Trending Games | Swordsman | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,827 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,567
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Class Discussion » Just wondering if level 80 Rangers still suck in patch 1.05?

7 posts found
  Combspe

Novice Member

OP  7/09/09 2:15:17 AM#1

I just got an invite to come try the game again and I have a level 80 ranger. Was wondering if anyone knew if there are any decent changes for rangers in the 1.05 patch? I don't want to waste my time installing again if there are no clear changes to the class. I know I can start a free level 50 character but I really want to play my ranger if they have made decent changes to the class.

dumpsterbaby

Novice Member

After a while the sweat, urine, and coitus juices all start to smell the same...

7/18/09 1:05:09 AM#2

I just finished a reply to a similar post above. 

The short of it...Rangers are pretty gimp.  In PvP at least.

lvl 7 mage WoW

Aznmask

Novice Member

7/26/09 6:17:55 AM#3

I mean why not you get to the adapt of the changed. If you are an experience pvper then it not a problem for you to adapt some of the class balance issue.

Teala

Spotlight Poster

"Really officer, they're herbs."

7/26/09 8:36:47 AM#4

They have sucked since the first month of release.   There are way better clases for PvP in AOC.  Go with one of them.

phil18

Novice Member

8/10/09 1:10:50 AM#5

Are rangers the best pvp class at 80? Not by a long shot. But they are decent and considered fairly well balanced.

phildude16 Xfire Miniprofile
  Kalik-Kaotik

Novice Member

10/11/09 6:58:22 AM#6

Going to give AoC another shot. I'm 78 now. Hopefully in the 1month I pay for I can hit 80 on my ranger. Learn the new concepts of stats since that changed.

If he isn't fun at 80 I'll farm with him, and try the free 50th lvl guy. Wonder what class to pick though?

Kamukoira

Novice Member

11/04/09 12:58:12 PM#7

Rangers were one of the classes which got a revamp in 1.05. Many things were improved in trees, both in bow and xbow. And they really weren't that bad earlier either and after the revamp they are just doing better.

But in a game like Age of Conan, you can't really blame much on your class, it is you who gets killed and it is you who kills people. I'm talking about skill here and if you are a skilled player, you can do insanely well in both group pvp and duels. Overall ranger players have one of the best K/D ratios out there. Rangers are also considered as the one of the easiest classes to play because of the ranger and average survivability, even the bad rangers can get loads of kills and that's why it is hard to make conclusions based on k/d ratio who is a good player or not. And because ranger class doesn't require you to maximize your skills, the whole ranger playerbase is considered one of the worst skilled players in the game along with classes like necromancers and demonologists and the most of the whine about rangers at any level range is duo the fact that those whiners can't just play the game.

So what I mean, if you like the class, there are no reason to try it or play it.

AOC!