Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | War Thunder | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,597 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,546
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Game Suggestions » How to get Funcom to change this?

7 posts found
  Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2015's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

OP  7/19/11 3:34:26 AM#1

After going back to AoC's move to a hybrid F2P model, I was actually happy, until I saw the 2 gold cap on my characters. At first, I figured I could pruchase an upgrade in the item shop, no such luck. I was pretty upset that there were still so many issues in AoC that have existed since launch, but that was just me being upset. If Funcom actually put something in the item shop to increase the gold cap, I would probably utilize the F2P and keep playing a great game. Until then, the F2P model is pointless cause you can't do anything if all you can own is 2 gold at a time, cause the economy is not that cheap.

Karmakazi

Novice Member

Something's not right.

7/19/11 3:42:35 AM#2

Well, that's because its not truly a F2P game..It's basically an extended trial is what they're offering. You want no gold cap? Pay their subscription and enjoy the game in its entirity.

The gold cap is with good reason, it keeps gold farmers from making many accounts and ruining the economy of the game. Sure it may be nuisance to legitimate players, but if you truly enjoy the game..you should just pay the monthly fee and support it. It is a premium based game afterall and it does need a income. Other than that, I'm sure there's more open (but awfully lower quality) free to plays that have no gold caps, give those a run if you don't want to pay.

ormstunga

Advanced Member

stupid is as stupid does

7/19/11 3:57:08 AM#3

Yes ofc you cant have the full game and not pay a dime. How do you honestly think a game like that would keep floating? It's more a way of keeping servers populated to enhance the experience for the paying costumers, imo. Also a good way to get ppl to try your game and maybe "lure" in a couple into subscribing. At least if you have a good game like Lotro, not so much with this game (sry just my opinion, I'm sure some would say the opposite).

Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2015's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

OP  7/19/11 3:37:00 PM#4
Originally posted by ormstunga

Yes ofc you cant have the full game and not pay a dime. How do you honestly think a game like that would keep floating? It's more a way of keeping servers populated to enhance the experience for the paying costumers, imo. Also a good way to get ppl to try your game and maybe "lure" in a couple into subscribing. At least if you have a good game like Lotro, not so much with this game (sry just my opinion, I'm sure some would say the opposite).

Well, I do play LOTRO as a F2P, but I went over to AoC to try out their F2P which looked very similar to LOTRO. Problem is, LOTRO offers a gold cap increase for F2P in the item shop and no gold cap for previous P2P accounts that are using F2P. Then I move to AoC with a previously P2P account only to find with a F2P setup, no matter what, I'm stuck with a 2 gold cap? Seriously, what the hell is anyone going to do with 2 gold in AoC? Absolutely nothing. At least offer something to increase it in the item shop.

As for resubbing to AoC? Not going to happen until they fix all the crap thats wrong with the game thats been around since launch ( Latency, Memory Usage, Crashes, Stuck on Terrain and Poor Crafting System..) If Funcom remains a lazy gaming company that has billing issues as often as they do, they will go bankrupt, end of story.

So, no gold cap increase = no reason to F2P. No fixes to 3 year old game breaking issues = no reason to P2P.

Elphyi

Novice Member

7/27/12 12:44:01 AM#5
Originally posted by Rhoklaw
Originally posted by ormstunga

Well, I do play LOTRO as a F2P, but I went over to AoC to try out their F2P which looked very similar to LOTRO. Problem is, LOTRO offers a gold cap increase for F2P in the item shop and no gold cap for previous P2P accounts that are using F2P. Then I move to AoC with a previously P2P account only to find with a F2P setup, no matter what, I'm stuck with a 2 gold cap? Seriously, what the hell is anyone going to do with 2 gold in AoC? Absolutely nothing. At least offer something to increase it in the item shop.

As for resubbing to AoC? Not going to happen until they fix all the crap thats wrong with the game thats been around since launch ( Latency, Memory Usage, Crashes, Stuck on Terrain and Poor Crafting System..) If Funcom remains a lazy gaming company that has billing issues as often as they do, they will go bankrupt, end of story.

So, no gold cap increase = no reason to F2P. No fixes to 3 year old game breaking issues = no reason to P2P.

ok the point of the f2p part is to get people to try it and subscribe, as its a trial, yes they could add the gold cap in the cash shop but then your gonna see alot of gold farmers.  which ruin a game.  second the majority of your issues with the game sound like could be partly on your end....   i have no problems with memory usuage, latency, crashes or getting stuck. only one i see there is crafting which is true but imo its decent enough to get by not good not the worst ive seen.  yet i dont expect you to think logically. so toodlez~

Elphyi Xfire Miniprofile
  Nitth

Hard Core Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

7/27/12 12:52:20 AM#6

What are you doing on a freemium account that requires you to have more than 2g?

You know that is retroactive right? when you sub you get all your acquired gold available to you?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Mexorilla

Apprentice Member

7/27/12 12:53:38 AM#7

judging from your avatar im guessing everything you write is biased.  find something more constructive to do.