 Hits
  • #10 Star Wars: The Old Republic 2,021 Hits

I'd never even heard of the as yet un-released game Gloria Victis. There hasn't been a thread on this website about the game since September. I'm highly dubious as to the accuracy of the top 10 list, if that game is supposedly getting more hits than Warhammer and SWTOR.

Woopin

Novice Member

10/21/13 4:44:26 PM#24

It is quite easy to manipulate page hits given the right tools. Again these are page view hits. People do not look at the WoW page as much because it is the same old same old. My guess is they where back linking somewhere for hits that lead to MMORPG.com on that page to get the ranking up.

Admins keep an eye on trends usually and remove all hits when something like this happens. As for the one currently at #8 it is new I believe and new things usually get hits due to the fact it is new and nothing more.  

SnarlingWolf

Novice Member

10/21/13 4:58:57 PM#25
Originally posted by iJustWant
Originally posted by aspekx
so no one else has noted the correlation of the sudden appearance of GE adverts on this site with its skyrocketing performance on the list of best games?

The list "Most Popular Games" is generated based on the # of unique hits on the website for individual games, not a "best" games list.

That being said, it's not that much of a surprise to see some correlation. Someone sees an ad for a game, then uses this website to read articles for that game.

Still, I'm not sure that there isn't someone shaking hands under the table somewhere, or that there could be some random game interjected into the list from time to time. Like a wildcard team making the playoffs in the NFL.

As I type this, Today's top 10 popular games on the homepage are:

• #1 Guild Wars 2 6,592 hits
  • #2 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 6,381 Hits
  • #3 EverQuest Next 5,887 Hits
  • #4 World of Warcraft 5,267 Hits
  • #5 Elder Scrolls Online 4,058 Hits
  • #6 Rift 3,924 Hits
  • #7 WildStar 3,682 Hits
  • #8 Gloria Victis 3,579 Hits
  • #9 Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade 3,068 Hits
  • #10 Star Wars: The Old Republic 2,021 Hits

I'd never even heard of the as yet un-released game Gloria Victis. There hasn't been a thread on this website about the game since September. I'm highly dubious as to the accuracy of the top 10 list, if that game is supposedly getting more hits than Warhammer and SWTOR.

You can exploit the system to bot up any game you want. It is very very very easy to get around the unique hits and just roll a game up high whenever you want. MMORPG.com knows this. They just don't care enough to do anything because that chart is meaningless in the first place.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search