Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,898 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,071
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

9 posts found
  ArzhAngel

Apprentice Member

OP  3/21/10 11:14:56 AM#1

Well overall the feats are okay, but still alot of them are so weak. But beside that i the system realy bad, becuse that players are farced to spec in area that they arnt gonner use or ever will use.
Beside that i realy find the classes spcial abiltyes, skills and feats kind of boring.

AmazingAvery

Age of Conan Advocate

The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.

4/27/10 10:27:49 PM#2
Originally posted by ArzhAngel

Well overall the feats are okay, but still alot of them are so weak. But beside that i the system realy bad, becuse that players are farced to spec in area that they arnt gonner use or ever will use.
Beside that i realy find the classes spcial abiltyes, skills and feats kind of boring.

Wait till the the Alternate Advance system comes in with the expansion two weeks today. What level for what classes feats are you referring to?

Conan Vids Corsair 800d Case/i7 930 @ 4.4ghz/EVGA x58 760 Classified/Corsair Dominator 12GB 1600/Corsair HX1000 PSU/GTX 580x2/Intel X25-M SSD/2x WD 1TB Blacks/Corsair H90 cooler / 1x 28" 1900x1200 monitor/ G-19 Keyboard/ G500 mouse

ArzhAngel

Apprentice Member

OP  5/13/10 4:19:29 AM#3

Anyone of them im afread.

And about the AS.

FAIL

http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showpost.php?p=20578297&postcount=203

BesCirga

Novice Member

6/01/10 5:57:55 AM#4

I'm afraid you have to be more specific that. I refuse to believe you played every class up to a decent level where you'd be able to try out every feat, in every class. Until then, this thread is a big FAIL(as you so teenly put it)

User Deleted
6/01/10 6:07:17 AM#5

The problem is that you progress through a "tree" and pick up skills that you don´t really need because there´s one further ahead that you do need? This is nothing special or new. Many games works just like this when it comes to talents. Maybe try a game where you can choose your skills abit more freely?

The AA´s take a little different approach but is in the big picture more or less the same just with more choices.

BesCirga

Novice Member

6/01/10 6:21:11 AM#6

I agree that it is nothing new or special, but this does not, for the most part, apply to AoC. The feat "tree" in AoC is not a "tree" at all - in the usual sense. The feats are solely based amount of points spends in the entire tree, so you don't have to go through feats just to go get to that feat with higher level requirement. (there are exceptions)

User Deleted
6/01/10 6:42:02 AM#7

I see what you´re saying but the main issue is still at hand. If you have to choose specific talents or spend a certain amount of points to get to a talent doesn´t really differentiate other then in a pure almost semantic way right.

Now I don´t mind this i´m used to this kind of progression and I would argue that most, if not all, games are made this way just named different. If it´s a game where you have skills to choose "freely" from you still have to get "good" with axes before you can train "great" with axes and so on. In CO for instance you´re "free" to choose your powers anyway you like but in that case you have to have spent a certain amount of points in that "power" or a certain amount on powers in total.

All class based games go through a similar setup. They let you specialize through Talents, advancements and so on and these talents defines where you main power lies.

Not arguing with anyone just thought this what was the OP meant, and if so there are other games that give you a larger sense of "freedom"

BesCirga

Novice Member

6/01/10 6:54:29 AM#8

We are on a general agreement, but I have yet to be forced to pick a feat I didn't want in AoC, except with my Ranger. The lvl 70 feat only needs 40 points spend. There are around 25 feats and 75 feat points to be spend in each tree. That means that out of a total of 25 feats, the OP would find 8 to 12 of the feats useless. If thats the case, I can't but blame the player himself.  

User Deleted
6/01/10 6:58:53 AM#9

Aye that´s true. I was merely debating the general progression rather then this game in specific.