Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Black Gold | Trove

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,226 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,188,189
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Age Of Conan. A new look.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
65 posts found
  Po_gg

Elite Member

10/28/12 9:59:23 AM#61
Originally posted by Yakamomoto

And hey it´s Sheldon approved! :D

Even better, it's Queen Penelope approved :)

f0dell54

Novice Member

Sanity....
It's for the weak.

10/28/12 10:04:16 AM#62
I honestly enjoy AoC and have come back to it on and off since launch. I've been playing it for a few weeks now and can say it's a very good game. I also really like Criag Morrison eventhough a lot of people say that most of what he says is lip service. I believe that he has some really good ideas and general understands mmos.
  eddieg50

Advanced Member

11/26/12 10:10:43 AM#63
   I played AOC when it first came out and was amazed at its graphics, combat and story.   Tortage levels 1-20 are the best 20 levels I have ever played in a mmo and I have played many mmo's. I played on a PvP server so it was very intense as it was open world, playing a ranger I loved turning invisible, sneaking up on people and letting lose with a volley of arrows. I also loved it when you were being chased by gankers and gave them the slip by sliding down a river from the top of a mountain-great fun.   As fun as the early play was I did feel they dropped the ball after Tortage, harvesting and crafting were crap and the story line went down hill. I also felt the community was one of the worst I had ever seen, even worse than WOW and that is saying something.  I have no regrets but I did leave to try other games and about 4 months ago I figured I would try the F2P option but their F2P is one of the worst I have ever seen.  Perhaps when they come out with their new crafting system I may try again because the game does have some fond memories for me
  FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

11/26/12 10:15:58 AM#64

I didn't try it until it went F2P.  I did have a lot of fun on release reading their official forums though.  What a fustercluck that was.

Tortage was pretty good, not as good as SWTOR storytelling imo but still good.  It quickly got boring for me after that though.  I would have stayed to the level cap but I had no interest in subbing and their payment model didn't allow single purchases of content as an alternative to subs.  I also really wasn't a fan of the combat.

Po_gg

Elite Member

11/26/12 10:37:51 AM#65
Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I didn't try it until it went F2P.  I did have a lot of fun on release reading their official forums though.  What a fustercluck that was.

Tortage was pretty good, not as good as SWTOR storytelling imo but still good.  It quickly got boring for me after that though.  I would have stayed to the level cap but I had no interest in subbing and their payment model didn't allow single purchases of content as an alternative to subs.  I also really wasn't a fan of the combat.

Yep, their f2p is close to worthless (to quote from myself: "before f2p, with the unlimited trial I could get 4 buddies ingame (3 of them subscribed). After the f2p conversion I tried to show it a few people, everyone's left before level10...")

But if you left Tortage and went to the main land on an f2p acc, then you should get some award of patience :) And out of curiousity, I also really wasn't a fan of the combat.  which class did you choose?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search