Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | Destiny | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,380 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,620
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Game Suggestions » Personal Age of Conan Review

3 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  8/25/09 12:29:09 AM#1

Pros

• Incredible graphics. This game's use of DX10 blows away the visual standards of MMOs, and it has a wide variety of graphics options, allowing anyone with a mid to high-end computer to play with a satisfied compromise of visuals and framerate. 
  • Combat was overall exciting and fast paced. The use of combos made skill a necessity and deciding factor in PvP.
  • In depth character customization both aesthetically and in gameplay.
  • High-end PvP is rewarding, competitive, and satisfying.
  • Dungeons and raids are challenging and require teamwork. They vary a lot too, providing for a new fight each encounter.
  • Level 1-20 content is extremely solid.
  • Developers pay attention to the players. They commonly revisit old zones to ensure the leveling experience is solid, along with providing new content.

Cons

• This game works with a slow, confusing, and sometimes unresponsive user interface.
  • This game can be a bit overwhelming for gamers new to MMOs.
  • System requirements are very high.
  • The crafting and gathering system is very poor, underdeveloped, and uninteresting.
  • Classes are generally unbalanced in PvP.
  • Animations are often rough and glitchy.
  • All classes start out the same and everyone starts in the same zone.

I always love criticism. I'd like to hear what you think of my review. Please post a response!

Kichi

Apprentice Member

8/31/09 7:23:46 PM#2

Generally I find the game reasonably good.  The Pros and Cons mentioned above are fairly accurate with a few additions and exceptions.  The endgame, I feel, is still lacking. Raids can get monotonous especially when you are doing the same dungeon(s) every week.  There are some very annoying bugs - resources reset to zero in guild city areas if you swap characters and if no other guild member is there.  Armour is dull with classes virtually all dressed the same with identical weapons (epic at level 80).

Expansion of content (Patch 1.05.3) was sorely needed but it brought with it atrocious lag and disconnects. May be it was more the large influx of returning gamers that is continuing to overwhelm the servers.  While not everyone has experienced these lag spikes, there are some for whom the game has now become unplayable.  I know this to be true because we are losing guild members who are giving up on the game due to severe lag. This lag is not just confined to Tarantia Common and one is continually seeing postings asking if anyone else is experiencing "Lag".

Having played Anarchy Online I have noticed a marked similarity with in-game Latency with AoC. With Anarchy all Funcom did was to release new expansions without fixing underlying problems.  It is really disappointing to see that Funcom don't learn from past experiences and again rely on producing expansions while they lose customers due to incompetency.  I read, on the European Forum, yesterday that one person (who had been unable to play for over a month due to lag, etc.) had been given 7 days free addition game-play to their account by a GM.  This seems a bit futile and one has to wonder if all the experienced staff have been reassigned to develop expansions rather than fixing bugs and latency issues.

Blackwell99

Novice Member

8/31/09 9:18:33 PM#3

• This game can be a bit overwhelming for gamers new to MMOs.

I always love criticism. I'd like to hear what you think of my review. Please post a response!

Well..im not sure what you mean by overwhelming...the game is as shallow as a Frisbee. Please explain.

and

How come no mention of FUBAR'd sieges?

or the economy?

or class balance?

or a lack of armour choices?