The Age of Conan monthly game director's letter has been rechristened "Monthly Development Update". This month's version has arrived on the official site with some news about the forthcoming 2.1 update. Devs outline some of the new PvP content coming with 2.1 including the Call of Jhebbal Sag mini-game and also spend time describing some new social content in the form of guild events and horse racing.
The Guild Events are new social mini-games held in guild city taverns ("outdoor") or in the guild city cultural retreats ("indoor"). There are five Event types introduced in this patch:
- Treasure Hunt - (outdoor only) Pick up randomly scattered treasures across the zone for the highest point total.
- Demon Hunt - (outdoor only) Find your compatriots that have become demons and catch them for points. As a demon, survive without being caught for points.
- Ymir's Hunt - (indoor only) Freezetag! Run away from the Ymirish or you'll be frozen. Survive or unfreeze others for points.
- Storytelling - (indoor or outdoor) Take turns telling a story and vote for the finest storyteller over multiple elimination rounds.
- Insult Contest - (indoor or outdoor) Skillfully insult a given target using the theme provided and vote for whoever you feel is the best at slinging the proverbial mud to give them points.
Check out the full Monthly Development Update HERE.
Thanks AmazingAvery for the tip!